Alonso 2008??? Renault ??? possible combination???

Posted by brnco 
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 07:48AM by jawwad01.
Is Starsports India a credable source, is it the equivelent to Bild? ;-)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Alonso 2008??? Renault ??? possible combination???
Date: August 07, 2007 06:10PM
Posted by: Slash
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its always been the same in every team though I
> really think people have made more out of it than
> is needed.
>
> Senna sometimes used prosts
> MS some times used RB's and Massa's
> MS used Brundles and piquet
> Mansell used Piquet.
>
> Its part of working in a team and make the car
> better, they study data.
>
> I am sure Alonso used trullis some times and same
> the other way round.
>
> A racing car driver always wants the best they
> want to win simple as that. What happened on Sat
> was very wrong Lewis should have moved over and
> Alonso should not have been shouting about his
> tyres.

let's be fair, MS never used massa's setup, and as far as i know, Michael only used RB's at one brazilian GP and One Austrian GP, whereas RB used MS all the time

DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> more stories!
>
> McLaren are reportedly so "p***ed off" with
> Fernando Alonso that they have told him he can
> leave if he wants to.
>
> Fernando Alonso is "desperate" to return to
> Renault next season, according to a source close
> to his former team.
>
> Planet f1

I still don't know why they are pissed off with fernando, i never liked Fernando but i must say i feel sorry for him and the situation he's going right now, Mclaren had both cars in front row, i still don't know why they are so pissed, and i'm starting to believe Fernando when he said they where pissed because he was 1st and Lewis 2nd..

if they want to be pissed to someone it should be their golden boy Lewis, he was the one that started the whole thing, 1st by not taking team orders "it was planned before qualy, that at this race Fernando will have the extra lap" and then complainning about what happened and even asking for the FIA to investigate, betraying his won team, the one that gave him this oportunity

Fernando behave really well, as well as Dennis, they should've kept the story that everything went wrong because Lewis didn't move and that caused the confusion, and then sort things out internally, but this guy had to oppened his ugly mouth.. Bastard!
jawwad01 Wrote:
> i just heard on the news....Ferrari has placed 34
> million offer to lewis....i dont know wether it is
> true....but heard on starsports India

Heh, I don't see why they'd want to sign him. They already have two drivers signed. Also, Alonso said at the end of 2006 that he'd never drive a Ferrari. I honestly only see Alonso going back to Renault, and I hope he does. A lot of the respect I used to have for McLaren is getting really small lately.
Date: August 07, 2007 06:47PM
Posted by: dierome
Certainly. McLaren haven't been good at handling their drivers in the last few years. Raikkonen, Montoya, Alonso; They are all great drivers but never had the best treatment there, contrary to what those drivers themselves expected when they first joined the team. I feel sorry for all of them.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2007 06:58PM by dierome.
Just read that Nelson Piquet Jr is looking at a race seat at williams for 2008. This means Alonso could replace Fisichella at Renault next season.

Date: August 07, 2007 07:40PM
Posted by: marcl
Kimi was happy there but wanted a car that finished races, so he went to ferrari and broke down twice lol mclaren yet to break down in a race this year. He was also getting stale at mclaren and needed a change.

JPM done himself no favours at all, he is meant to have lied about his accident and sort of gave up in 2006, he would have had a winning car this year had he stayed. mclaren done all they could to help him they even designed parts just for him but he was not driving well. JPM was not happy at williams either he think he is better than he is.

Alonso is just not getting the treatment he got at renault even after the 1st race he was not happy I dont think he ever wanted to go to mclaren but did not know what renault were doing. He expects no1 treatment and wanted the team to race pedro and not lewis now we know why.

Just look at the drivers that were happy at mclaren senna, brundle, blundell, mika, dc (for the most part), Prost apart from 1989.

Everyone expected alonso to beat lewis and only at the half season were people expecting lewis to start getting top 3 places. Where people who had followed lewis new he would be on it from day 1. People expected mistakes from Lewis and again why should he make them. I think Alonso got more than he wanted he does not want a great team mate he wants someone who will back him up or be able to beat with no problem. I could be wrong but I think he feels he should be getting the treatment like MS used to get at ferrari. Only 1 team will give him this and thats renault now.
I think Renault's fate is already kinda sealed. Kovalainen will race for them for sure. I think Briatore also had his mind more or less set on having Piquet too, but with a definite chance of taking back Alonso, he is waiting to see what happens. IMO, It'll be Alonso/Kovalainen at Renault and possibly Rosberg/Piquet at Williams.
Date: August 07, 2007 07:57PM
Posted by: brnco
marcl wrote: "Kimi was happy there but wanted a car that finished races, so he went to ferrari and broke down twice lol mclaren yet to break down in a race this year. He was also getting stale at mclaren and needed a change."

and surely Kimi had nothing to do with all that (breakdowns) BS, Few examples and its only the 2005 season; Imola: He ran over the kerbs, while theam explicitly told him not to do so. Nurnburgring: They called him in for a tyre change, but he just wouldn't listen. Magny Cours: They told him to back off, but he reved it reportedly at 20.000 rpm and blew the engine, ...so pretty much explains what it was. He Is a car breaker. These are facts, and btw MS first engine fault in the in over a 7 yrs came at Suzuka last year. And even Rubenses Ferrari didn't brake up, as Kimi's breaking. And BTW Monaco 2007??? Nurnburgring 2007??? What kind of a driver makes these mistakes. He is not using his brains that my conclusion, he is fast, maybie fastest driver of them all, but he is dumb, and thats the FACT.
Date: August 07, 2007 07:58PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
[www.itv-f1.com]

Apparently Ron has told Alonso that he is "free to leave" Mclaren at the end of 2007. If was just speculation before, it isn't now. Extraordinary.

Personally I think he should go to BMW to partener Kubica, and then Nick can join Mclaren. I think it's high time that Massa was replaced at Ferrari, he can only win when there is no competition. Stick Piquet in there instead..
I dont really see how you can say thats fact at all. You have picked but three examples of Raikkonens unreliability, I've never heard the story about Mclaren telling him to pit at the Nurburgring, and you said yourself that he 'reportedly' revved it at 20,000 RPM, then go on to say it as fact. I'm not a fan of Kimi at all, but I feel your being rather unfair on him, and we had a whole thread on this a while ago anyway.

marcl Wrote:
I think Alonso got more than
> he wanted he does not want a great team mate he
> wants someone who will back him up or be able to
> beat with no problem. I could be wrong but I
> think he feels he should be getting the treatment
> like MS used to get at ferrari. Only 1 team will
> give him this and thats renault now.

How do you know that? Do you read minds or something? What he says is he doesnt want to be treated in an inferior way than the other driver. It began when his manager and girlfriend had to go from the McLaren pit to the Renault pit... After the Monaco affair and the pression from english press, both drivers should go out with the same amount of fuel... At least when Ferrari began to get better, this stupid 'rule' dissapeared. Meanwhile Hamilton has got the extra lap in qualy in many circuits. Finally, Hamilton desobeys the team, and doesnt let Alonso to get the extra lap.

I remind you that when Alonso signed for McLaren, there were 2 of the best drivers there, Raikkonen and Montoya, so he had no fear of fighting any of them.
Date: August 07, 2007 08:04PM
Yeah, I know it is off topic. sorry
Date: August 07, 2007 08:06PM
Posted by: Nickv
brnco schreef:
> Nurnburgring: They called him in for a tyre
> change, but he just wouldn't listen.

He was in the lead, it was either winning or zero points, so he had every right to take that risk.

Magny Cours:
> They told him to back off, but he reved it
> reportedly at 20.000 rpm and blew the engine,
> ...so pretty much explains what it was. He Is a
> car breaker. These are facts, and btw MS first
> engine fault in the in over a 7 yrs came at Suzuka
> last year. And even Rubenses Ferrari didn't brake
> up, as Kimi's breaking.

Don't you think the Mercedes engine and the Ferrari engines are totally different engines with totally different weaknesses?

>And BTW Monaco 2007???

So what did he do there?

> Nurnburgring 2007???

He had hydraulical problems, you can hardly blame him for that.

What kind of a driver makes
> these mistakes. He is not using his brains that my
> conclusion, he is fast, maybie fastest driver of
> them all, but he is dumb, and thats the FACT.

You aren't using your brains either, maybe you should before posting, so you don't post that kind of BS again...
Date: August 07, 2007 08:11PM
just listen tothis guy nickv, he asked himself: "what did he(Kimi) do there(Monaco 2007), so If anyone knows the answer to this question, please post it so that nickv can read it , because I won't do that, because unfortunately I lost my credibility
brnco Wrote:
> and surely Kimi had nothing to do with all that
> (breakdowns) BS, Few examples and its only the
> 2005 season; Imola: He ran over the kerbs, while
> theam explicitly told him not to do so.
> change, but he just wouldn't listen. Magny Cours:
> up, as Kimi's breaking. And BTW Monaco 2007???
> Nurnburgring 2007??? What kind of a driver makes

Imola 2005: Kimi had a driveshaft failure on lap 9. Hardly his fault.

Europe 2005: Kimi wanted to change the tire, but the team was afraid of a penalty, as the rules for changing tires were still a bit fuzzy at the time for that year, so they decided to risk it instead of trying and getting a penalty.

France 2005: Kimi had an engine failure, yes, but the Mercedes engine was failing all the time. He did an amazing race and finished 2nd after starting 13th only 11 seconds behind Alonso where the Spanish driver had arguably the best car of the weekend.

So where's the wrong stuff he did?

And at Nurburgring this year he could've won the race had the car not failed. As for Monaco, 1 mistake is bound to happen sometimes. Alonso has had them, Massa has had them, Schumacher has and a load of other drivers as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2007 08:19PM by Joe_Satriani.
brnco Wrote:
> Imola: He ran over the kerbs, while

LMAO!!! Everyone knows that to get around Imola fast you must be in a car that can ride the kerbs well, therefore it's up to the guys who build the car to provide the driver with a car that can run the kerbs.

I can't imagine someone saying: "Please don't use the kerbs here kimi, despite the fact this is probably the most important track of the year for using them."

You're turning into a little bit of a penis, brnco.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: August 07, 2007 08:25PM
Posted by: tripleM
brnco = Peter Windsor

?

brnco Wrote:
> marcl wrote: "Kimi was happy there but wanted a
> car that finished races, so he went to ferrari and
> broke down twice lol mclaren yet to break down in
> a race this year. He was also getting stale at
> mclaren and needed a change."
>
>

About Imola, a lot of people already told you what happened, the same for Nurburgring 2005, and in France, he had a new spec unit, which failed in its first lap on Friday practice. How the hell do you know or can you even assume that he was rewwing it to the 20000rpm, when V10 engines didn`t reach 20000RPM not even on the dyno?!?

He made a small mistake in quali in Monaco, and because of the characteristichs of that thrack he payed for it darely. Wtf are you trying to say for this years Nurburgring? Man, get your acts together before you post...

Date: August 07, 2007 09:05PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
brnco Wrote:
> marcl wrote: "Kimi was happy there but wanted a
> car that finished races, so he went to ferrari and
> broke down twice lol mclaren yet to break down in
> a race this year. He was also getting stale at
> mclaren and needed a change."
>
>

You're the only person here who is dumb. Seriously, what's your game?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy