Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: November 25, 2005 08:49AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I feel like ytou're trying to put me into a "xbox360 supporter" caregory, for the sake of argument since you like the ps3 so much.

I don't "like" either any more than the other. The xbox is losing money, obviously. The original ps2 and xbox did the same. The point I was trying to make earlier was that the ps3, from current reports, is much more expensiveto build. So yes, microsoft are taking a hit with every console sold, but sony have to price their offering nearby price-wise, and if its more expensive to produce now, then their hit will be worse still.

And I don't know if you've seen many recent financial reports, but Sony aren't in the position microsoft are in, they're in dangerous waters financially, so they can't afford to lose too much in the short term.

I would also argue the main reason the ps2 has more titles than xbox is because it had been aroud a long time already. Besides which we know the 360 has better developer tools at this date.

I just want to see 2 great consoles duke it out at the same price point, no fanboyism here.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: November 25, 2005 10:20AM
Posted by: Covfan
At least Microsoft are offering to solve these problems, rather than calling them a "feature".
Date: November 25, 2005 10:56AM
Posted by: marcl
the 360 is just like xp full of bug lol just like the orig xbox where u were lucky to have the dvd drive working after 7 months

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2005 12:05PM by marcl.
Date: November 25, 2005 11:21AM
I must have been one of the "Kucky" ones then.
Date: November 25, 2005 11:29AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the 360 is just like xp full of bug lol just like
> the orig xbox where u were kucky to have the dvd
> drive working after 7 months

I thought it was playstation 2's with its constant failing lenses o_O

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: November 25, 2005 12:05PM
i had both never had 1 problem with me ps2 still got the orig but the xbox always hung and dvd gave up after 7 months and i never really used it hated it and wish i never bought it. Out of 6 people i know that got an xbox 4 have had to replace the dvd drive.

I still use the ps2 i will probably get the ps3 but now prefer pc games

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2005 04:24PM by marcl.
Date: November 25, 2005 12:08PM
The only problem I've ever had with the Xbox was going through 10 controllers, It's a shame they don't make the controllers dog-proof.
Date: November 25, 2005 02:50PM
Posted by: kaid
PLAYSTATION 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: November 25, 2005 05:07PM
Posted by: Karan19
-qwerty- Wrote:
> I feel like ytou're trying to put me into a
> "xbox360 supporter" caregory, for the sake of
> argument since you like the ps3 so much.

well i dont "like the ps3 so much" sicne it hasnt even come out yet. i dont even remember what it looks like :P ;)

> I would also argue the main reason the ps2 has
> more titles than xbox is because it had been aroud
> a long time already.

well you could be right there however i always thought it was more to do with contract issues. Sony has locked down many of the big name developer's into long term contracts to produce games exclusively for their consoles. And I dont see why that will change with this generation of consoles. Big games like MGS,GT are examples, but then you always have exceptions like the GTA series,so it'll be interesting.

Date: November 25, 2005 05:44PM
the only advantage the xbox will have is its 100% networking with windows u can stream songs and movies from your pc and show pics.

I dont think the ps3 can do that?

But picture quality and the sound is meant to be better on the ps3
Date: November 25, 2005 05:57PM
the only advantage the xbox will have is its 100% networking with windows u can stream songs and movies from your pc and show pics.

Yeah its a Media Center Extender too, so if you have a MCE PC, you can stream Live TV too :)

What i'll probably do, is buy the Xbox 360, wait till around December 12th (if it turns up by then!) sell it off on ebay for hopefully a nice packet! (as long as Microsoft don't sort the problem before christmas!) then buy the unit again in January sometime when it should be cheaper :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2005 05:57PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: November 25, 2005 06:17PM
thing is the xbox will be plugged into a tv so there is no need to stream tv lol
Date: November 25, 2005 06:53PM
marcl Wrote:
> the only advantage the xbox will have is its 100%
> networking with windows u can stream songs and
> movies from your pc and show pics.
>
> I dont think the ps3 can do that?
>
> But picture quality and the sound is meant to be
> better on the ps3

couldnt you do that through the Ps3's usb ports? Ok maybe not stream the songs/videos but it should still be possible I would think.

Date: November 25, 2005 07:43PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
so arguments in this thread are just blatant fanboyism **cough** marcl, karan **cough** ;)
Date: November 25, 2005 11:00PM
well excuse me for posting an article which happens to be on just about any technology related site ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2005 12:56AM by Karan19.
Date: November 26, 2005 02:55AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Companies always incur a loss with console sales, they just make up for it with royalties from games and accessories :). And Sony only has this massive base thanks to Final Fantasy VII! It established the system and made it become a cult in Japan, where people rather buy what they know than try anything new/foreign (erm... Dreamcast anyone?). And on reliability, both PSX and PS2 had problems with the laser canon, PS2 not as much though, and my former roommate had his XBox locking up every so often, was annoying when we'd play NFL 2k5 and I'd break a lot of records and have the damn thing freeze over and over again :\
Date: November 26, 2005 03:55AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
So GT and MGS did nothing for the PS?
Date: November 27, 2005 08:14AM
Posted by: Guimengo
well I don't think they increased sales to 4.5 million units ;)
Date: November 28, 2005 04:41PM
December the 2nd is Nearly here! :D

The retards over at ebay are paying over £500 just for the xbox unit! If they are still going for that price at december 12th, I'm listing mine on ebay and just waiting for January so I can get one in the January sales :D

Date: November 28, 2005 06:14PM
yeah easy way to make a few bucks :) people were standing in long lines just to buy it at retail price and then to come home and put it up on ebay right away.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy