Posted by: aagancia
Re: Schumacher gets a podium
Date: March 27, 2008 01:08AM
Posted by: kv88
Shame he won't run in DTM alongside his brother

Date: March 27, 2008 03:12AM
Posted by: marcl
DTM is not a challenge for him why would he do it? if he wanted to race on 4 wheels he could go back to F1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2008 12:42PM by marcl.
Date: March 27, 2008 04:48AM
Posted by: Shinnbob
What it fails to mention is that the people behind were all amateurs, and the two pros who won were 7 seconds a lap faster than Schumacher. Sounds like a triumph for him though

Date: March 27, 2008 10:12AM
Posted by: gav
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DTM is not a challenge for him why would he do it?
> if he wanted to race on 5 wheels he could go back
> to F1.

Number of past (full time) F1 drivers who have been champions of DTM?
Date: March 27, 2008 11:48AM
Posted by: marcl
0 lol but when he has spoken about it before he did not talk that highly of it.

I think the only time we would enter is if Alfa did tbh.
Date: March 27, 2008 01:28PM
Posted by: chet
Didnt Shumi do a few ITC races ?? Back when it was full of names we all knew!!!

But yeah, I agree that bikes would probably be a much better challenge for him, he has always been interested in them anyway :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 27, 2008 06:37PM
Posted by: IWE
Yes/no. If Im not wrong it was called DTM in those times. He was driving Mercedes Benz in 1989 or 1990 if Im right.. Just no anykind idea wichkind results he had. :)

And his latest MotoGP "test" didnt go so badly, so some bit more amateur serie might really be realistic.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 27, 2008 07:35PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Nice to see him still enjoying himself and being successful :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: March 27, 2008 07:58PM
Posted by: mikef1
Indeed.
Date: March 28, 2008 01:48AM
Posted by: gp_2112
gav schrieb:
> marcl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > DTM is not a challenge for him why would he do
> it?
> > if he wanted to race on 5 wheels he could go
> back
> > to F1.
>
> Number of past (full time) F1 drivers who have
> been champions of DTM?

Hans-Joachim Stuck, Nicola Larini and Bernd Schneider... all three of them only obscurely successful in F1 of course...

By the way, Michael Schumacher's last comments weren't that he wasn't interested in DTM, he alledgedly said: "Ich glaube dass Ralf und ich nicht genug Talent haben, um im DTM-Auto wirklich schnell zu sein" - "I don't think Ralf and I have enough talent to be really quick in a DTM car."

I think it was a bold move from Ralf to move to DTM, especially after his results in F1 last year. This is not going to be easy for him, and chances are he probably won't be much more successful than Alesi, Frentzen or Häkkinen who have switched over in recent years... but we'll see. Maybe some people will actually be positively surprised.
Date: March 28, 2008 04:03AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
IWE Wrote:
> He was driving Mercedes Benz in 1989 or
> 1990 if Im right..

I believe he was driving sports cars for Mercedes, not DTM or touring cars...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: March 28, 2008 09:08AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
ITC did not exist until 1996. Until then it was DTM. Schumacher did not drive in the series in any form. He drove for the Mercedes Junior Sports Car team in late 1990 through to the end of the 1991 season (and I think they won a couple of races). Funnily enough, the Mercedes C11 and C291 were run by Sauber.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 28, 2008 11:09AM
Ok.. All I have is article about history of MS in Finnish F1racing magazine with picture of him driving green-white (or was it green-silver) Mercedes-Benz car wich looks a lot like DTM cars of those times. And funnily enought Mercedes was giving their support to MS to make his Jordan debyt possible and had already plan to place him to Mercedes powered Sauber F1 car when team will finally enter F1.

Btw I saw today news about MS saying that he won both stars of some amateur motorbike race last weekend in Barcelona.. And Jean Todt said earlier this week that he is worried about this new hobby.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 28, 2008 12:25PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I am struggling to find a picture of the car you mentioned, and struggling even more to find Schumacher listed in any DTM archive. It is possible he tested such cars, as he was a Mercedes drive through and through at the time.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 28, 2008 02:16PM
Posted by: stipe
here some info (little outdated): [www.f1db.com]
Date: March 28, 2008 03:34PM
Posted by: chet
That Sauber C11 has to be one of the nicest racing cars ever built ! All the prototype c cars were! the amounts of downforce those things produced was amazing!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 28, 2008 04:04PM
Here is scale models of that DTM car if somebody is interested: [cgi.ebay.de] and here: [cgi.ebay.de]

Also I wasnt able to find pic of actual car..

Date: March 28, 2008 04:43PM
Posted by: Monza972
Yeah what IWE said is correct, i was reading the "the edge of greatness where there was a whole chapter on his mercedes era. I'll try to get it scanned today and show it you :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy