So the 2009 line up: Bourdais is officially confirmed by STR

Posted by BAR#10 
Sato....LMAO. One of the most overrated hacks to ever get in a F1 car. Seriously, the dude is on a par with Alex Yoong and Ant Davidson, yet for some mysterious reason people actually think of Sato as a competent driver.

If Honda hadn't carried him for years Sato would be selling video games in Tokyo by now....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
If Honda hadn't carried him for years Sato would be selling video games in Tokyo by now....

Destruction Derby?

No, lol I quite like Sato, I think he is good enough to be in F1 and to score points regulary, but never win.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>Ant Davidson

Imho give Davidson a competitive car and i reckon he would acheive more than Coulthard ever could, the talent is there.

He's been rather unlucky.
Slow down there fella.... Coulthard scored more points than Mansell. That's not completely worthless.
Mika, perhaps you mean could be as quick as DC, because DC achieved quite alot during his time in F1...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Bruninho Wrote:
>
> I'll help you and bring it back on topic. I said
> some posts ago that I dont think that Bourdais
> deserves another chance. C'mon, what he showed in
> 2008 to be given a 2nd chance? He was beaten by a
> 19 yr old boy that won a race in the same car.

I think Bourdais had some of the worst luck last year. For instance, sure Vettel won at Monza, but Bourdais was just as fast in that race, but his problem on the grid really screwed his race. If Piquet deserves another chance, then so does Bourdais.
The Lopper Wrote:
> Bruninho Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > I'll help you and bring it back on topic. I
> said
> > some posts ago that I dont think that Bourdais
> > deserves another chance. C'mon, what he showed
> in
> > 2008 to be given a 2nd chance? He was beaten by
> a
> > 19 yr old boy that won a race in the same car.
>
> I think Bourdais had some of the worst luck last
> year. For instance, sure Vettel won at Monza, but
> Bourdais was just as fast in that race, but his
> problem on the grid really screwed his race. If
> Piquet deserves another chance, then so does
> Bourdais.

Yeah he had bad luck @ Monza but I still dont see why he should be given another chance. Hes not a Rookie like Piquet. He tried to enter F1 ten years ago, I think that he had even tested a Renault, didnt get a seat then turned to CCWS.

He's not an idiot like Piquet either. Whinger maybe....
Indeed hes not an idiot. hes an uber idiot capable of high level of Whinging ;)

Is that "Little Whinging" from the Harry Potter books or just a misplaced capital letter? ;) On a serious note though, for certain the pressure is on Bourdais to perform this year. He's survived a difficult transition from Champcars to F1, but I think some of his performances highlighted the underlying raw talent that's definitely there. Even if he doesn't make it in F1, his motor-racing record is still pretty impressive.

I dunno what it is about Bourdais, maybe it is the Milky Bar kid look, but I want to see him do well. :)
Granted, the talent pool was watered down in ChampCar, but Bourdais had some substantial accomplishments there. I think this year driving with slicks and now being familiar wih all the circuits, Bourdais will be regularly in the points....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy