Alonso 2008??? Renault ??? possible combination???

Posted by brnco 
Re: Alonso 2008??? Renault ??? possible combination???
Date: August 06, 2007 09:11PM
Posted by: brnco
old news tukrey machine, just cannot figue out who is who.
Date: August 06, 2007 09:21PM
Posted by: Sapo
Yep Turkey Machine, and i love it. Only more head to head battle on the cicuit now, a good punch from one to the other in the first corner or so ;)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Sapo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Monil: that was not exactly my point, it was more
> the point that both things he has at McLaren, are
> not present at the Renault team in his current
> form. So there's no reason to leave.
>
> However, neither would a motivated F1 driver just
> stay for the amount of money, when he can win at
> another team. But because Alonso CAN (and did) win
> at McLaren, he should stay.

I see what you mean :)
Date: August 06, 2007 09:52PM
for the last few months Fernando's reputation is going down, and it's the only way it's going to go. And he knows that. Just remember what Alain Proist didi in exactly the same situation he went to Ferrari. Who finished 1989 season not only behind McLaren but behind Williams as well they were 3rd with 59pts. Williams had 77 and Macca 141. So at that moment it seemt to be questionable decision. And yet Proffesor nearly won the chship next year. So it not always easy to predict what the next years car would be. A the end of last year Fernando might have asked himself, what has he done when he saw that Macca finnished the season winless. And yet who could think so when they dominated (at least in speed terms 2005) And what did JPM thought throughout the 2004 when he saw what kind of truck Mclaren made for 2004. So this years car and the next years car are two very different things. Renault R26 - R27 another example. And what about ferrari 2005 - 2006. Nothing can be judged yet.
And yes I forgot did jenson knew last year what is going to happen, after he was the man who collected most points after hungarian gp???
Date: August 06, 2007 09:55PM
The main thing is that he chooses a big team, and nowadays there are not only 3-4 big teams, nowadays there are 7 big teams (all except williams, torro rosso, spyker , super aguri) so a lot to choose from
RonnyF1 Wrote:
> Im pretty sure he had better offers than Arrows
> for 97.

Yes, McLaren offered Damon a drive for 1997. He said later that he regretted not taking it up. I'm guessing it would have been Mika/Damon for 97, but I don't remember the contract situation, maybe it would have been Damon/Coulthard to mimic the 1994/5 Williams line-up.

I hope Alonso goes back to Renault to partner Kovalainen, I believe he felt more comfortable there, regardless of the Hamilton situation. I remember Alonso saying that growing up, it was his dream to drive for McLaren, and I'd suggest that this coupled with Renault's future uncertainty lured him into signing. If he does go back to Renault, it will have been a masterstroke...a year out at McLaren with a good shot at the title whilst Renault aren't doing well, then back to Renault for a hopefully good 2008 season. I think Kovalainen's done enough to confirm his seat, Fisichella may be forced out for Piquet Jnr or Alonso. Sad end to a driver who showed so much promise in the Jordan in 97 (German GP) and excellent in his Benetton years (great podiums, destroyed Button). I have no idea who'd go to McLaren, but I disagree with the opinions here of Heidfeld going there, I think he's perfectly happy at BMW and they want him to continue driving for them, they're a team on the up.
I actually think heidfeld can be champ if BMW keeps on improvin, he is under-rated in my opinion
Date: August 06, 2007 10:27PM
Posted by: chet
It would take an amazing car though...

He is very good, but still no Kimi.

And IF Alonso does go Renault, he will have another guy who is now finally looking to be mega quick.

Kovas improvement rate has been amazing this year, if Alonso goes back, it wont be all that easy imo.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
elemental Wrote:
> RonnyF1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Im pretty sure he had better offers than Arrows
> > for 97.
>
>
> Yes, McLaren offered Damon a drive for 1997. He
> said later that he regretted not taking it up. I'm
> guessing it would have been Mika/Damon for 97, but
> I don't remember the contract situation, maybe it
> would have been Damon/Coulthard to mimic the
> 1994/5 Williams line-up.
>

Thanks for saving me the effort of typing up the same thing. To clear up another point, Williams signed a contract with Frentzen in 1996 - Damon was pushed; he didn't jump. Brnco's alternate history strikes again ;)

Back on topic, i wouldn't be gobsmacked if (assuming he manages to win the title) Alonso decides to retire. He has indeed stated (more than once, i think) that he doesn't want to carry on until he is past his best. Stranger things have happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2007 12:02AM by senninho.
Hmm yeah I remember Raikkonen saying earlier in the year he may only have another 3 years tops in F1 before he retires.

"Maybe this contract at Ferrari is already my last" or something like that.

[en-gb.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2007 12:25AM by iCeMaN pAuL.
I don't remember anymore, but I think it was more like Ferrari will be my last team or something like that. So maybe he might extend the contract a couple of years, but no more than that.
senninho Wrote:
> elemental Wrote:
> -----
> > RonnyF1 Wrote:
> >
> Thanks for saving me the effort of typing up the
> same thing. To clear up another point, Williams
> signed a contract with Frentzen in 1996 - Damon
> was pushed; he didn't jump. Brnco's alternate
> history strikes again ;)

Exactly! What a load of shite about Damon running away! ;) Frank Williams had a hard on for Heinz Harald Frentzen as far back as the 1995 season. He broke off negotiations with Damon after offering Frentzen an under the table contract which he had in his pocket before Damon even started negotiating! And Hill had other options, but went with Walkinshaw for the big money, and almost won a race in that shitbox Arrows that year.

As far as Fernando, I hope he DOES leave Ron's little cluster f*ck and goes back to Renault. Even better would be a straight swap of Massa for Alonso!

On the F1 websites today there is speculation Alonso has approached Flavio about helping him break his McLaren contract for next season, as well as speculation BMW are sniffing around, though it is claimed Nick will be resigned soon to race for them.

And Ron is admitting Alonso / Hamilton is worse than Prost / Senna if you can believe that! ;)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
I can understand why Ron Dennis said it...Hamilton is british, so there is obvious support for him inside the team which is mostly british. Couple with that the fact that the British press is all over Hamilton, plus him being very young. Now you add a spanish two times world champion, who had it all easy inside Renault and expected a similar treatment from the new team, except he found a mostly hamilton based atmosphere and the dude is very fiery and emotional.

When it was Prost and Senna, neither of them were british, so the team could work indifferently to both of them. Also, McLaren had a very big advantage that year, so even if they took each other off during the race, it wouldn't matter cause they'd take it all back. Did you know McLaren holds the record of most wins in a season together with Ferrari, because of that year with Prost and Senna? They won 15 of the 16 races that season and Ferrari only managed it more than 10 years later. That's how comfortable their situation was back then.
Date: August 07, 2007 04:18AM
Posted by: RonnyF1
JPM should seriously stop going around in circles and start making some calls you know ;) man how I would love that..
Date: August 07, 2007 04:35AM
Posted by: dkpioe
i reckon alonso will still win the championship this year, stay with mclaren, and next year he will anounce hes leaving mclaren at the end of next year.
alonsos reputation hasnt really gone down after this last race... only those who hate him will add this weekend to their anti-alonso egotism. we all know now he was unfairly punished after a team error, mclaren admitted it was a team error... as a result of naughty hamiltons cockiness on track in qualifying. the result could easily have been alonso 10 points, hamilton 8 and the championship would be 68-68 all now. because of this dumb situation, and another stupid random penalty given by race stawards (probably with a word in the ear from charlie whiting) now hamilton has it much easier then alonso for the remaining races.
Charlie whiting doesnt like alonso, last year after the monza penalty, when asked about the penalty on alonso for blocking massa when he was so far infront of massa, whiting just replied "alonso broke the rules, so he has to be penalised"
i was never a fan of alonso, heck still im not, i go for kubica, but i think hes being treated a bit rough at the moment.

I hope raikonnen wins the championship, then there wont be supid arguments when the season ends about whether or not hamilton or alonso did or didnt win the championship fairly.
Date: August 07, 2007 04:49AM
Posted by: Trido
Sapo Wrote:
> And practically speaking: Alonso earns a shitload
> of money, has a race winning car, and Renault is
> not really fast atm, and they don't have the
> possibilty to pay FA a salary equal to that he
> earns now.

Didn't Alonso take a pay cut to drive for McLaren because he always wanted to drive for them?

*EDIT* Wow, there are some real boneheads in this thread. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2007 04:58AM by Trido.
Date: August 07, 2007 07:21AM
Posted by: marcl
Alonso and people keep on that lewis is being given better treatment as he is a Brit. Could it just be he is doing a better job thann alonso? How many time in a gp has lewis left the track? I just remember 1 gp and it was raining now alonso has been off in a few and lost time.

the problems at mclaren started at the 1st race when alonso felt the team should have moved lewis over.
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 07:49AM by jawwad01.
with regard to williams's Frentzen connection,

i'm sure i remember at the time, Frank actually wanted him to partner Hill for the rest of 94 after Senna's death, but then Wendlinger had his big accident in the following race weekend so Williams and Frentzen felt it wouldnt be right for him to leave the Sauber under those circumstances.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2007 10:45AM by marwood82.
Ferrari big bosses want Hamilton
Tuesday 7th August 2007

Ferrari have reportedly been told to swoop for Lewis Hamilton by their bosses Fiat.

According to the Daily Mirror, the Italian car manufacturer want their F1 team to make a £17million raid on McLaren for the young British sensation.

Hamilton once again showed off his breathtaking talent by extending his lead in the title race with victory in Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix.

But afterwards all the talk was of the rift between him and McLaren team-mate Fernando Alsono.

The Spaniard's future appears to be in doubt, but the Mirror claims it's Hamilton that could be the man being targeted for a move.

It claims Fiat are hoping Ferrari can capitalise on the internal strife at McLaren to lure Hamilton away to Maranello.

The British rookie is earning just £250,000 in his first season in Formula One, and the Italian giants would be happy to make him one of the world's highest-paid sportsmen.

Current Ferrari number one Kimi Raikkonen rakes in £22million per year, but Hamilton could even top that.

From PF1.com

Interesting, although I dont think there is any way Ron will let Lewis go!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy