So the 2009 line up: Bourdais is officially confirmed by STR

Posted by BAR#10 
yes, i personally think Pantano would be a better option than him

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes, i personally think Pantano would be a better
> option than him

ah, but Ed, you must have seen my sig pic?

anyway, Ross Brawn has fueled interest that he may go for Alonso, take a look at this:

Honda boss Ross Brawn has reignited speculation that he is targeting Renault's double world champion Fernando Alonso for the 2009 season.

The team are reported to be considering offering the Spaniard a short-term deal to partner Britain's Jenson Button.

Brawn told Autosport: "Fernando is one of the top drivers in Formula One and I think every team apart from one would welcome him.

"We are no different, but whether it happens, who knows?"

Honda's current drivers Button and Rubens Barrichello are both out of contract at the end of the season.

Brawn is in the midst of negotiations with them but is reported to be tempted to make a move for Alonso to capitalise on the planned technical advancements on the 2009 car.

Next season's Honda is the first car on which the former Ferrari technical director has completely led the development since joining the team in November 2007.

"I think any team would want to have a longer term deal - any driver for one year is difficult," added Brawn.

"But if you have one-year and do well, then it becomes two or three years.

"I am sure the McLaren deal was more than a one-year deal and that didn't last beyond a year."

Alonso returned to Renault, with whom he won his world titles in 2005 and 2006, after a tumultuous season at McLaren.

But the 27-year-old has struggled in a uncompetitive car with two fourth-place finishes his best results of the season.

In contrast, Barrichello claimed a podium at the British Grand Prix to eclipse team-mate Button's performances this season, who only has three points to his name.

Despite disappointing performances this season, Brawn suggested last month that he would not drastically alter his driver line-up.

He told BBC Sport: "The likelihood is the same two helmets will be in our 2009 cars."

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2008 07:33PM by msater.
In this web [www.telecinco.es] sorry is in spanish :) says Ross Brawn offered a contract to Alonso for 15 millions a year...

I think Honda and BMW didn´t confirmed their drivers yet becuase they are waiting to Alonso...

this is what the online magazine GPWeek says could happen in 2009

[mag.gpweek.com]

but since that was published (earlier today) there have been the sato rumours, as well as Vijay Mallya saying that he would keep his drivers next year
[en.f1-live.com]

i personally would get rid of sutil and put liuzzi in. sutil's done nothing all year (i dont include monaco because he cheated and would never have been as high if he didn't)

X (@ed24f1)
Hmm, I haven't heard about most of the rumours on that image...
Wow, so Raikkonen retires and appears Rakkonen?? (pay attention to the image...) ;)

But seriously, Raikkonen is confirmed for 2009 I think...

Kimi is confirmed for 2009 ...2010 not so sure but quite likely :)
mr. r may retire at the end of 08

I think you could add Lucas Di Grassi to the Renault possibles, definitely more likely that Liuzzi...

WTF? Liuzzi at Renault? Where did that one come from?
Just thinking, would a race-by-race contract be possible for Luizzi and Sutil??
Like have Sutil do one, then Luizzi??
Because atm I dont think Sutils good enough. Ok, 4th at Monaco was special but since he has been nowhere, I do think Luizzi could at least be a little quicker...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Re: So the 2009 line up ...**some links posted here contain spoilers of Hungarian Gp***
Date: August 12, 2008 12:50PM
Posted by: chet (IP Logged)

Just thinking, would a race-by-race contract be possible for Luizzi and Sutil??
Like have Sutil do one, then Luizzi??

What sense would that make? Driver needs time to adapt to a car.

It makes sense only when one of them is paying driver, so team sacrifies a seat in order to collect some money.

Don't forget that Red Bull did something similar with Klien and Liuzzi in 2005. I don't know if either of them were pay drivers, but there you go - it can happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
red 5 Wrote:
> Re: So the 2009 line up ...**some links posted
> here contain spoilers of Hungarian Gp***
> Date: August 12, 2008 12:50PM
> Posted by: chet (IP Logged)
>
> Just thinking, would a race-by-race contract be
> possible for Luizzi and Sutil??
> Like have Sutil do one, then Luizzi??
>
> What sense would that make? Driver needs time to
> adapt to a car.
>
> It makes sense only when one of them is paying
> driver, so team sacrifies a seat in order to
> collect some money.

I guess but their new not new to this so adapting will not take long... By the sounds of it Mallaya wants Sutil but he has had a horrid season bar Monaco.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Are you suggesting that they should go with Liuzzi as a regular while Sutil would drive at monaco only!?

F1 in not NASCAR. It seldom happens, and yes it happened in RedBull in '05. But they (Liuzzi, Klien) both
dissapointed. I think they (renault) should sacrifice 2nd seat completely and let junior drivers from
Formula Renault drive. On every venue new driver, who knows they might sieze great talent that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2008 01:52PM by red 5.
msater Wrote:
> mr. r may retire at the end of 08

he has confirmed he will continue nextt year for sure!
red 5 schreef:
> Are you suggesting that they should go with Liuzzi
> as a regular while Sutil would drive at monaco
> only!?
>
> F1 in not NASCAR. It seldom happens, and yes it
> happened in RedBull in '05. But they (Liuzzi,
> Klien) both
> dissapointed. I think they (renault) should
> sacrifice 2nd seat completely and let junior
> drivers from
> Formula Renault drive. On every venue new driver,
> who knows they might sieze great talent that way.

You are allowed to have maximum 3 different drivers in one seat over the whole season :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2008 03:05PM by kv88.
yes, although iirc you are allowed more drivers in the team's 2nd car than the 1st car (defined by numbers)

X (@ed24f1)
williams apparently will have to retain kazuki nakajima for 2009. i think that he will be confirmed because of the toyota engines deal. with rosberg confirmed, so the lineup is pretty much the same for 2009.

force india and toyota are confirmed.

Frantic Wrote:
> I think Honda and BMW didn´t confirmed their
> drivers yet becuase they are waiting to Alonso...

good point

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy