Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: November 17, 2005 01:44PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I've just noticed this on Currys website

"Due to short supply we are now unable to guarantee pre-Christmas delivery of new orders for this item."

Now that message was not there when I ordered.... I haven't recieved any emails off them to indicate that I may not recieve my order... Hence I expect it should turn up on the day :)

Also whats Perfect Dark Zero supposed to be like? :| is it worth getting?

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: November 17, 2005 01:44PM
/edit/ woops double post :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2005 01:46PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: November 17, 2005 06:26PM
Posted by: Covfan
PDZ is meant ot be very good, but Rare and Microsoft seem to be holding off giving out review copies (Think of that as you will)
Date: November 18, 2005 02:31AM
Posted by: Karan19
Xbox 360 review on Anandtech

[www.anandtech.com]
Date: November 18, 2005 07:14AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Last time I saw Perfect Dark Zero it looked childish, hope that's been changed. But didn't Microsoft only buy the name Rare, basically, since the people who were part of GoldenEye, Banjo Kazooie and Perfect Dark, all left ?
Date: November 18, 2005 01:19PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Did they? If so, that would explain if/ why rare have apparently gone crap? :S I wanted conkers bad fur day sequel for gamecube as well, but it was never to be :-/

H E L L O
Date: November 19, 2005 12:14AM
Posted by: madotter
We have an Xbox 360 now, and tbh its not that great. Ive played it almost everyday (on COD2, King Kong, Kameo + others) the graphics imo arnt that much better than the normal Xbox and my PC runs COD2 better than the 360. Think im gonna get my preorder refunded.
Date: November 19, 2005 03:56AM
As far as I know, only if you have a HDTV you can really enjoy the graphics. I watched the review for NBA 2k6 on the X360 and the guy kept saying that unless you had HDTV then it was just better to get the XBox or PS2 version instead.
Date: November 19, 2005 04:01AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
I thought the xbox 360 wasnt out yet? :S

H E L L O
Date: November 19, 2005 04:25AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
madotter how can you expect the first batch of games to be any good? You have to give it awhile for developers to exploit all of the 360s features.

I had a look at a PGR3 video and it looked pretty damn good. Finally a cockpit on a console racing game.
Date: November 19, 2005 04:36AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
PGR 3 Car list looks aweosme as well:
[vgstrategies.about.com]
Date: November 19, 2005 07:55AM
I didn't like how the cars looked in Project Gotham 3, at least from the preview videos released, the cars don't look that stunning with a close-up.

Anyways, play NBA 2k6 Iain!
Date: November 19, 2005 09:31PM
i was impressed by the fact that it had pretty realistic looking cockpits. especially the Skyline R34's looks almost like the real thing. You hardly ever get such great looking cockpits in a console game.
Date: November 19, 2005 10:10PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Oh, look at that external power suply! It's huge! And have I read righ, is the Xbox 360 released there in North America? Or where do you live madotter?
Date: November 19, 2005 10:31PM
Posted by: JustinZiarko
North American release is next Tuesday, chances are most places both in the US and Europe are getting there display/review units.
Date: November 20, 2005 10:43PM
Posted by: madotter
I was only telling you what ive seen. As i said, since weve had the 360 in. I havnt been THAT impressed but im not saying that its rubbish. Obviously the games will get better and better but its being launched as the next gen console and imo at the moment its not.

Even the prealpha releases of the PS3 look 10 million times better than some final version games for the 360, but only time will tell.
Date: November 21, 2005 12:54AM
yeah I was little disappointed looking at the screenshots of COD2 and NFSMW. PGR looked somewhat ok. I guess the fact that it got so over-hyped makes it seem less impressive now. But I'm sure when devs at Microsoft get together and put Forza 2 together it'll seem a lot more impressive.
Date: November 22, 2005 08:19PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
madotter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Even the prealpha releases of the PS3 look 10
> million times better than some final version games
> for the 360, but only time will tell.
>

I don't believe some f these PS3 "in game footage" - I bet its all pre rendered crap. They'll be identical in real terms, I'd put money on it. In fact, imo the ps3 is in trouble. The cpu alone is costing 150 dollars a pop to make :|

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: November 22, 2005 08:57PM
I've yet to see a PS3 game which isn't a CGI

Date: November 23, 2005 05:15AM
-qwerty- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't believe some f these PS3 "in game
> footage" - I bet its all pre rendered crap.
> They'll be identical in real terms, I'd put money
> on it. In fact, imo the ps3 is in trouble. The cpu
> alone is costing 150 dollars a pop to make :|
>

maybe thats the unit price. but that number comes down dramatically when its mass-machined ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy