GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
Pleased with all the results me and Joe are getting in testing.

The car and drivers in regular race and quali trim are very competitive altogether, and it's a real pleasure to be in the team with everyone.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Yaheeeee!

Pole again, and on my home race!!!!

Thanx for my team, our engine and rubber supplier, my manager, my teamboss, my family, my girlfriend, my country, my ......
Wow! !6th, but just 0.3s behind the pole time??!!! Sheesh..... (and yes, back home from holidays now. Full time back for GPGSL actions...)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Who has for me the gridcars pictures of the W300 Season 3 mod: [www.grandprixgames.org]

They are removed from the original website: [www.freewebs.com]

Thanks

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Lol Ruben, can it be that you're a bit bored lately? Gridcars here, a new mod there...

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Wow, close qualifying! I'm reasonably happy with 12th...feel I could have got better, but meh. Qualifying was never my strongpoint!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Season 6 Round 4, Hungarian Grand Prix
Part 1

Welcome to the Hungaroring for live coverage of the Hungarian grand prix. Yesterdays qualifying saw Norbert Horvarth sweep to pole position and head another very close field. Without further ado lets go trackside where the drivers are ready for the off..

Horvarth and Maverick get bogged down off of the front row and Greenhalgh manags to get in between them...will he make a move for the lead?

Greenhalgh manages to push Horvarth wide but Maverick slips up the inside and into the lead. However Greenhalgh has braked far too late and begins to loos the back end of his car.

HE SPINS...RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PACK TOO...THIS COULD BE MESSY!

AND IT IS!!! First Hunsley collects the spinning AMR...

Then Greenhalgh's own teammate smashes into him...disaster for AMR...

The only thing that has saved the 3 cars at all was the slow speeds that they were travelling at through the corner...

Amazingly...everybody else reacts quickly and manages to avoid a big pile up..great driving there from everyone else...that has undoubtely ruined AMR's race though...

Maverick leads at the end of lap one...Houston second now pumps in a fast lap..

But immediately comes under attack from Horvarth who dropped down to third in the melee at the start...

Houston manages to hold Horvarth off...

Charrel Jalving...currently running 11th sizes up the SCR for a move into turn one...

He brakes later...

And makes the move stick...great driving their...Jalving into the top 10

Standings on lap 2...

Houston seems to be slowing and causing quite a jam behind him....Maverick doesnt seem to be having any problems out front whatsoever

Houston has to go on the defensive against Horvarth

He heads down to turn 2 completely out of shape...

...now he outbrakes himself...

...but still turns in...

CONTACT!! He simply kept turning in...His front wheel hits that of the TSS and he has flipped up into the air...thats a big crash..

There is no way Houston is carrying on after that...we'll keep you updated on his condition...

Jalving is on fire today...having moved into 10th on the last lap he is now up to 9th with another great pass

Directly behind that move is Silvestre. He gets up the inside of Cartwright...he is slipping back at an alarming rate

They're all at it...Elleker puts his Christel VXR up the inside of Hinz

The view back from Hinz shows just how tightly packed the midfield is...

Maverick is still leading but Houston's crash has released Horvarth

The latest standings...

Cartwright seems to have no race pace whatsoever...he is no under attack from Elleker...

Who proves to be the last of the late brakers...Elleker now 11th...Cartwright has lost 3 places in the last 3 laps...

His teammate is doing somewhat better however...he is along side the MAC Racing car...

And makes the pass look easy into turn 1

Worseling now running 21st and last due to Houstons retirement

Aleksander is still running 3rd...but struggling to shake the rest of the pack...

The top four are very close at the moment...

The SCR's now running line astern after Cartwright's freefall...will he now succomb to his team mate?

Not this time...but behind them its Hinz who comes under attack

And looses out to Pedersen

Next lap around and Cartwright is again under attack from his team mate...These tyres really aren't working for Cartwright...

But he does manage to block off just in time

Hinz now looses out again...Gredianus outbrakes him into turn 1

At the start of lap 7 its still the same at the front but Horvarth has been busy reeling in Maverick...

Warrington now running alone in 10th after the trouble at the start

Cartwright is in trouble here...he heads a now sizeable queue in the midfield...

And again has to defend his team mates advances

At the back of said queue Karjalinen is struggling to withold the charging VSM

Johnson is through...

Horvarth still reeling Maverick in at the front...

Hunsley got really bad drive out of the last corner and has to defend against Charrel Jalving...

Ultimately he can't defend though...Jalving is up to 8th

Maverick is now loosing a lot of time to Horvarth

Horvarth's tyres look in better condition and he lines up a move into turn one...he doesn't get Maverick this time but he is clearly faster...

Elleker gets down the insider of Cartwright into turn one...

Horvarth following really closely at the front now...

Whilst Cartwright still heads a queue of traffic that is dropping back from the top 10 at a steady pace...

In his first ever race Connor Steer is holding his own in 17th

Worseling gets down the inside of Hinz at turn one...good move

10 laps in here are the standings...its now very tight at the front and there are lots of small battles going on throughout the field...

Join us again soon for part 2

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
so far so good, manage to stay away off trouble and am driving for points.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
nice to have Philip and Gigi in the top 8.hope they can keep it:-)

My GPGSL Career
Had a poor start thanks to the AMR's.. But I already did 3 clean overtakings, the car feels great! I hope I can get some more then 7th place at this time!!

Anyhow, I wonder if Matt Houston is okay.. I saw his car in the air and hit the barrier! Big crash there.. Hope we get some news soon..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Part 2

Welcome back to live coverage of the Hungarian Grand Prix. We rejoin the action to find that Maverick is still struggling in 1st place...

He still has to defend Horvarth everytime he goes into the first corner...

Jalving is pushing really hard and smells AMR blood into turn one...

He's through...

Silvestre nearly got look in there too...Jalving pushed the Aston Martin wide, but he managed to recover...

The true extent of Mavericks problems are now beginning to show...His team mate Vilela is now within half a second of him...and he is in fourth place.

Even though he is struggling Maverick is giving the others a lesson in defensive driving...he manags to keep Horvarth at bay for now...he must surely be biding his time until his pit stop...

BUT WAIT!!! HORVARTH DOESNT WANT TO WAIT THAT LONG...

AND HE IS THROUGH....A GREAT PASS FOR THE LEAD...MAVERICK CAUGHT NAPPING

The replays show just how close they got...

AND THAT THEY MAY HAVE TOUCHED...Maverick slides slightly but does well to hold it...

Horvarth immediately sets about building a gap before his pitstop...but does he have time?

Jalving attempts a pass on Oakley but fails...

Warrington has never really recovered from the start and is now attacked by the SCR of Kittleson...who makes the pass look relatively easy...again...

Horvarth is already building a gap...and Maverick is still struggling...

Jalving has had a VERY slow lap and pits...unseen by the cameras he then has a lengthy pitstop and retires...poor luck...he looked like he had good pace here..

Greenhalgh now comes under attack from Silvestre...and is passed...

Horvarth has the hammer down now...look at him go

That explains why he was pushing it...he pits first...Maverick carries on...and retakes the lead...

Hoping to leapfrog Maverick, both Aleksander and Vilela stop...

Horvarth got out of the pits right into the middle of the traffic...we'll have to wait and see how that affects his overall track position...Aleksander is out 7th...

Just in front of Greidanus and Shepperd

Kittleson, Elleker and Pedersen all stop and emerge 17th, 18th and 19th respectively...they are all trying to gain track postion to leapfrog Cartwright at the front of the midfield pack...

Maverick has stayed out a lap longer than Horvarth and that could have made all the difference...he pits now...this will be very tight...Horvarth's gap has surely been eroded whilst in the traffic

Oakley will lead temporarily...His teammate pits...

Hunsley pits from 5th

Maveirck is out 4th...but where is Horvarth...

...Behind Aleksander!!!! He made a mistake off camera and slipped back behind the TSS gifting Maverick the net lead again...disaster for Horvarth

Horvarth's mistake also let Connor Steer through...

But that doesnt stop Horvarth for long...he is through and off after Aleksander and Maverick...

Silvestre exits the pits 6th just in front of Johnson and Vilela who get VERY close!

Elleker powers down the pit straight...

Cartwright emerges from the pits...we'll have to wait and see how many of the queue have leapfrogged him...

Greenhalgh pits from 2nd place...

AND WARRINGTON carries on...he is yet to make a stop...what is he playing at?

Maverick...who is now net 1st again...is now being trailed by Aleksander...it doesnt look like a new set of tyres has helped his pace much...

Warrington has gone through again and now leads...

Horvarth is starting to catch Aleksander and Maverick again...

Warrington now goes through again...if he is planning to one stop he will get a penalty...could he make it work...?

Maverick's pace is inexplicable...Horvarth has now caught right up to the back of the queue...

Silvestre tries to get up the inside of Greenhalgh...but he shuts the door...

Elleker and Pedersen made their strategies work perfectly...they jumped Cartwright...

Greenhalgh is now attracting something of a queue as well...

With 20 laps gone...and still no stop for Warrington here is the running order...

Join us again for part 3 after this short commercial break...

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Ahhhh c'mon!! A complete DNF for MPR!! What a bad weekend we had..

My pace was so good! 4 clean overtaking actions, I was on fire! Driving from 11th to 6th.. A podium was in sight for sure!! I was about to overtake Philip Oakley to retake the 1st place in the drivers standings, untill I had an mechanical problem with the car.. If I want to win the championship we need to be more consistent..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Might be some points in this for SCR!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Charrel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ahhhh c'mon!! A complete DNF for MPR!! What a bad
> weekend we had..
>
> My pace was so good! 4 clean overtaking actions, I
> was on fire! Driving from 11th to 6th.. A podium
> was in sight for sure!! I was about to overtake
> Philip Oakley to retake the 1st place in the
> drivers standings, untill I had an mechanical
> problem with the car.. If I want to win the
> championship we need to be more consistent..

My apologies for not catching it on camera Charrel...the race was pretty hectic...

GPGTV Youtube Channel
i wanted to say it's getting better and better but with Horvath right behind and Maverick infront close i hope there wont be any tangles.

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Part 3

Welcome back once more to the Hungaroring where we have an amazing race unfolding for you...News from the medical centre is that Matt Houston is okay but shaken after his accident. Infact he and his team mate Charrel Jalving have both been seen heading for paddock club bar to presumably start drowning their sorrows after a double retirement for their team...

Back on track Silvestre makes a move on Greenhalgh....

Whilst behind him, his team mate Oakley fails to get past Vilela...

Elleker and Pedersen have settled down into a rythmn and both are enjoying quiet afternoons now...

Whilst behind them Cartwright still heads a queue...

As does Maverick...

Warrington still hasnt stopped...surely he isnt going to try and do a single stop...?

Sheppard and Greidanus have both had their afternoons ruined by Cartwrights pace and are scrapping over 14th place...

Which Sheppard claims...

So Warrington still leads on lap 22...he still hasnt stopped...

Elleker and Pedersen are slowly pulling each other along...they are beginning to catch Hunsley in 10th

Warrington finally pits...where is this going to put him on the track?

Maverick now finally retakes the lead...Aleksander 2nd and Horvarth now 3rd...

Warrington out 10th...if he does plan to 1 stop it is a risky game to play...surely AMR can't think that strategy will work...the time penalty for doing so will drop him way out of the points...

On lap 24...Maverick is still driving a very defensive race...but credit to him...you can do that here and get away with it...

Horvarth is blatantly the fastest of the top 3...he manages to get under the rear wing of the TSS

Then along side it...

AND INTO SECOND PLACE...TRULY BRILLIANT FROM HORVARTH...

Warrington's pace would suggest he has fuelled for simply one stop...Elleker is all over him...

Maverick is now REALLY struggling out in front...he locks up...and runs wide!!! Allowing Horvarth to get even closer...

Deja vu for Horvarth...he tries to get up the inside of Maverick...

But as ever, he's not having it...

Silvestre comes form a long way back to have a punt at Aleksander...

And makes it stick...

Hunsley is still being chased down for 9th place...

26 laps gone and Horvarth is again all over Maverick...

Greenhalgh has run wide...

And slides onto the run off area...is he going to be able to keep the back end in line?

He does so spectacularly well...but falls down to 8th...

Now its Warringtons turn...he locks up and runs wide...

And is passed by Sheppard...

Looking back from Karjalainen wee see his team mate make a bold move stick into turn one...

Worseling now 16th...

Just LOOK at the queue Maverick now has...

5 seonds cover the top 8....the top 4 covered by just over a second...

Vilela and Oakley start the second round of stops from 5th..is he trying to jump his team mate? Suprisingly it is still Ross Cartwright who is the key man to beat here...if they get out in front of him then they stand a much better chance of leapfrogging someone in front.

Vilela out 10th....in front of Cartwright...

Oakley out 12th...behind him...

Maverick must be hoping his team have a stellar strategy for him...he could end up looosing a lot of places if he is not careful (or a lot faster)

Silvestre and Aleksander stop now...they must both sense the opportunity to get in front of Maverick as well...

There is even a chance for Kittleson from 5th...

This will be a tight race in the pits...TSS were VERY good in the testers race yesterday...are they up to the same today...

INDEED THEY ARE...And whats more Kittleson has beaten Silvestre out as well...down two places for the Tafuro driver...

Maverick carries on but Horvarth, sensing that he will not get past the Swiss on track decides to pit early...will it work this time around for Norbert...?

All goes to plan and he is out into some crucially clean air...he now needs to do what Adam Davies did yesterday and put in some stonking lap times...

Cartwright, Greidanus and Hinz all exit the pits...

ART move to cover Horvarths stop! They had to really...With Maverick now in the pits...where is Horvarth...he has been flying...

Greenhalgh pits from 2nd...

AND MAVERICK EXITS TO WATCH HORVARTH SAILING BY!!! GREAT DRIVING BY NORBERT HORVARTH...HE HAD A MUCH BETTER LAP AND LEAPED OVER MAVERICK...

Warrington has still only stopped once and is still very heavy...he has quite a line building behind him...

It doesnt take long for him to be passed either...Kittleson into 5th

Both Snake cars have had a quiet race but Worseling is now running in the top 10...

Here are the standings on lap 34....

Join us again shortly for the climax to this truly pulsating race!

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Charrel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ahhhh c'mon!! A complete DNF for MPR!! What a bad
> weekend we had..
>
> My pace was so good! 4 clean overtaking actions, I
> was on fire! Driving from 11th to 6th.. A podium
> was in sight for sure!! I was about to overtake
> Philip Oakley to retake the 1st place in the
> drivers standings, untill I had an mechanical
> problem with the car.. If I want to win the
> championship we need to be more consistent..

erm, you wouldnt have retaken 1st place in standings with me infront;)

GPGSL career;
oof seems that we're getting back into position via pits ....

GPGSL career;
At least we didn't get into any crazy accidents there in front. I actually had the same fear as Marko. If this stays like this till the end, I can live very good with 2nd or 3rd place.

John Maverick radio

Guys, I have no speed! The tyres don't work at all and Aleksander is straight in my back. Either give me some setting changes or I even might lose this 2nd!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 01:07AM by JohnMaverick.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy