Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?
Date: October 12, 2005 07:54PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
If I get anything it'll probably be that crazy nintendo thing that you can either use the crazy movement remote control with or fit a pad shell to it and play as normal, or use a gc pad :D Sounds the most interesting anyway.

H E L L O
Date: October 12, 2005 08:37PM
Posted by: matthewp
it is interesting, problem for me is that only revolution only games are going to support it properly, I cant see many developers of multi-platform games making much effort with it.

Date: October 12, 2005 09:04PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I'll have to get the Revolution (anyone said Zelda?;)), but between X360 and PS3, I have to say PS3. The Xbox tries to have too much... you know, there's a computer to do those other things. Just imagine the size of the thing as well. I think the PS3 will actually be more affordable, the X360 will come in "bundles" in many cases, costing from $450-499, but I think the console itself may come to $350-399.

Anyways, Ian, buy the PS3 when it comes out ;)
Date: October 12, 2005 10:44PM
Oh, my prices are in US dollars :P
Date: October 12, 2005 10:46PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
if the PS3 is cheaper than the Xbox 360, then England will win the world cup ;) just ain't gonna happen :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: October 12, 2005 11:28PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
True. I feel a little sorry ofr these companies - these units must cost a shedload more to make than the ps2 / xbox era ones, and they made a loss on those, though sony now make a profit on the ps2 I believe :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: October 12, 2005 11:28PM
Yeah the ps3s gonna be a lot more expensive than the 360, and as far as size, well have you actually seen it!? Its not large at all, almost the same as the ps3, just looked at a dimensions sheet its slightly shorter and slightly wider than the ps3, but they're very close.

Date: October 12, 2005 11:50PM
Posted by: fisico04
ill get a ps3 cos then i can link my psp to it, via the memory stick so i can play my games on the move, which is pretty cool.

---------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------

Its Time For Some Old-Skool GP4 Fun Again

---------------------------------------------------------
Date: October 13, 2005 12:38AM
I feel a little sorry ofr these companies

I sure as hell dont they're minted.

Date: October 13, 2005 12:52AM
Posted by: keiran
So what does the PS3 look like the last picture I saw was this

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: October 13, 2005 01:03AM
fisico04 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ill get a ps3 cos then i can link my psp to it,
> via the memory stick so i can play my games on the
> move, which is pretty cool.

Actually... The PSP is compatible with the Xbox 360 :| granted all you can do with it is transfer Music, Videos and Pics off it... but what else would you want from it? o_O

Supposidly you can plug in MP3 players too and transfer the contence of it to the Xbox's hard drive, no idea weather Ipods would work, but its probably unlikley, probably made for WMP compatible ones like Iriver and Creative

Date: October 13, 2005 01:14AM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
PS 3 for me GT5 is a good enough reason

and i got a heap of games for Ps2 that i will still wanna play

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: October 13, 2005 01:44AM
I just think how much wasted the XBox potential was, a console with huge specs... nothing used it, basically. I don't know how much Ninja Gaiden took from it, but it's the only game I can think of that is worth anything for the Box.

And Keiran, that PS3 looks tasty! Especially the little duck :D
Date: October 13, 2005 03:53AM
Posted by: Sil3nt-War
xbox 360 for me.
Date: October 14, 2005 11:43AM
From what I've heard, all Xbox's demostrations atm have been demonstrated on a Mac G5 of all things o_O which couldn't handle it so they had to lower the graphics down like buggery... which means there is more to come :) Whereas atm, all the PS3's videos are just CGI's so basically they are fake :|

Also I've heard that the PS3's Blu-Ray Drive costs $150 alone in the unit! so the PS3 is gonna be far from cheap :)

What I'm planning to do tho is to buy the Xbox 360 when it comes out, then sell it off a week before christmas :P theres bound to be a shortage of them, just gotta happen! so I'll probably make some money back, wait till January, then there should be a final price on the PS3 and the Xbox 360's prices will plummet for the January Sales ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2005 11:52AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: October 14, 2005 11:54AM
yeah i'm gonna wait till January at the earliest too.

Date: October 16, 2005 11:09AM
Posted by: ryanir
Revolution
Date: October 16, 2005 11:30AM
Posted by: matt3454
Super Nintendo!

Date: October 18, 2005 09:26PM
Posted by: Nik_I
i would like to see splinter cell 4 on xbox! dont expect seeing it on ps3 when it comes out, the graphics have to be destroyed first :-)

although for that much money, i'd rather buy a new graphics card, like the geforce 7800 or watever ATI's competitor to it is
Date: October 18, 2005 10:51PM
thing is you then need to get a mobo/processor of a similar caliber to get the best out of it, with the next gen consoles you are getting some serious hardware for you're money compared with the pc market.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy