Malaysian F1 Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Frantic 
Re: Malaysian F1 Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: March 23, 2008 09:03AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Massa had a throttle issue. Its called his foot.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 23, 2008 09:08AM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
I get the feeling this is gona be a regular thing with Massa. He really is a waste of a top seat.
He's not fast, he qualified 1st with the lightest fuel load of the top 4 and in race pace, hes either not upto raikkonen speed or just spins it....
Date: March 23, 2008 09:38AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Massa just can't handle the fact that Kimi is just so much better than him on race pace
Date: March 23, 2008 09:38AM
Posted by: chet
and as brundle mentions about fastest laps, jb does a 1.35.7, so yeah, why werent you doing that earlier in the race!??!

anyway, this race, renault, redbull and honda were matching lap for lap almost.

edit - ermm, got to say, a pretty @#$%& race compared to aus. was expected to be easy kimi win i suppose. good race from Jarno, so much for the trulli train :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2008 09:39AM by chet.
Date: March 23, 2008 09:39AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
ferrari will get behind kimi now. alonso to ferrari in 2009.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2008 09:46AM by rapid_f1.
Date: March 23, 2008 09:47AM
Posted by: gav
Hats off to Trulli - great race. Kubica too and from what I saw without looking at Live Timing, Nakajima did very well in a lighter car early on (what happened to him?) and Piquet 'just' 20 seconds down on Alonso too.

Excellent scrap between DC, Alonso and Heidfeld in the first stint.

rapid_f1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> do itv realise there are 21 other drivers? morons
> stfu about lewis

To be fair it was zillions of times better than Aus. At least the build-up wasn't just about Hamilton, though there was the obligatory feature.
Date: March 23, 2008 09:57AM
Posted by: marcl
Will lewis get to keep 5th place or get dq.

Due to the pit stop problem the wheel areo thing was moving with the wheel so that could count as a moveable areo device. It was always said the front wheel trims are not allowed to move.

Race was ok good drive for kimi ferrari are so strong.

Lewis was a bit unlucky with that pit stop but done all he could. I think mclaren made a mistake putting soft tyres on for 2 stints and he was alot heavier than webber so that made it even harder to pass. No doubt people will just have a go about him not passing webber but leaving it to the pit stops, funny that a world champion used to do this and never got any stick about it

People said lewis would have probs without tc I always said it would be massa, 2 races down 2 spins.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2008 10:02AM by marcl.
Date: March 23, 2008 09:58AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Kimi did a great race. Good to see him back on track again like this. Just goes to show how Australia was a freak race for him.

Massa just further proved my point this weekend. Done pole? Ok, can he keep up on the race? Nope, and also ends his race with such a stupid mistake like that. He made Ferrari lose the opportunity to leave Malaysia with 19 points against 22 for McLaren, hehe. From the get go you could see how Kimi was faster with a heavier car. Kimi will probably walk Massa this year.

Great race from Kubica. Well deserved podium, since last year he didn't get any. Heidfeld was blistering fast there at the end.

Kovalainen did a pretty good race considering he started 8th and finished 3rd. Congrats to him. Frankly, Hamilton was pretty mediocre again. Couldn't get past Webber, than later got to Trulli, but couldn't do anything about it either.

Webber did a solid job. Didn't see what happened to DC.

Alonso drove a pretty good race, when you consider he got another point. Obviously no title fight for him this year, but should be interesting to see what he can do with a car like this. And Piquet did pretty good too.

Roll on Bahrein. Races there are always cool for the midfield :)
Date: March 23, 2008 10:00AM
i never saw the buildup gav only the race and everything was compared to lewis, "nakajima picks his nose but that will slow lewis down by a tenth..oh no" it was stupid. and brundle is falling into that trap too. next time i will watch itv and listen to bbc commentary.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: March 23, 2008 10:06AM
Posted by: brunoboi
marcl Wrote:
> Will lewis get to keep 5th place or get dq.
>
> Due to the pit stop problem the wheel areo thing
> was moving with the wheel so that could count as a
> moveable areo device. It was always said the
> front wheel trims are not allowed to move.
>

Hmm that's definately something to consider but I don't really think he gained any advantage from it in fact it was a huge disadvantage to him so there shouldn't be any problems.

Kimi once again showing why he's the World Champion - Flawless and completely discarding any comments that he was struggling without TC. Kubica did a very good drive too and Kovaleinen - People seem to be forgetting that the Finn is easily matching Lewis' pace and yesterday in Quali went faster despite having the heavier car - I definately consider him a title contender.

I would've liked to see the safety car come out for Massa's spin just to liven things up a bit but a generally good race and I still havent got a clue about the pace of most of the teams - Bring on Bahrain!

Date: March 23, 2008 10:09AM
"Kovalainen did a pretty good race considering he started 8th and finished 3rd. Congrats to him. Frankly, Hamilton was pretty mediocre again. Couldn't get past Webber, than later got to Trulli, but couldn't do anything about it either."

What would you have said had lewis not had the problem in the pits and got 3rd then? The whole fact is lewis lost all that time and was not that far beind kovy at the end? And lewis started 9th.

You probably still would have said not that great what is the guy meant to do.

Last gp you also said lewis did nothing, what did kubica do here? just drove with not battles etc yet you say great drive. I Just dont get it at all tbh.

You say Nick was so fast at the end think you will find lewis was faster!

f1 is so hard to pass trulli could not get passed kovy, alonso could not get passed webber yet when lewis had clear track he was a lot faster than webber and only due to a pit stop problem was he 5th not 3rd maybe even 2nd!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2008 10:12AM by marcl.
Date: March 23, 2008 10:09AM
brunoboi Wrote:
> ...and Kovaleinen - People
> seem to be forgetting that the Finn is easily
> matching Lewis' pace and yesterday in Quali went
> faster despite having the heavier car - I
> definately consider him a title contender.

Yeah, Heikki is driving very well. I think early on the fight will be Kimi vs Hamilton, but this could easily become Kimi vs Hamilton vs Heikki next race. Depending on Ferraris pace at bahrain though, we might see Kimi flying off in the distance by mid-season.
Date: March 23, 2008 10:14AM
marcl i think your kidding yourself if you think lewis could have got 2nd

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: March 23, 2008 10:14AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Decent race! Great to see Kimi/Ferrari back on their dominant form again! Glad to see Heikki beat Hamilton :)

Date: March 23, 2008 10:16AM
dunno about 2nd u are right but lewis was faster than nick was he faster than kubica tbh i can not remember the gap but 3rd was on.
Date: March 23, 2008 10:34AM
Posted by: flat tyre
I thought that Sepang was designed to promote overtaking?!

Shame that it was such a boring race, this circuit is really the only Tilke-drome that I like.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: March 23, 2008 10:52AM
marcl Wrote:
> "Kovalainen did a pretty good race considering he
> started 8th and finished 3rd. Congrats to him.
> Frankly, Hamilton was pretty mediocre again.
> Couldn't get past Webber, than later got to
> Trulli, but couldn't do anything about it
> either."
>
> What would you have said had lewis not had the
> problem in the pits and got 3rd then? The whole
> fact is lewis lost all that time and was not that
> far beind kovy at the end? And lewis started
> 9th.
>
> You probably still would have said not that great
> what is the guy meant to do.
>
> Last gp you also said lewis did nothing, what did
> kubica do here? just drove with not battles etc
> yet you say great drive. I Just dont get it at
> all tbh.
>
> You say Nick was so fast at the end think you will
> find lewis was faster!
>
> f1 is so hard to pass trulli could not get passed
> kovy, alonso could not get passed webber yet when
> lewis had clear track he was a lot faster than
> webber and only due to a pit stop problem was he
> 5th not 3rd maybe even 2nd!

Best he could've gotten is 4th without the problem in the pits. I doubt he would've beaten Heikki to 3rd. He wasn't that hot on the 2nd stint and Heikki was faster than him all the time, except in the end where he didn't need to push. And you are kidding right? Heidfeld did the fastest lap of the race, 1 tenth faster than Kimi in fact. As for Kubica he did make a great drive. Kept a very nice pace all through and was faster than both McLarens.

I think you guys need to watch the race with live timing on :)
Date: March 23, 2008 10:59AM
Posted by: vesuvius
so far it has been very nice to notice that Kimi looks to be the best starter of the grid ...2 times a great start and today even from dirty side of the grid :) and fantastic race from him today also Kubica and Heikki great job!
Date: March 23, 2008 11:00AM
Ok maybe i need to have live timing on.

how ever on the 1st stint lewis was faster than kovy its hard to look at what he could have done on the 2nd stint as he was behind webber.

And again in the 3rd stint before he got stuck behind trulli he pulled away from nick.

I looks at things on the screen not lap time by lap time.

I just dont understand when you say kuica had a great race due to keeping pace when lewis done the same in australia and you said nothing special.

Anayway enough of that now, i have my views you have yours fair enough.

Must say though kubica quali lap was somthing with the fuel load he had.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2008 11:19AM by marcl.
Date: March 23, 2008 11:27AM
Posted by: blackshocks
- Massa is a twat; he should slow down more instead of trying to keep up with Kimi's pace.

- Heikki will probably be faster than Lewis at most of the races, but will be told to hold station behind..

- Kubica did a good, if unspectacular race.

- Heidfeld should have been doing those kind of lap-times earlier on; same for Button.

- Trulli really went well, looks the Toyota has some pace in it after all..

- Alonso got the maximum they could, although Nelsinho wasn't too far behind.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy