Brazilian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: Brazilian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 22, 2007 03:18AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Ferrari statements above show true class. Congrats again to Kimi, Felipe, and the entire team!

Meanwhile Ron disguises Lewis as a Hobbit while he sulks off to Mount Doom to attempt to get his overlord Sauron (Bernie) to intervene in his behalf!

McLaren... what a bunch of skulking cheaters...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: October 22, 2007 03:22AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
McLaren no more...I'm really happy that Kimi's first title was with Ferrari.
Date: October 22, 2007 04:39AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
I can understand McLarens position, rules appear to have been breached.

I think a fine would be suitable penalty; as it was for Mclaren after Friday practice.

Well done to Kimi, he did a fantastic job. Hopefully he and Massa can follow up next year with another Red title!

Date: October 22, 2007 04:44AM
Posted by: Karan
So much for Mclaren losing this one with grace...

Date: October 22, 2007 08:51AM
Posted by: brnco
I predicted this outcome a month ago. I'm so f...ing brilliant.

Here's evidence:

[www.grandprixgames.org]

[www.grandprixgames.org]

are you blind? -no, I'm deaf, can't you see? -no, I'm blind.
Date: October 22, 2007 08:58AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
hhmm so mclaren appealing

when this happened to MS and DC back in 95 i think it was, they were stripped of all constructor's points but not drivers

the same penalty should be given here IMHO

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: October 22, 2007 09:06AM
Posted by: brnco
What? what's going on, I havent read through spoilers. What appeal? I just watched the race and went to drink some Keglevich vodka to honour Kimi's title. What? who is appealing. Can Kimi lose the title? What's going on?

are you blind? -no, I'm deaf, can't you see? -no, I'm blind.
Date: October 22, 2007 09:12AM
Posted by: Nickv
brnco schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What? what's going on, I havent read through
> spoilers. What appeal? I just watched the race and
> went to drink some Keglevich vodka to honour
> Kimi's title. What? who is appealing. Can Kimi
> lose the title? What's going on?

Why not do so? It's in the last few posts...

brnco schreef:
> I predicted this outcome a month ago. I'm so
> f...ing brilliant.
>
> Here's evidence:
>
>
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
>
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
> ge=1

Wow, you've guessed the winner right. The rest of your prediction posts is very wrong though, so you aren't that @#$%& brilliant.
Date: October 22, 2007 09:35AM
Posted by: zulu_85
C'mon, McLaren are like everyone else, they want nothing else but to win at least one championship, and its still theoretically open to them so they're gonna at least persue it as much as they can. Still, as much as I wanted Lewis to win, it'd be a god-awful way to finish the season and for Hamilton to get that first championship (and Kimi to lose it) so I don't really want anything to come from it. I mean, it may end up being even more humiliating for Ron if the FIA do turn around and say "You know, you are absolutely right, we really should have done something about the Williams and BMWs... constructors points removed for the race, so no change to the drivers championship..." and Mario and Frank are so very grateful. Although if they really did cheat, a punishment of something or another should be put out.
Date: October 22, 2007 09:59AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Jagdpanzer Wrote:

>
> McLaren... what a bunch of skulking cheaters...

Get @#$%&?

Come on, thats a silly comment befitting of some of the more dubious members here. You can do better than that mate. I don't think its cheating if McLaren ask for an appeal, and they haven't cheated at any stage this season, or any other seasons that I recall. If BMW or Williams have broken the regulations, then punishment should be given. It will be a poor way to win the championship though, and even as a McLaren fan, I don't want them to win it this way. Lets just put 2007 to bed and forget it because its been a pretty awful year for the team. Bring on 2008.

I'm delighted for Kimi of course because I think he deserves a great result after so many hard years at McLaren. Don't like Ferrari and its painful to see the championship (both of them) go their way, but even more painful to have both championships get ripped from McLaren. I like to think we deserved the constructors and that is a moral victory, but it counts for nothing.

Raikkonen deserved the championship, he has driven brilliantly all year despite a few setbacks around Spain and Monaco time, but thats just learning the new car and team, and when he got his act together, he was unbeatable. Again, very well done by him.

I'm not going to go into the Lewis Hamilton story, I've had enough of him and a tiny part of me is glad he didn't win. Alonso didn't deserve it either after all his antics this year. Emptiness....I dunno. Perhaps if McLaren win this appeal and do take the drivers crown for whoever driver, perhaps a swap can be arranged

Great drive by Rosberg, I look forward to seeing him in silver next year ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2007 10:05AM by Red_Bull.
Date: October 22, 2007 10:07AM
Posted by: IWE
I find somehow funny that if following rules Kimi wouldnt be worldchampion.. I doubt FIA have balls to change situation anymore but atleast his title is messed with s**t.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: October 22, 2007 10:09AM
Posted by: Gaulty
Fine. That is all that is needed. Even if the temperatures changed.

If they had been disqualified, here is what the final positions would have been

1 - Raikkonen
2 - Massa
3 - Alonso
4 - Hamilton
5 - Trulli
6 - Coulthard
7 - Nakajima
8 - Schumacher

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Date: October 22, 2007 10:58AM
Posted by: marcl
Ferrari would also appeal the result and dont say they would not.

Mclaren lost out in 1999 to a rule breach as well. Ferrari should have also not been allowed to carry on in Japan this year due to a rule breach.

Anyway it does not look they are going to do anything. All that would happen anyway would be for the teams to loose their points.

I said to my mates 2 weeks ago kimi would win after the last gp. In a way I am please due to the fact people would still say lewis won due to the ferrari plans.
Date: October 22, 2007 11:01AM
Posted by: mikef1
As if this season was not controversial enough already!
Very pleased to see the results unchanged as Kimi is the rightful Champion.
However the FIA have allowed some incidents to go unpunished this season whilst punishing others arbitrarily, transparency is needed for next season to avoid the kind of tainted season we've had this year.
Date: October 22, 2007 11:10AM
Posted by: welshjim22
Come on people Ferrari won the constructors championship in court and when read in full the FIA justification dosen't add up to the punishment. Kimi whilst a great driver won because of Mclaren faults mistakes. Germany Hamilton had an accident but otherwise would have scored a decent amount of points. China was a Mclaren mistake and Brazil again was a reliability now whilst i agree they even out over a year Kimi wasn't great all year Hamilton has been. If Ferrari can win Championship in court surely it is only fair that if the BMW's and WIlliams were running outside the rules they be punished. However, in a sport with no fixed penalty for breaching rules we can guess the FIA ( Ferrari International Assistance) will do notheing.

Helmet Courtesy of Dangerous.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0, ASUS P5N32-SLI E
896MB nVIDIA GeForce BFG 260GTX OC, 19"SONY SDM-HS95PR
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Date: October 22, 2007 11:20AM
Posted by: Isaint
As if this season was not controversial enough already!
Very pleased to see the results unchanged as Kimi is the rightful Champion.
However the FIA have allowed some incidents to go unpunished this season whilst punishing others arbitrarily, transparency is needed for next season to avoid the kind of tainted season we've had this year.

I agree totally.

It's okay for Mclaren to appeal ..... but remember, they got found guilty of blatent theft ( cheating ). Serious enough to be fined 50 mil and have the constructors taken away. If the FIA had the balls to really adhere to the rules we would not even be having this conversation because they ( Mclaren ) would have been thrown out the Champion ship .... rules are rules .... Mclaren need to remember that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2007 11:21AM by Isaint.
Date: October 22, 2007 11:24AM
Mclaren are taking it further on the grounds of how can a team be in breach of rules but not be punished.

As I said in the past normally teams just loose points so it will make no difference.

And mclaren did get thrown out the championship but as the drivers signed something they could not be punished and there was not enough evidence that mclaren used the plans on the car. But lets not go into that.

Mclaren are not saying anything about ferrari here. Williams and bmw scored points in brazil and they should not have. As I said ferrari would do the same thing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2007 11:26AM by marcl.
Date: October 22, 2007 11:28AM
Posted by: mikef1
True, they would.
Date: October 22, 2007 11:31AM
Its not going to make any difference at all to the world championship though as the drivers will keep their points.

In the past though its been due to contaminated fuel this time its a temp thing and that can make a difference to how the car performs.

I am very supprised redbull and toyota have not said anything as I think they would gain as well if the drivers were moved around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2007 11:37AM by marcl.
Date: October 22, 2007 11:37AM
Posted by: Isaint
Its not going to make any difference at all to the world championship though as the drivers will keep their points.

I am very supprised redbull and toyota have not said anything as I think they would gain as well if the drivers were moved around.

Good point ..... this may open up a whole can of worms yet?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy