>
> But lewis and and kovy could get a 10 place
> penalty as they held up 2 drivers.
>
> Quali 3 just sucks now tbh they need to do light
> fuel runs and give a bit of paper in at the start
> with the fuel load they want to start with simple
> as that.

why would Kubica get dropped also? did he do something? shouldn't he be in front of Alonso and not to get penalty...and Alonso belongs to behind Webber.
Re: Malaysian F1 Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: March 22, 2008 11:26AM
Posted by: marcl
At 1st it said that kubica lewis and kovy held up alonso but it was not the case it was just kovy.
Date: March 22, 2008 11:27AM
Posted by: vesuvius
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Turns out lewis did not hold up alonso that was
> kovy. As I said lewis pulled over after nick went
> passed.
>
> It as hard to see what was going on.
>
> I think lewis is going to claim he had no where to
> go both kovy and kubica were going se slow that he
> was boxed in.
>
> Kubica did not hold anyone up both lewis and
> kubica let alonso pass
>
> There are some other stories that infact lewis was
> going for a 2nd run and got held up himself I dont
> know if that is true but on the radio the team
> told him to do 2 runs at the start of his 1st lap?
> anyone know if thats true?

they said Lewis has a fuel for 2 flying laps if he wants...but it was up to him if he would want do 2 flying laps or not.

by the way even if Alonso got hold up by Kovalainen...he wouldn't have been any higher then 9.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2008 11:30AM by vesuvius.
Date: March 22, 2008 11:30AM
well lewis could turn round and say he was doing that then, he did catch kovy fast. That would be his way out of getting a penalty lol bit sneeky but if he could proove he was going at full pace till he was blocked that would be enough.

Trulli got in his way at the start of his lap thats why i think he would have done another lap.
Date: March 22, 2008 11:31AM
Posted by: aagancia
Here's a quote from Lewis' radio...

"OK Lewis to confirm, you have fuel for two laps. It's your choice what to do in the 2nd lap. I won't say anything if I see you backing out. Then we can save fuel and come in."

I think he just opted to not make a 2nd run and just conserve fuel.
Date: March 22, 2008 11:34AM
just watched the reply and he was still attacking into the 1st and 2nd corner on the 2nd lap so dont know.
Date: March 22, 2008 11:37AM
yeah, just watched the replay too. It's hard to say. Lewis may have just opted to slow down when he saw the traffic after turn 1 and 2.
Date: March 22, 2008 11:40AM
If lewis came up to kovy to fast and kubica was on the inside where could lewis go? so infact he would have had no time to get out of nicks way either at that point he was alongside with kubica then backed off to full in behind him.

For lewis i dont think its as clear cut and he could talk himself out of it but kovy held up 2 cars maybe even 3 if lewis was on a lap.

we shall see
Date: March 22, 2008 11:46AM
Posted by: gav
Mirrors would be no use in this situation. By the time you saw them they'd be on you, and a car moving across the track in front of a one flying at full speed would be worse still. I'd imagine Lewis was pretty close to Alonso.

It's clear to see that Heikki is fully in the braking zone when Alonso passes him (has to go up the inside), rather than just entering it when Heidfeld overtook him. Alonso lost loads.

No word yet of an investigation, which I'm shocked at. Surely they've got to at least address it?

//edit: that was a reply to Ferrari_Fuhrer on the previous page... I went to do something and hadn't refreshed :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2008 11:49AM by gav.
Date: March 22, 2008 11:50AM
This site says they were already summoned...

[f1.gpupdate.net]
Date: March 22, 2008 12:02PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
well in the end you know guys, it's McLaren and Lewis, bet they will fine them with one of these 10.000 dollars(lol) just to say they did something about.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2008 12:04PM by Rodrigo007.
Date: March 22, 2008 12:05PM
Posted by: IWE
I really hope there will be punishments and maybe after some complains from teams and drivers to FIA also some rule changes. Current system is pretty much joke and might cause totally unnessesary accidents someday if nothing will change.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 22, 2008 12:14PM
Posted by: Sapo
I really do hope there won't be any punishments (like putting the Macca's back to the grid), i'm getting fed up with all the punishing in f1 the lat few years, there are very few races where drivers just start and finish on the place they should be.

Nick and Alonso could have planned their run better, the could know their is the risk of cruising drivers at the end of the qually. Ofcourse there shouldn't be drivers who slow down others, be everyone knows it happens, on purpose or not.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: March 22, 2008 12:29PM
Posted by: IWE
Also in Monaco 2006 people could have planned their run better when MS parked his car on track.. And he got punished. Just to remind you..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 22, 2008 12:29PM
Alonso was only held up by one mclaren so god knows why he is saying 2 unless he is talking for nick as well.

Its clear mclaren were in the wrong so give them a grid penalty and be done with it.

I dont understand why it is taking so long.

If alonso was held up by lewis he was also held up by kubica as lewis was behind him at that point, lewis only held up nick but he would have been held up by kovy anyway.
Date: March 22, 2008 12:30PM
sorted now 5 place drop for both mclarens. The only thing i dont find fair is kovy held up alonso and nick lewis just nick so why is the punishment the same? anyway its done now. And if the punishment is just for alonso then lewis was not involved in that

Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalainen have each been moved five places down the grid for blocking rival drivers in qualifying for the Malaysian Grand Prix.

The McLaren pair were investigated by the stewards after qualifying following claims that they had impeded Nick Heidfeld and Fernando Alonso in the closing stages of the session.

The two drivers were driving slowly back to the pits, having completed their final qualifying efforts, while other drivers were still on their fast laps.

Following several hours of deliberation by the stewards about whether or not the McLaren pair had done anything wrong, it was eventually decided that the duo should be punished.

A McLaren spokesman confirmed that the two drivers had been moved back five places each. He also said the team would not appeal the decision.

It means Kovalainen will now start from eighth place on the grid, with Hamilton one place behind him.

BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica, who was lapping on the track close to the McLarens, said he felt Alonso was hurt more than Heidfeld by the blocking.

"I saw clearly that Alonso's lap was screwed because of, I think, Kovalainen staying on the racing line," he said. "Nick was a bit more lucky because his incident was before braking, so he could rejoin the good line.

"But Alonso, he had to brake inside and he lost for sure there a lot of time. It was quite dangerous."

Revised grid:

1. Massa Ferrari
2. Raikkonen Ferrari
3. Trulli Toyota
4. Kubica BMW Sauber
5. Heidfeld BMW Sauber
6. Webber Red Bull-Renault
7. Alonso Renault
8. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes *
9. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes *
10. Glock Toyota
11. Button Honda
12. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault
13. Piquet Renault
14. Barrichello Honda
15. Vettel Toro Rosso-Ferrari
16. Rosberg Williams-Toyota
17. Fisichella Force India-Ferrari
18. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari
19. Sato Super Aguri-Honda
20. Sutil Force India-Ferrari
21. Davidson Super Aguri-Honda
22. Nakajima Williams-Toyota **

* Penalised for blocking
** Penalised for his crash his Australia

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2008 12:44PM by marcl.
Date: March 22, 2008 12:51PM
Posted by: MarcA
I don't think that's fair at all, infact it's @#$%& ridiculous.

I'm not a McLaren fan at all, but all that needs changing is the stupid rule.

Date: March 22, 2008 12:57PM
I think its fair tbh a driver could have been hurt and nick hit one
Date: March 22, 2008 01:04PM
The start here can be messy and I am sure the BMW pair will be going for it just hope we have 2 mclarens left on the track starting where they are now is not to good.

It would be so funny is massa dropped it again and took kimi with him lol.
Date: March 22, 2008 01:08PM
Posted by: Covfan
Amazing decision, absolutely amazing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy