Re: GPGames Forum Scale Model Section
Date: November 08, 2007 08:28PM
Posted by: Muks_C
some pics of what you get with the FW14B:

comparing the size with a 1:43 Minichamps model:

the free gifts and info on the collection:

the torch is alright even if the model isn't:

lol at "Display quality replicas in your own home!"

yes i will thanks, i have many Minichamps models on display :)

this is exactly the kind of collection i've been looking forward to for many years, it's a shame the quality is simply not there with these models.

either the quality needs to improve drastically, or the price needs to be brought down A LOT. i wouldn't mind paying £3 or £4 a month for each issue, but the actual price is just crazy.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2007 08:29PM by Muks_C.
Date: November 08, 2007 08:42PM
Posted by: chet
What Brabham is that ?

Best looking one has to be the Lotus on the far left!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 08, 2007 09:42PM
Brabham is BT 48C from 1981.

and the left-most Lotus it the 72C Ford from 1970.

the full collection will be:

1992 Williams FW 14B
1990 Mclaren MP4
1978 Lotus 78-Ford
1976 Tyrrell P34 6 w
1968 Lotus-type 49
1978 Brabham BT 46
1957 Vanwall VW57
1971 March 711
1954 Mercedes W196
1967 Brabham BT 24
1965 Lotus type 33
1970 Lotus.72C-Ford
1981 Brabham BT49C
1996 Williams FW18
1976 McLaren FordM23
1997 Williams FW19
1986 McLaren MP4/2C
1971 Tyrrell 003
1990 Tyrrell 019
1969 McLaren M7C
1983 Tyrrell 012,
1982 Williams FW08
1962 BRM P57
1978 Tyrrell 008
1980 Williams FWO7
1979 Martini Lotus79
1961 Cooper T53
1955 Lancia D50
1959 Cooper T51
1972 Lotus 72D-Ford
1963 Lotus-Climax 25

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2007 09:42PM by Muks_C.
Date: November 09, 2007 12:11AM
Posted by: Bruno
This series consists of RBA models which were published with a subscription in Italy and Germany Before. All these models can be bought on Ebay for very little money, i.e. 3 € or something.

The quality of these cars varies, but they never reach Minichamps.

The Lotus on the left is Lotus 72, WDC of 1970 (Rindt), the Brabham is the 1981 WDC car of Piquet.

From the all the cars of the list the 1965 Lotus type 33 (WDC Clark) is the most interesting one for those who collect World Champions as it is the only die-cast model of that car available.

It's best to keep your hands off these models even when they are cheap. If you like the classic Grand Prix cars, get a Qaurtzo model instead. They are great and almost too cheap.

BTW: The DVD isn't bad at all. I got it on VHS. After all, it's on historic cars. So it doesn't matter if the DVD is 10 years old.

--------------------------------------
Staff of grandprixgames.org 2000 - 2003

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2007 12:18AM by Bruno.
Date: November 09, 2007 01:05AM
thanks for the advice.

and yeah i knew the dvd was old and it's about historic cars so it doesn't matter, but you'd think they would make a new dvd especially for this collection, not just take a video that already existed for 7+ years and offer it in a new collection.

Kimi's 2007 Ferrari 1/43rd scale
Date: November 09, 2007 05:12PM
Posted by: Bruno
I just recieved my Raikonnen Ferrari F2007 in 1/43rd scale by Mattel from Hong Kong.

If I didn't collect World Champion models, I'd never bought it. It's so poor !

We all knew that it is delivered without correct Martini and Marlboro or hashmarks stickers and it's indeed in the old red colour, not the new metalic darker tone.

That's not what I am talking about. It really much worse:

The plastic parts (e.g. rear wing, little wings, etc. are just unpainted plain plastic. So they are matt and really look like plastic. The wheels in opposite to that are glossy as if they were oiled. The mirrors are just red, without any silver paint for the reflective surface. Of course the model has the rediculous big antennas on the nose which we already saw on the preview picures. And god only knows what happened to Kimi's helmet design.

But not only the model is bad, also the production quality lacks very much. There are always huge gaps between the plastic parts and the metal body. The front cameras are not parrell, also the wings in front of the sidepods hang in different angles. The top camera isn't inline with the car, it films slightly to the right. Finally there is a little paint missing between the cockpit and the air intake.

I have already recieved a set of hashmark decals from Tomo, but I really think these won't help much here. I'll see what else I can do to modify the model in a way that I don't have to be ashamed presenting it on the shelf with the other cars.
Date: November 09, 2007 06:10PM
yes i agree.

i have the 1:43 2001 Constructors set with 2 F2001 models which i converted to Marlboro and it looks quite good. but i also bought the 2004 Constructors Champion set with 2 F2004 models, and the quality seems to have decreased from the F2001 to the F2004 in 1:43 scale, shocking really. one of the F2004 models has a dodgy front wing, hanging at an odd angle, plus the large gaps between panels. these are not of the quality a collector expects. you'd be happy to let children play with them if they weren't so expensive.

that's why if you want a 1:43 car, then try to get the Minichamps version (if they make that particular model, unfortunately Mattel has the Ferrari licence). the difference is not so large between 1:18 Minichamps and Mattel cars, but still the Minichamps are definitely better and worth the extra money.

on a happier note, got an email from GPL today which showed details of the 2-seater McLaren, it's the one where Mika took his wife for a drive in the snow: [www.grandprixlegends.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2007 06:13PM by Muks_C.
Date: November 09, 2007 07:26PM
Posted by: **Taylor**
Why is it referred to as 'the infamous McLaren Mercedes MP4-98T two-seater.' ??

Date: November 09, 2007 11:01PM
Posted by: IWE
Decals of that 2seater smells fishy. Whole winter drive idea was just advertisement trick for West..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 10, 2007 03:11PM
yes of course they won't use the West logos on the models, so that's just something the collector has to change himself.

Date: November 10, 2007 07:19PM
True, but it wud make more sence the Mattel way. I mean just simply leaving whole logo off.

For skilled collector it shouldnt be any problem anyway, but some people are too helpless to take old ones away.. :P

And no, that is not 1 of my models. There is just too much thatkind raped stuff everywhere. But selling this model even without logos wouldnt have saved it from this "collector".

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 10, 2007 07:31PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
id prefer have a team logo instead of nothing realy, not everyone can be bothered to put tabbaco decals on it ;-)

Date: November 10, 2007 08:06PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
ordered this car:

its the bugatti veyron from autoart 1:18 :) was a bit bored with f1.

Date: November 14, 2007 09:17AM
Posted by: gp3
I wanna ask something, I pre ordered a model with Grand Prix Legends, and if the model has not released, is it true that GPL will send us an email every month until the model release to confirm our order??

SG
Date: November 14, 2007 02:13PM
sort of, yes.

they keep sending emails to try to reassure us that the models will eventually arrive *one* day, and let us know approximately when that may be.

Date: November 14, 2007 11:02PM
Posted by: Monza972
found this on schumi.org.uk

this one real? whos it by?
Date: November 14, 2007 11:08PM
it's only a normal car with the steering wheel and driver figure removed. then someone's made a new driver figure out of modelling putty (or modified the original figure, or used another figure and painted it red) and attached the helmet from the figure he removed earlier.

it's a custom jobby.

i bet it has no legs.

Date: November 14, 2007 11:12PM
Posted by: chet
sure looks awesome though!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 15, 2007 08:02AM
"Dirty Michael exits the car for last time." LoL! xD

Greatlooking model. :)

Date: November 15, 2007 07:17PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
mclaren team edition showcars are available

[www.mclarenshop.com]

i ordered the 1/43 hamilton version :)

dec 14 release

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2007 07:40PM by DJSKYLINE.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy