Brazilian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Brazilian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 22, 2007 11:47AM
Posted by: marcl
Had this been the 3rd race of the year and williams and bmw had been dqd most people would say it was the right thing.

Yes its the last race and could make lewis champ but at the end of the day tough luck.

There are 22 cars and 3 cars scored points with illegal cars.

be it the 3rd or last race the cars are illegal and should be punished. Mclaren have lost points in the past as have ferrari and williams etc, its part of the sport and the rules.

I can not beleive the race stewards not knowing if the cars are legal or not. If there is any doubt that a car is legal then really they are illegal and should not socre. No one had any proof BAR ran under weight and they were banned. so come on FIA for once be consistant here.

Both williams and both BMW cars were the only ones to have this problem everyone else tested ok.

Alonso is a joke saying that he hopes mclaren loose, he was not saying that last year when renault were breaking rules and trying to get the ruling over turned.

But this does go to show what can happen when team mates race and dont help each other a driver from another team wins

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2007 11:56AM by marcl.
Date: October 22, 2007 11:50AM
Posted by: Monza972
just take constructor points away coz thats the only option. the drivers didnt/might know about the fuel that was put into their cars. so i have to say imo team problem so it has to be constructors
Date: October 22, 2007 11:58AM
I know what you mean.

But remember back to Canada a few years back with the break duck thing, the drivers did not know then and lost their points.

We will have to see what happenes but I think the FIA have now changed the result to be confirmed again.

WHat Hill is saying is correct. If the cars are removed lewis wins due to this but if they are not kimi wins due to illegal cars which shows yet again the FIA favour ferrari.

Its a no win situation tbh.

Its a shame massa did not just go for the win which was his really he must have deep down been hoping kimi had not got 2nd place at the 1st turn.

I just wish these things would not happen.

Its been the best and worst year of F1 that I can remember.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2007 12:13PM by marcl.
Date: October 22, 2007 12:15PM
well ferrari used the car once at the start of the year like that, they used it because they didnt know if that was allow or not. and anyway, even bmw used the moving floorboard this year too.
Date: October 22, 2007 12:17PM
I bet nothing happens anyway I dont see how they will test the fuel now.

But as I said cars are either legal or illegal and they can not confirm bmw and williams were legal.

As i said BAR got banned yet they could not prove the cars ever ran underweight.

Cooled fuel does give a perfmance advantage lewis finished 9 secs back how do we know if they had been running normal fuel he would not have been ahead. We dont.

And I am not just saying this cause its mclaren, its the same for every team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2007 12:20PM by marcl.
Date: October 22, 2007 12:18PM
Posted by: vesuvius
nothing will happend Kimi is the champion end of story.
Date: October 22, 2007 12:20PM
Posted by: Hologide
I hear McLaren are appealing. Can't blame them really, if there's something illegal going on then they should do.

Just wish the championship was totally decided on-track.
Date: October 22, 2007 12:21PM
Hologide Wrote:

>
> Just wish the championship was totally decided
> on-track.

me too :(
Date: October 22, 2007 12:35PM
Yep same here.
Date: October 22, 2007 12:43PM
Posted by: Isaint
Well watching F1 this whole year has been like some Hollywood movie with Ron Dennis as the director and Lewis Hamilton in the staring role ... it was like some damn script had been written for the whole thing. Will he? ... Won't he?
I'm sick of the whole thing. Lewis Hamilton has talent and if he won then he would have deserved it but TBH listening to programmes about how he was born for this and how this is his destiny and how he was working out car set-ups from the womb is really freaking me out man.

Someone should point out to the whole Mclaren team it is not thier God given right to win the World Champion ship Hamilton or not. I think kimi would say he was also born for this or Massa, or even Rosberg ... the list goes on.
The point is they are all there to win Mclaren didn't Ferarri did end of story.
If the cars involved are guilty of foul play take the constructors points like they did Mclaren nothing more. Let's just get on to next year I'm fed up with this movie ..................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2007 12:59PM by Isaint.
Date: October 22, 2007 12:48PM
Now would you say this had it been the other way round and kimi not won ?
Date: October 22, 2007 12:55PM
Posted by: gav
welshjim22 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come on people Ferrari won the constructors
> championship in court and when read in full the
> FIA justification dosen't add up to the
> punishment. Kimi whilst a great driver won
> because of Mclaren faults mistakes. Germany
> Hamilton had an accident but otherwise would have
> scored a decent amount of points. China was a
> Mclaren mistake and Brazil again was a reliability
> now whilst i agree they even out over a year Kimi
> wasn't great all year Hamilton has been.

Of course, Kimi never had any unreliability. My personal opinion is that while Hamilton's been great, and far above what any of us expected, Kimi was probably the better driver all things considered.
Date: October 22, 2007 12:55PM
Posted by: Isaint
: marcl

Now would you say this had it been the other way round and kimi not won ?

Actually yes, I am not a Raikkenon fan. Since Ms left I just watch for the racing.
Date: October 22, 2007 01:00PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
Go mclaren! GO! As if they haven't screwed F1 already this year.
Why don't they just guarantee they've buried the entire sport.
Absolutely pathetic team.
Date: October 22, 2007 01:02PM
Ok cool.

Its been the same for me this year.

But for me I just feel that this result is not fair due to the 3 cars.
Date: October 22, 2007 01:17PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
y2cwr2005 Wrote:
> Go mclaren! GO! As if they haven't screwed F1
> already this year.
> Why don't they just guarantee they've buried the
> entire sport.
> Absolutely pathetic team.

Says you with a mclaren in your avatar ;-)

Ferrari has never put the sport into disrepute either of course.

I'm past caring tbh, Mclaren have a right to appeal, but if the drivers lose their points, I will not be watching F1 again until there is an overhaul in the way its organised and generally run.
Date: October 22, 2007 01:21PM
Posted by: Nickv
I am totally on your side Marc. Illegal is illegal and rules should be followed. And as you mentioned, and as I did earlier, if it happened in race three, you wouldn't have heard anybody, but now it can influence the championship and the fanboys are everywhere. Ferrari fan boys will say 'Kimi did nothing wrong, it isn't his fault, if McLaren win the FIA can suck my ballzzzz' and the McLaren fanboys will say 'if the FIA don't DQ those cars, the FIA show again that they favour Ferrari'.

I support Hamilton and I am disappointed he didn't win. Had this happened to him (losing the title) then I'd hope those cars wouldn't be DQ'ed, but if they were, I'd accept it as rules must be followed. They aren't there for nothing.
Date: October 22, 2007 01:24PM
Posted by: Muks_C
as has been said, it's a no-win situation for everyone involved.

if nothing happens, half the world will say the FIA turned a blind-eye to guarantee Ferrari win the driver's title.

if they overturn it and Lewis wins, the other half will say the FIA only did that because they wanted their brightest new star to win the title, and the FIA have bent over backwards at the request of the British media.

if rules have been broken, punishment should be given, IMO, BUT there is something fishy in this in that the last time we heard about fuel irregularities was 12 years ago, and then it pops up again at the last, crucial race of the season. coincidence? (we can't really listen to Alonso's comment that this happens all the time, he of course doesn't want Lewis to win the title, the same way as Luca Baldisseri will say it's due to the temperature spikes at Brazil).

what would have happened if Lewis had finished 15th? would the 11 cars who finished ahead of him been under investigation so he could move to 4th and get the points he needed to win the title? who knows.

i hope there's nothing going on, BUT it does seem rather too convenient for my liking.

whatever happens, we, Ferrari, Kimi, Lewis, McLaren and the rest of the world will just have to accept whatever happens, but it would be so cruel for Kimi to finally get his hands on a well-deserved title, only to have it taken away from him (but sympathy for him should play no part in the decision, of course).

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 22, 2007 01:26PM
Posted by: mikef1
marcl Wrote:
> I know what you mean.
>
> But remember back to Canada a few years back with
> the break duck thing, the drivers did not know
> then and lost their points.
>
> We will have to see what happenes but I think the
> FIA have now changed the result to be confirmed
> again.
>
> WHat Hill is saying is correct. If the cars are
> removed lewis wins due to this but if they are not
> kimi wins due to illegal cars which shows yet
> again the FIA favour ferrari.
>
> Its a no win situation tbh.
>
> Its a shame massa did not just go for the win
> which was his really he must have deep down been
> hoping kimi had not got 2nd place at the 1st
> turn.
>
> I just wish these things would not happen.
>
> Its been the best and worst year of F1 that I can
> remember.

This year has certainly not been the best racing i can remember, far from it, however having a three way fight for the championship at the last race was fantastic. We haven't had one since 1986, however that was a better season all round.

Politically this year has been one of the worst years in F1 history, both Mclaren and Ferrari have behaved badly imo and the sport is tainted by the Spygate, but has generated more media interest as a result of that and the rise of Lewis Hamilton.
F1 should be in great shape for next season when hopefully we will have a clean fight for the championship and no more court hearings, back stabbing and dodgy press reports.
Date: October 22, 2007 01:40PM
it could be the 2nd time kimi looses something from brazil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy