Malaysian F1 Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Frantic 
Re: Malaysian F1 Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: March 25, 2008 09:15AM
Posted by: marcl
Remember last year after 3 races alot of people were saying ferrari made a mistake signing kimi and lot of people took the piss out of him after the 1st race this year.

who won the championship last year after a bad start? yes kimi did so its not over for massa yet.
Date: March 25, 2008 09:52AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Kimi won the first race, and got third in the second race, thats slightly better then 2 times dnf ;)

Date: March 25, 2008 10:33AM
Posted by: aagancia
Yes, much better than Massa with zero points out of two races.

And Massa is not just being criticized for lack of points or finish. He's in question right now because of the way he exited both the recent GPs. He exited both races in a very amateur fashion.

If it was simply lack of pace, people would not be so harsh in judging him right now and definitely give him a chance to prove himself through the rest of the season.
Date: March 25, 2008 10:39AM
Posted by: mcdo
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i love that question did dc make contact with
> alonso down the main straight?
>
> DC done bloody well to avoid it after being moved
> over on.
>
> Senna and mansell done near enough the whole
> straight in spain side by side yet dc and alonso
> managed a few meters and nearly crashed.

Avoid it? DC was well within his rights AFAIC, but he looked like he was almost aiming at and maybe did give Alonso a wee tap on the tub, making an otherwise straightforward afternoon quite exciting, even after Heidfeld had delivered both of them the hello/goodbye, check out my diffuser treatment.

'Nearly crashed'. That adds weight to my conjecture.
Date: March 25, 2008 10:58AM
I am talking about down the main straight Nick had already passed them.

Alonso and Dc were wheel to wheel and alonso was the one who moved to the right towards DC, Dc done well to move or their wheels would have touched.

Massa could win the next 3 races and be back in the hunt. Its far to early to right anyone off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2008 10:59AM by marcl.
Date: March 25, 2008 11:38AM
Posted by: Sapo
Yep, zero points is always bad, and he did make a mistake in Malaysia, but then again, Massa is a fine second driver, and there's really no use of getting Schumi back halfway the season, as someone suggested. He would be the second driver than (as he missed half season's points), and that would be pathetic, Schumi as second driver, i cannot imagine he would that himself. And i heard the rumour that if one of the Ferrari driver's would not be able to drive some races, Ferrari would place Vettel in the car, as he's now connected to Ferrari due to the engines.

And then again, we all saw how bad it was at McLaren, with both driver's getting equal chances.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: March 25, 2008 12:28PM
Look at min 2:46 and u will see what i mean.

People used to have a go about ms moving to block but what alonso does is far more dangerous thats the 2nd gp now in a row he has moved over when a car is along side.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2008 12:36PM by marcl.
Date: March 25, 2008 12:40PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
does alonso want the seat at ferrari or what!

he says he can leave renault at end of season and ferrari is one of the best. now todt is out of the way who said alonso will never be at ferrari whilst im here, well hes not there.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: March 25, 2008 12:44PM
Does not send out a good message really does it? renualt took him back and true their car is not good, but after 2 races he should not be saying things like this.

Maybe when he goes to ferrari he wont like it there either where then will he go, Williams?

You never heard MS, Mika, Kimi saying things like this. They got on with their jobs did not have a go at the team etc.

I dont blame him for wanting the best car but he can not keep going from team to team to get this he needs to work at it like the drivers I have already mentioned did.
Date: March 25, 2008 02:19PM
Posted by: Ali
Always trying to catch Alonso in the worse possible way. He has said that he is in Renault because he won two champs there and he is hoping he can repeat, if not this year next year. Kimi was not that happy in 2004 with the McLaren but a lot of people is always trying to put and interpret Alonso's words to sound as they really want. Many times I've heard the very words from Alonso and after that reading some of your posts and they don't sound the same at all...
Date: March 25, 2008 02:22PM
I was responding to what rapid_f1 said.

You always defend alonso as well even when he has been in the wrong so its 50/50 :)

Dont get me wrong as a driver alonso is bloody fast, fair on track I dont think so and off track sends out very mixed signals. Other than that he is ok.

He probably only went back to renault as all other drives had gone and it was impossible for him to stay at mclaren. Watching Sundays race though I thought to myself had alonso been in the car he probably would have been closer to ferrari than lewis or kovy. Alonso is very strong in Sepang and i think they missed him.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2008 02:27PM by marcl.
Date: March 25, 2008 02:27PM
Posted by: Ali
marcl Wrote:
> I was responding to what rapid_f1 said.
>
> You always defend alonso as well even when he has
> been in the wrong so its 50/50 :)
>
> Dont get me wrong as a driver alonso is bloody
> fast, fair on track I dont think so and off track
> sends out very mixed signals. Other than that he
> is ok.

OK but, why is he "unfair on track" ?
Date: March 25, 2008 02:29PM
Over the years I dont think he has been clean thats all. And the move he done on dc down the main straight was not really clever. It was a hard move and one that if DC had not noticed could have ended up with a car in the air.

Watch the video and tell me if u would have been happy with that move if alonso was the one being moved over on.

With some drivers you can race wheel to wheel as we have seen with kimi in the past, i would not want to do that with alonso I dont think you could.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2008 02:44PM by marcl.
Date: March 25, 2008 02:54PM
Posted by: gav
He's not particularly unfair - I'm struggling to think of anything else he's done that I'd class has unfair or unsporting (I'm thinking he did the brake test at Bahrain the first year or was he the victim, but that's about it). That move on Sunday wasn't the brightest thing he's ever done though. He's a hard racer, but I don't think he's unfair.
Date: March 25, 2008 02:59PM
Brazil that year not slowing down for the yellow flag. Then having a massive crash.

Hungry brake testing a driver.

European gp brake testing dc causing him to go off track.

There have been other times as well he has brake tested drivers in practice. I remember one with Klien.

I might be being to harsh but thats just my view that I dont think he is that clean on track. Lewis is no saint either I am not saying he is btw.

I just think that move on Sunday was not that fair I know drivers have to defend but they should not move over on a driver like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2008 03:00PM by marcl.
Date: March 25, 2008 03:28PM
Posted by: gav
Fair point. Proven my memory sucks. I'll just point out that as far as I remember the DC one wasn't a brake-test. DC cocked that one up all by himself.

What's Hamilton got to do with this?
Date: March 25, 2008 03:31PM
Posted by: SexySam182
I think at Nurburgring he didnt actually brake test DC, his tires were very worn or something and he just braked earlier than DC expected.

Date: March 25, 2008 03:37PM
Depends how u look at it, i watched the replay btw before i posted.

Yes Alonso tyres were worn, he broke early whilst moving to the middle of the road. But he broke so early it was stupid even on worn tyres. I guess he was still learning at that point but there was no way dc would have expected someone to brake that early when they did not the lap before.

Thats all in the past now, maybe I am being to hard on the guy and should back off. I just find it anoying that people complain about lewis behind the saftey car for example and they forget all these points about alonso.

People did not even mention that move on Sunday yet he did the same thing a week before on Kovy soon it will end up in a crash. Block by all means but dont move when a car is along side that is just not on.
Date: March 25, 2008 03:54PM
Posted by: Muks_C
that was a bit dangerous how Alonso moved across to intimidate DC just before turn 1, luckily DC saw it and reacted well enough to avoid contact.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 25, 2008 03:58PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
marcl Wrote:
> it will end up in a crash.

what's the bet if there is a crash it will be hamilton ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy