Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: November 29, 2005 10:18PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Well...I am still unsure about burned xbox 1 games (backups) emulation on that new box. Is it possible? And what about we who have just a regular TV (not HDTV)? Is the 360 going to suck badly in our TVs? What about the modchips? Should I still wait for a bit before buying? Lots of questions there. :)
Date: November 29, 2005 10:31PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Why don't I believe you when you say "backups"? ;)

The 360 will work on a normal tv, but it won't look *that* much better than the curret xbox. You have to remember that a normal tv has a very low screen res, while HDTVs have far beter resolutions, so will look much better.

Its still worth getting an xbox360 - 90% of people buying one imo wont have an hdtv.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: November 29, 2005 10:44PM
Posted by: Guimengo
remember to not really buy X360 games right away, so many of them are poorly made versions of their XBox counterpart - FIFA 06: Road to World Cup (you only get to qualify your team to the World Cup, you don't get to play it), Madden 06 for example, both made from scratch and lacking A LOT.
Date: November 29, 2005 10:54PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Yeah I noticed that Gui just in time, it quickly got cancelled and replaced with Perfect Dark Zero on my list ^_^

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: November 29, 2005 11:10PM
But in the other hand, those HDTV's prices come down quite quickly at the moment.
Date: November 30, 2005 06:20PM
Posted by: Covfan
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> remember to not really buy X360 games right away,
> so many of them are poorly made versions of their
> XBox counterpart - FIFA 06: Road to World Cup (you
> only get to qualify your team to the World Cup,
> you don't get to play it), Madden 06 for example,
> both made from scratch and lacking A LOT.
>
Notice what you listed were Ea Sports games, nuff said

Date: November 30, 2005 06:27PM
Just got a confirmation email today from currys that its been processed, and the money has magically disappeared from my bank account, so it looks like I'm getting mine on December 2nd :D

I really am kicking myself atm that I cancelled my accidental 2nd order >_< I pre-ordered 2 by mistake and cancelled it, DAMN!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2005 07:18PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: December 01, 2005 02:18PM
What do you think, what that 360 could cost after the Christmas or when PS3 comes? I have though if I will buy it just then? I have enough money to get it now that's for sure but I have always been pretty stingy :)
Date: December 01, 2005 02:40PM
Theoretically it could be half the price of the ps3 when it is released (the ps3 released) - but in reality they won't make it half the price because they are competition, and if it isnt of a similar price to the ps3 some people will see the ps3 as better.

That said, the 360 WILL be cheaper than the ps3 at launch in any case.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: December 01, 2005 03:15PM
woohoo! just got word its been dispatched :) by DHL :/

Now I've heard from my good chum Neil Pearson that DHL are shockingly bad, Ian bets its going back!

Date: December 01, 2005 03:17PM
Posted by: matthewp
Can you plug the 360 into an LCD monitor? got a VGA and DVI connection.

Date: December 01, 2005 03:23PM
Yep you have to get the relevant cables tho, think I have a VGA cable on order :)

Date: December 01, 2005 03:29PM
Will it then run at anywhere near the quality you'll get with a HDTV? because the prices are totally outragous.

Date: December 01, 2005 03:50PM
Yeah it will.

Remember HDTV is just TV with a higher resolution, afaik. So your 17" LCD monitor will defo be of a high enough resolution to make it HD :) Its just not going to be on a huge screen is all.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: December 01, 2005 04:17PM
Cool, it working on my monitor is probably enough to seal the deal :) wont get one till January though, maybe even later as looking at the reviews for the launch titles, a lot of them are pretty mediocre, EAs offerings in particular seem to be almost universaly crap.

Date: December 01, 2005 06:23PM
Posted by: chet
played xbox.

wasnt amazed at all tbfh. lol.

overhyped imho... gfx were good but i expected better.. probabluy because i was taken in by the rendered videos lol but yeaa obviously nowhere near PC standard.

Im not gonna pay £500-700 to get an xbox.. when i get my PC to look better for half the price.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 01, 2005 06:28PM
Im not gonna pay £500-700 to get an xbox.. when i get my PC to look better for half the price.

WTF are you on about? its £290 for an xbox 360, i'd like to see you find a PC of similar power for that price. For the hardware you get, its amazing value especially when you consider you'll be using it for the latest games in 4 years (and the graphics will be getting better all the time, compare halo to halo 2)
I love PC gaming, more so than consoles but the amount of money you have to spend to continue playing the latest games is rediculous.

Date: December 01, 2005 06:33PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
WTF are you on about? its £290 for an xbox 360, i'd like to see you find a PC of similar power for that price.

Tbh, if hes posting here he already has a PC, so has saved himself alot of cash already, so the £290 can go to an upgrade and you can get a pretty uber CPU/mobo/gfx card upgrade for that price :)

As for Preorders, theres alot of people who pre-ordered from Argos who are confident of getting theres tomorrow. I'll tell you right now, 99% of them wont be. Consoles were recalled just this week and new ones dispatched, and even the new ones arent free of all the documented problems

Microsoft could be looking at a major problem soon.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 01, 2005 06:38PM
Posted by: chet
matthewp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im not gonna pay £500-700 to get an xbox.. when i
> get my PC to look better for half the price.
>
>
> WTF are you on about? its £290 for an xbox 360,
> i'd like to see you find a PC of similar power for
> that price. For the hardware you get, its amazing
> value especially when you consider you'll be using
> it for the latest games in 4 years (and the
> graphics will be getting better all the time,
> compare halo to halo 2)
> I love PC gaming, more so than consoles but the
> amount of money you have to spend to continue
> playing the latest games is rediculous.
>
>
>

went into game today and they sed the cheapest was £330 with just the xbox with apparently no hard-drive and 1 controler :\

i didnt think it was rite.. but.. i guess they no more than me.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 01, 2005 06:39PM
You could get one of a CPU/GFX card for that price, but the rest of you're system would slow it down, and in a year or so you'll be wanting a new one again.

If I use a monitor the only problem is sound so I guess i'll have to get a speaker system ;) Anyone recomend some? (fairly cheap ones)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy