theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Re: Italian GP - Monza - Official Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: September 10, 2006 07:38PM
Posted by: tripleM
Date: September 10, 2006 07:38PM
Posted by: mikef1
Alonso should take a leaf out of Kimi's book on being hard done by and keeping cool.
Date: September 10, 2006 07:50PM
Posted by: MrMan
Its not just Alonso who feels this way, a few other drivers felt that the decision was dodgy. They haven't been as forthright with their opinions as Alonso, but they have voiced them. So they should surely be punished to a lesser extent if Alonso does.

I was impressed with Kubica. I know others have done the same, but he has looked fast since he was third driver. Wonder if there is any truth in the whole Red Bull loaning him to BMW for two years?

Date: September 10, 2006 07:52PM
Posted by: Muks_C
after the race, was James Allen saying that Kubica could get into McLaren?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 10, 2006 07:55PM
Posted by: matt3454
Alonso was blantantly being held up by Massa and Kubica, and being in their hot, dirty air forced him to retire.

Congrats to Schumi retiring, ild hate to see him win another championship next year ;)

Date: September 10, 2006 08:12PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
tripleM Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
>
>
> That's why.

For having the balls to speak out agaisnt a decsion which was blatently wrong. Good answer.

"Formula 1 is no longer a sport"

A damming line, said twice by the current world champion, and championship leader.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 10, 2006 08:13PM
Posted by: marcl
i think alonso and some other renault people will be called before the fia that wont be the end of it, he will either be fined or banned even banned from a race.
Date: September 10, 2006 08:18PM
"For having the balls to speak out agaisnt a decsion which was blatently wrong. Good answer."

Well, ya. Speaking out against the FIA is not a good idea. Speaking out in this manner is a very bad idea.

Date: September 10, 2006 08:21PM
What manner? Sayng what millions of others are thinking?

Shall we bring the entire paddock up agaisnt the FIA and have them all ejected from the sport? Because every single person ITV interviewed was in complete disbelief at what happened, and reading other forums and speaking to other people around the world, i know it was very much the case with those TV stations too. Can they all be wrong? Or is it possile the Stewards/FIA have made a mistake but are not man enough to admit to it, but instead will throw the book at anyone who has the balls to speak out agaisnt it.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 10, 2006 08:25PM
When did the entire paddock say that the championship is fixed.

Link?

Quote?

Date: September 10, 2006 08:27PM
Posted by: mikef1
Most drivers apparently agree according to Mark Webber and various others have said similar things. I don't see anything wrong in what Alonso has said but he is a targeted man now.
Date: September 10, 2006 08:31PM
Date: September 10, 2006 06:25PM
Posted by: tripleM (IP Logged)

When did the entire paddock say that the championship is fixed.

Mark Webber, Jackie Stewart, Mark Blundell, Martin Brundle, Keke Rosberg off the top of my head had interviews where they stated this is blatent bias from the FIA. I havent yet heard 1 interview from anyone outside of Ferrari which agrees with the decsion.

I could go find more quotes and stuff from TV, radio and website interviews, but tbh, im kinda busy and cba finding the stuff which is readily avliable on forums and websites around the world.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 10, 2006 08:37PM
Posted by: requenov
Did you see the Renault pit crew lap top with this?

Date: September 10, 2006 08:45PM
Posted by: Vader
mikef1 Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> My feeling is that he wanted to stay in Ferrari with
> Massa in 2007 but Luca Di Montezemolo obviously saw differently.

I disagree.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: September 10, 2006 08:53PM
Posted by: Morbid
TBH, I find the tone, both from Alonso and from people in this thread to be hysterical.

If Alonso really thinks F1 is not a sport anymore, he can only do one thing, and that is leave. I don't see him doing that, so IMHO his statements are bringing the sport into disrupte, and they stink of sour grapes.

Let us not forget that the strict enforcement of Qual blocking was championed by none other than Renault, and that Alonso himself regularly waves both hands and fists against lappers 400 meters in front of him. He even made several cars move over and abort their own qually laps at Monza, on his own in-lap.

While I don't root for M$, I can't help think this is poetic justice.

Futhermore, even IF the verdict was wrong (which I am 50/50 on), it made ZERO difference, since Renault couldn't get the car to the finish line anyway.

Lastly, but not least, while Heidfeld was holding Alonso back during the race, he was pulled in for a penalty. A baised FIA wouldn't do that. Also, there where several instances during the race, where a harsh group of stewards could have punished Alonso if they wanted to... However they didn't. Great conspiracy *rolleyes*.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2006 08:56PM by Morbid.
Date: September 10, 2006 09:00PM
Posted by: Nerrazurri
Ha Ha Ha, get it up that spanish pr1k. Hope he gets disiplined for his comments. What goes around comes around in sport. Did't hear him complaining about not getting a penalty for cutting the chicane, or in barcelona when i think it was montoya was beached on the kerb in a dangerous posistion. Its not ferraris fault the fia has lost control of this season, ferrari are asking questions to the fia and they are buckling under the presure of trying to show they are the ones in control.

Not being sarcastic why was alonso able to go quicker when he and kubic were side by side in the pits, better driving or just the speed the teams set there pit limiters

Edit agree with morbids post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2006 09:05PM by Nerrazurri.
Date: September 10, 2006 09:08PM
Ha Ha Ha, get it up that spanish pr1k.

I stopped reading at this point.

I firmly belive that one must past an intelligences test before being allowed to post on forums, in order to stop this.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 10, 2006 09:10PM
Posted by: watercolours
We don't want that lucky big mouth alonso in McLaren. I am terribly terribly sorry to see Kimi leave though I knew it for months. He should have stayed at McLaren, Schumi have stayed at Ferrari. And kimi should have been world champion by defeating him and Alonso.
I am so sorry, but I won't favor Ferrari in no means, and neither Alonso.
For the teams I stay with McLaren, for the pilots I leave with Kimi.
Date: September 10, 2006 09:10PM
Posted by: matt3454
The FIA only let his chicane cut go because they let Schumacher in Hungary. And Alonso obviously must of had shorter gear ratio's/ quicker acceleration, theres alot of factors that determine how fast you can accelerate

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy