Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: September 19, 2009 09:08AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Your power unit is buggered. That was one of the issues I had. Even when I had a brand new Xbox, when the light on the power brick isn't on, it's done. Try changing the fuse first. If that doesn't work, phone Microsoft (the online system only allows for the console itself, not the other parts, to be sent back) and explain the power cord and power adapter have broken and need replaced.

If the console is RRoDing, then you'll have to send that back via the online system. It works pretty well (if you don't have a console that was originally owned by Rockstar like I did...) and it's easy and free.

If the noise you heard was the fan giving up, then it is almost certainly dead. The RRoD is caused by overheating and the soldering giving up, losing the connection and the console dying. If you got 1, 2 or 4 red lights then it might be repairable, or even come alive again with a new cable. If it's 3, send it back.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 22, 2009 01:29PM
Posted by: micky-cannonball
Damn! Can't wait for Uncharted 2!!

Date: September 25, 2009 12:11PM
Posted by: kaid
Has anyone already tried the forza 3 demo? I played it yesterday, it looks and feels good but i am not that really impressed tbh. But i am gonna buy it for sure it's definitely a improvement over forza 2.

Date: September 26, 2009 08:16PM
Posted by: kubica2
forza 3 demo, i just played it, to me it seems like a bit copy of Gran Turisom 5 on ps3, but a good copy at that, as the physics are quite nice but, and they feel very similar to GT5 prologue, In terms of graphics, it looks similar level to GT5 also, but i think they overdid the shine on some cars, and the replays still dont look as good as GT5 prologue.
Is there more then 1 level in the demo?? i can only play 1, and its a shame you cant race more.
My initial feeling from the demo is it is a heap better then Forza 2, but not better than GT5 prologue. If i was to buy the full version of either game id go for GT5, and GT5 will have more cars..
Date: September 27, 2009 02:11AM
Posted by: ralv585
the demo is really nice, good selection of cars and it drives well.

gt5 prologue is still way ahead in the graphics department, and it plays better too.

i might pick it up, but i'm only really looking forward to gt5, that will e=be incredible in prologue is anything to go by.

forza 3 feels a little soulless, like its just been put together to compete with gt, where gt is all about love for the cars.

its still a good game

Date: September 27, 2009 12:59PM
Posted by: Covfan
Forza 3 souless?

It has more soul in it's loading screens than GT5P has in the whole game.
Date: September 28, 2009 03:19AM
Posted by: smorr
Yes, it was my power unit. Picked up a new one, gotta get around to calling them about sending the old one in. Worse come worse I have a fancy paperweight, or I have a spare power unit. Not worried about that.

My first instincts of the Forza 3 demo is that it is a force to be reckoned with now, as in they are making a big push this time around. It drove quite well honestly, little bit to insensitive on the controls, but, I'm sure you can change that. Cockpit view is nice, very nice. Some say it doesn't look as good as Shift in that department, well, Forza's pits are functional and correct.

The smoothness I was astounded by. They said 30 FPS, but honestly, whatever they did, this thing is as smooth as glass.

They also did a good job picking content for the demo - while I probably wont buy any of those cars in the game (Cept likely an RSR), they all drive differently, plus a neat little track.

Sounds were a bit disappointing. Not horrible, but, by no means spectacular.

I'm impressed. Of course it's created to beat GT (We'll see about that.... Not looking good, but atleast Forza will come out ;)). I can't wait now. Defo was a big +1 for that game on my end.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: September 28, 2009 02:33PM
Posted by: Pluis
Covfan schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Forza 3 souless?
>
> It has more soul in it's loading screens than GT5P
> has in the whole game.

Prologue was a let down, i hope the new one will be better, otherwise Forza will swoop GT away
Date: October 01, 2009 03:00AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Any US PS3 owners find it that some demos aren't available on the PS Store? Apparently PES 2010 has been out but it's impossible to find it!
Date: October 01, 2009 10:33AM
Posted by: IWE
Atleast I know the store is just s*it since they changed style of it. Worked much better before.

And about Forza3 demo.. Doesnt happeen too often that console game is more driveable from cockpit view than from external views. Graphically game is maybe not exactly like GT5, but handling was really nice.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: October 14, 2009 08:37PM
Did anyone else buy Uncharted 2? It's not truly my kind of game but, like with MGS4, I gave it a chance. I have to say it's quite entertaining and amazingly solid and good all around! :o Multiplayer is fun and it's not frustrating like Gears of War. It still amazes me how good the voice acting and Nathan Drake's smoothness of motion are!
Date: October 14, 2009 10:36PM
Posted by: JustinZiarko
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have to say it's quite entertaining and
> amazingly solid and good all around! :o

That's exactly where I had issues with Uncharted 2, I can see it's amazingly put together etc, but it didn't feel that spectacular to me. Maybe shooting stuff up doesn't do it for me anymore ;)
Date: October 15, 2009 01:37AM
Posted by: Covfan
Hopefully Uncharted 2 doesn't go down the same storyline route as Uncharted 1, made it completely stupid.
Date: October 19, 2009 02:29AM
Covfan, from what I've extensively read about Uncharted, Uncharted 2 is quite different, without the annoyances. To me it has a great story, it's funny, well made and with great attention to detail. The tracks in the snow, the wet clothes/skin after going in the water... they really made this game with care!

I still have to play multiplayer, I only played once in the full game and about 3 times on the demo before it was out.

Edit: even my girlfriend really enjoyed watching it as I played, now she's trying it herself ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 03:11AM by Guimengo.
Date: November 04, 2009 06:05PM
Posted by: superchargednut
I'm thinking I quite fancy a PS3. Are there any good deals about, or likely to be soon in time for Christmas?

Date: November 04, 2009 06:38PM
I believe in the UK you get a few bundle choices for the 120gb and the 250gb version, though you probably won't be saving more than 10-20 pounds. Also, get a headset! It can be surprisingly fun, Marc, it works great with co-op games :D.
Date: November 04, 2009 07:35PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
how much do you usually pay for console and games in your country?
i just want to know because here in Brazil it's a freakin' robbery...

XBOX 360 60GB: R$1800 (US$1038 - €699... but then again... we get paid in R$ not US$ nor €)
XBOX 360 games: between R$160 and R$230
PS3 80GB: R$1400
PS3 games: between R$199 and R$250

-------------------------------------------
Date: November 04, 2009 08:00PM
NeoLiot, I remember when N64 games averaged R$125-150, and when PC games went from R$65 (used to be this for many years) to R$99 all of a sudden, around 1998-1999.

In the US, 360/PS3 games are US$59,99 at stores but you can find for $52.99-56.99 online (Amazon always being the best). Sometimes they go on promotion and sell for US$49.99, and only come down more after perhaps 6-8 months. PS3 and XBox 360 cost US$299 at their top model, however the PS3 is more value for the money at that price. I don't talk about the Wii as it doesn't matter ;).

In the UK I think PS3/360games can range from $25 pounds to 45, most games being in that 30-40 bracket (a big new title may be 29.95 while another may be 36.95), and consoles are maybe 249 pounds and up. Rest of Europe I don't know.

Edit: I know a lot of Brazilians buy from Amazon to be shipped there, as well as [www.shopto.net] which is a UK site but has a TON of Brazilians importing from it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2009 08:02PM by Guimengo.
Date: November 05, 2009 12:50AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
One of me housemates got a PS3 today from Gamestation for £300 with Fifa 2010, Killzone 2 & Rathchet & Clank

Not a bad deal tbh and good seeing his PS2 had dies a few days back

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: November 05, 2009 01:46AM
Posted by: sasjag
I got a PS3 yesterday from Asda. Cost £280 for the console, Colin Mcrae Dirt 2 and 2 BluRay DVD's

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy