Posted by: Ali
DaveEllis Wrote:

> Massa is not as good as DC or Irvine. Both have
> what is known as "throttle control". It is a very
> basic ability for a racing driver to have in any
> series, and Massa lacks it. Had TC never have come
> in then he'd have spent a year testing at Ferrari,
> then told to go find a new job. The man is not
> good enough to drive a modern Formula One car.

[:-o]

In F1 there have always been "fortunate" drivers, those who can get a top F1 car for long time 'faking' somehow their talent: Massa in the most recent one, but yes, Irvine, Coulthard (what a guy, McLaren and Williams for no less than 11 seasons, 2 Williams and 9!! with McLaren). Massa is playing his role, a fast driver who wins a race from time to time, but this year he should be able to finish some.

I don't know how season is going to go for Ferrari if Massa is hardly capable of finishing a race without an error...or if he is going to end the season at Ferrari at all. By now he has 0 points...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2008 08:54AM by Ali.
Re: Malaysian F1 Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: March 26, 2008 09:18AM
Posted by: marcl
I agree with that.

With DC on his day no one could beat him, but they did not happen offen the car had to be perfect.

Massa is the same, if everything is perfect he wins and no one can stop him.

Eddie I dont know about him, I dont think we ever reallt saw what he could really do. There was only half a year when he ot the whole ferrari team behind him.
Date: March 26, 2008 10:15AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Massa is the same, if everything is perfect he wins and no one can stop him.

Perfect as in "has the throttle controlled for him"?

Massa was crap before TC, 2nd rate with it, and back to crap without it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 26, 2008 10:24AM
Posted by: Shinnbob
Personally i think Massa has shown what kind of driver he really is. Raikkonen made mistakes at Melbourne yes, but a solid drive at Malaysia prooved what a good driver he is. Massa has made major mistakes at both races so far, he really needs to step his game up now
Date: March 26, 2008 10:38AM
Posted by: IWE
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Massa was crap before TC, 2nd rate with it, and
> back to crap without it.

Problem is just that Massa wasnt in F1 before TC.. But yep, he seems to be b-class driver with and without it. :P

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 26, 2008 11:39AM
There have been some races where massa was unbeatable.

Brazil 2006, turkey 2006, and some last year. But as I said he needs to start from pole and not have to fight anyone.
Date: March 26, 2008 12:02PM
Problem is just that Massa wasnt in F1 before TC..

...he drove F1 cars before TC. And binned them. Lots.

And lets not forget that with TC he still managed some epicly crap performances.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 26, 2008 12:48PM
They will probably only give him 3 more races I would think. Peter Sauber has also said he is not supprised Massa spun off as he loses concenration when things are not going his way.
Date: March 26, 2008 01:24PM
Posted by: gav
Shinnbob Wrote:
> Personally i think Massa has shown what kind of
> driver he really is. Raikkonen made mistakes at
> Melbourne yes, but a solid drive at Malaysia
> prooved what a good driver he is. Massa has made
> major mistakes at both races so far, he really
> needs to step his game up now

So you've concluded that Raikkonen is 50% good and Massa 0%. Sutil for the title.
Date: March 26, 2008 02:13PM
Posted by: Sapo
I wonder what happens if Massa wins the next one or two races (like he did last year), both in this forum and in the paddock.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: March 26, 2008 02:19PM
We talk about why everyone else retired, then resume normal service.

On a more serious note, so what if he wins the next 2 races? What does that prove? He can do 2 whole races without spinning? ooooooo.

sorry, but until he manages to do most of a season without a throttle related spin, I don't care what he manages. Rookie errors such as his recent ones are not acceptable at this level of motorsport.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2008 02:20PM by DaveEllis.
Date: March 26, 2008 03:44PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I agree with that. It wouldn't surprise me if Massa comes out and wins a few races. This is what makes him so annoying for me; He's like the anti-Ferrari No.2 pilot, in that you know his race wins will have no effect on the championship other than to take points away from the No.1 pilot.

As an example, his good performance in Istanbul in 2006 did absolutely nothing but prevent Schumacher from getting a clean pit-stop and winning the race. Did Massa deserve the win. Yes. Did it serve any greater purpose? No. (Although the anti-Schu brigade may feel differently about that, LOL.)

Massa is the 'spoiler'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2008 03:44PM by Razorsedge.
Date: March 26, 2008 04:07PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i totally agree with the negative comments about Massa. so what if he wins the next 2 races? it's more than likely that (if he doesn't manage to spin off), he'll only have won them by starting on pole and not being challenged at all for the whole race, as every one of his race wins so far have been.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 26, 2008 04:39PM
Posted by: Morbid
Razorsedge Wrote:
> As an example, his good performance in Istanbul in
> 2006 did absolutely nothing but prevent Schumacher
> from getting a clean pit-stop and winning the
> race. Did Massa deserve the win. Yes. Did it serve
> any greater purpose? No. (Although the anti-Schu
> brigade may feel differently about that, LOL.)
>
> Massa is the 'spoiler'.

I would argue that in this case Massa was the very thing that makes F1 a sport!

By the same logic you put forth, if that makes me part of the anti-Schu brigade, then Schumacher never was a sportsman, and the Schumists never were fans of a sport, but rather clones in a corporate capitalist social movement.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 26, 2008 08:36PM
Posted by: chet
sorry, but until he manages to do most of a season without a throttle related spin, I don't care what he manages. Rookie errors such as his recent ones are not acceptable at this level of motorsport.

A whole season? tbh thats alot to ask of any driver. I bet Kimi, though he already has made silly mistakes, Alonso, and Lewis all make silly errors throughout this season.
I agree mistakes at this level should not be accepted, but how many times at Aus did the world champion make what im sure we would all call rookie errors?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 26, 2008 09:25PM
And how many bad errors does kimi normally make? none.

Honest he hardly ever spins, its been that way since he started in F1.
Date: March 26, 2008 09:28PM
Yup, Kimi made some very silly errors. But does he lack the basic throttle control required to drive an F1 car? So far Massa has had several offs, one of them almost ended his race in Australia (and was down right hilarious it should be said, not even managing 1 lap of the 2008 season before binning it in retarded style) and the other did end his race when he seemingly plain forgot he didn't have TC and floored the throttle in a not-particularly-high-acceleration-zone and parked it in the gravel.

Mistakes like Kimis happen. People outbreak themselves all the time. Very few drivers have so limit ability to control the throttle that they produce the style of mistakes that Massa has been creating, and even less drivers manage to make this mistake several times.

Until the man learns the very basics of driving a car, perhaps he should wonder why he is in a Ferrari. Everyone assumed that he would mature in his time at Ferrari, and whilst his driving style looked a bit erratic, everyone assumed he had done so. But so far he has been testing without TC for months, done 2 races, and it shows he is no further forward than 2002. 6 years later, the exact same Massa trademarked errors are happening.

A waste of talent, and certainly a waste of a top F1 seat. He will be replaced for 2009.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 26, 2008 10:00PM
Posted by: chet
A waste of a top seat? agreed, put Jenson in the car!!!! lol

But, no seriously, im still unsure on his malaysia accident, whether it was all to do with his heavy right foot or not. But yeah, agreed that he doesnt deserve that seat especially given the car Alonso is driving! Get Alonso in that Ferrari and we'll see a real 3/4 way fight for the championship!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 26, 2008 10:47PM
Posted by: RonnyF1
I don't think that Massa is a top driver but for #2 role he's not that bad, he only needs to be more consistent.

His mistakes do remind me a little of Montoya, he did pull really silly mistakes but that doesn't take away the fact that JPM was one of the fastest drivers during his time (if not the fastest).
Date: March 26, 2008 10:50PM
Posted by: RonnyF1
chet Wrote:
> A waste of a top seat? agreed, put Jenson in the
> car!!!! lol
>
> But, no seriously, im still unsure on his malaysia
> accident, whether it was all to do with his heavy
> right foot or not. But yeah, agreed that he doesnt
> deserve that seat especially given the car Alonso
> is driving! Get Alonso in that Ferrari and we'll
> see a real 3/4 way fight for the championship!

double post, oh noes.

Mhmm I'm not so sure about Ferrari wanting to pull a Mclaren. It would be awesome to have Fernando in that car though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy