GPGSL Season 6 Complete!

Posted by GPGSL 
In a race other drivers could push out you, or spin, or get a mechanical failure. But when we fight for performance points the qualyfing/free practice is safer..... That is why I asked to give info before the weekend next time.... thanks....
Testers Sprint Race

Hello and welcome back to the Hungaroring for live coverage of this GPGSL special event. Yesterday's qualifying session saw Adam Davies of Aston Martin Racing take pole position and head a very tight field. Expect today's testers sprint race to be full of action and drama. The drivers have made their preperations and we are ready to go to the grid to begin the race...

The drivers are waiting for the lights to go out...

And we're off...Davies gets bogged down off the line and quickly comes under attack from Somogyi and Paddock. Can he hold first place into turn one?

Somogyi gets along side the AMR driver...

...and brakes later to take an early lead in the race.

Pedersen gets tapped from behind but manages to avoid spinning...just ahead of him Rico Van Smirren gets side by side with Legge...

Who manages to win the place back as he skillfully undercuts the Christel Driver...

Keely Grant last at the moment

Somogyi makes good on his start and sets the fastest lap on the 1st lap...

The Standings after lap 1

Disaster for Pedersen who tries to go down the outside of De Boer into turn two, outbrakes himself and spins. He rejoins in last place...

Another fastest lap for Somogyi...

But despite that, neither Davies or Paddock are letting him get away. The top three are still very close

Unseen initially by the cameras Paulo Tafuro has slipped down the order drastically...

Brake problems are the reason...he limps back to the pits in 22nd...

The top 3 begin to pull away from the rest of the field. Paddock now also sets the fastest lap.

Rodriguez is 7th and part of a very large queue that is forming in the midfield.

A queue of which VanSmirren seems to be at the head of...

Gilson, however got great drive out of the final turn and makes his move into turn one..

Right behind that move, De Boer and Rodriguez are going at it to...

De Boer down the inside and into 7th. He sets off after Van Smirren...

Neither of the Christels seem to have great race pace at the moment as Muller comes under attack from Stuart Ingers...

BUT WAIT WHATS THIS?!
Ingers breaked down the inside of the Christel car but misjudged the gap. The two touch...Ingers spins and Muller corrects his slide and manages to carry on.

Ingers now has to wait for the traffic to pass and then do a three point turn, which he botches, and beaches his car momentarily on the kerbs...

Edwards is 9th and right in the middle of the traffic in the midfield...Strategy will be everything in the midfield today...

Full standings with 7 laps gone...

The midfield 'train' is still getting longer...and Van Smirren still refuses to budge. De Boer tries to round the Christel at turn one but fails.

Here is the full extent of the congestion

With the first 3 seemingly in a league of their own and the rest of the midfield battling in their 8 car 'train' Legge and Gilson have been left to have a relatively quiet start to their race so far...

Edwards tries to push his way up the queue...

...and suceeds...

Further back in the train is the second TSS of Kederer. He is now coming under attack from Thomas in his SCR...

But Kederer manages to break late enough and cover his line

Meanwhile, even further back, Pedersen, having recovered from his earlier spin has caught Keely Grant and attempts a pass into turn one...

But Keely is having none of it and shuts the door...

Van Smirren still at the head of the traffic...the teams are now ferreting away on the pit walls trying to work out strategies to jump him...

At the back of the queue, Stokel tries to get up the insider of McGregor in the other MAC racing car and locks up...

They touch as they enter the corner but both survive...

On the very next lap, Pedersen is up the inside of Keely Grant at turn one.

Whilst DeBoer is still admring the back of the CVXR001

From the back of the queue Stokel can now nearly see Van Smirren.

The first pit stops begin and with nothing to seperate the three leaders it is Somogyi who jumps first.

Davies and Paddock carry on but Gilson pits from 5th, and is followed by VanSmirren from 8th....Meaning that the midfield now need to put in some fast laps to try and leap frog the Christel man..

Gilson rejoins 20th after his stop.

VanSmirren 21st after a very clean and quick stop

Davies doesnt stop this lap and carries on, Paddock peels into the pits behind him...This is going to be very close when it all shakes out...

Legge then pits the other Tafuro car from what is still a net 4th place.

DeBoer then pits...it is now crucial that he gets a good stop.

BUT WAIT...DRAMA at the pit exit...Paddock has emerged in front of Somogyi...his team turned him round quicker and he is out just fractions ahead of the TSS driver..

On the very next lap Davies pits from the lead...has he done a good enough good to leapfrog both Paddock and Somogyi, or will he end up a net 3rd...?

Find out in part 2...coming after this short commercial break...

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Testers Feature Race Part 2

Welcome back to the testers feature race at the Hungaroring...

With Davies in the pits, Edwards of True North, who has yet to stop, takes the lead...

Copeman has also not stopped and is now up to third...

But behind this Paddock comes steaming down the pit straight...has he beaten Davies..?

IT WOULD APPEAR NOT!!!

Infact, it would appear that Somogyi's earlier pitstop but him too far back into the 'train' in the midfield and he looses position...putting him a net 3rd...

Paddock shows just how close it was as Davies pulls on to the racing line in turn one...Great work from the AMR crew there.

On lap 13 the current running order looks like this...With Copeman, Edwards and Rodriguez gambling on late stops to try and jump out of the queue in the midfield...

Now the entirety of the current top 4 all stop at the same time...How has the midfield battle turned out?

Davies takes over the lead of the race...followed by Paddock and then Somogyi...

As Copeman exits the pits DeBoer has to take defensive action...

Confirmation of the fulll running order after the first pit stops...Van Smirren in 7th managed to make his second set of tyres work much better and put in laps fast enough to keep him at the front of the train in the midfield...Whereas Edwards and Rodriguez benefitted from later pitstops and jumped ahead of DeBoer...

...who has actually dropped places and finds himself deeper in the traffic than before...

Mills finally pits from 4th

Promoting Legge and Gilson back to 4th and 5th respectively...

Kederer is 10th...still pretty much in the middle of the pack...

Tafuro, still struggling after his earlier brake issues pits from 22nd.

The top 3 are now pulling away from the field at a considerable rate...whilst still keeping each other honest...

Meanwhile, Edwards who is now running 7th, has posted a very slow middle sector...

AND IS PULLING OFF THE TRACK...

His TNR has lost drive and he has parked it...he is out of the race...

At the head of the pack Davies begins to put the hammer down and works on building a gap ahead of his second stop...these are the important laps for him.

The middle of the pack is still extremely tight...proving at least that qualifying pace was true to form.

Stokel benefitted from the first round of stops and is now 12th

As Copeman challenges DeBoer, and ultimately fails, here are the standings at the end of lap 19.

Ingers is still trying to recover from his earlier spin, is now battling with Keely Grant,

He locks up as he goes to the inside line...

And starts a drag race down the hill

Which the "Pink Stig" wins by staying on the inside line and braking later...

Davis has worked hard over the last few laps and built a 3 second gap back to 2nd placed Paddock...will it be enough when the 2nd stops start?

DeBoer is still struggling with his second set of tyres...and the queue is now reformed behind him...

The standings at the end of lap 22 show just how much of a gap Davies has managed to pull out...

Legge and Gilson still happily going about their business in 4th and 5th places...they have had very lonely afternoons...

Davies...having built up a considerable gap...decides to pit first this time...will Paddock and Somogyi be able to react...?

Paddock stays out...

And so does Somogyi...Legge pits in for Tafuro...

VanSmirren pits for the second time followed closely by Rodriguez...

Davies is out in 4th with a clear track ahead and behind...right where the Tafuro cars have been sitting all afternoon...great strategy from the AMR team. He will now have clean air to put the lap times in with.

Legge emerges in 11th...it remains to be seen as to whether his teammate can jump him or not...

Meanwhile, VanSmirren and Rodriguez are in a straight fight in the pits...its all down to the crews now...

And its the Christel crew who win out...

Copeman, Thomas and Worseling all having completed their second stops emerge back into the pack...

Dan Paddock now pits from the lead...has this extra lap done him any good...?

Before we can find out...Somogyi enters the pit lane too..TSS appear to be covering MPR...this will be a straight fight...

DISASTER FOR PADDOCK...The lollipop man held him for too long....

Somogyi jumps him in the pits...great last minute call from TSS to pit Somogyi...hes gained a place out of that...

But it will be Davies with the biggest smile...he sails through, back into 1st, having actually widened his gap to 2nd and 3rd...

Somogyi also gets out just in front of his teammate, putting a car between himself and Paddock...

Make that TWO cars! DeBoer manages to sneak infront of Paddock as well...

Kederer, currently running in 3rd, now pits...will the TSS crew be able to pull off another quick pitstop? This time they are fighting DeBoer...

And TSS do it again!!! Kederer is away!

He exits 9th with Thomas, DeBoer's team mate steaming down the pitstraight...

Thomas has to go wide as Kederer is on the tighter inside from the pit exit...

Neither driver wants to yield and they begin to race down the hill towards turn two.

Thomas brakes slightly later and turns in...

But Kederer has turned in as well...OH MY WORD...THERES MASSIVE CONTACT!! THOMAS GOES AIRBORNE...

AND ROLLS...A BIG IMPACT

BOTH MEN WILL BE OUT...KEDERER HAS LOST HIS FRONT WHEEL...

A big impact that has ended both races...as DeBoer drives through you cant help thinking now, maybe it was a good thing he lost the battle in the pits, otherwise he might have been sitting where Kederer is having just taken his team mate out...ouch...

Davies stamps his authority on proceedings...

Tafuro and Ingers, both of whom would have liked to have been higher up today are now fighting at the rear of the field...

With Ingers eventually taking the place...

The top 3 still showing their ultimate pace today...Paddock sets the fastest lap to close the gap to Somogyi...

But then from no where, Stefan Van Reselaar sets the fastest lap...Where did that come from?!

Unfortunately, he cant use his momentum to get past DeBoer...

Adam Davies begins his last lap...followed by Somogyi 2nd and Paddock 3rd...

The Tafuro boys have battled quietly all afternoon and Gilson got the jump on Legge at the second stops...they sit 4th and 5th...

Davies rounds the penultimate corner...
And WINS!!! A really good drive from Davies, his strategy worked perfectly and he won the race during his second stint with some excellent laps. He built enough of a gap to Somogyi and Paddock so that he became unassailable...Driver of the day...

Somogyi second...

Paddock third...

Gilson and Legge 4th and 5th round out the top 5...

Rico VanSmirren heads the midfield in 6th..

Followed by Rodriguez, Copeman, DeBoer and Van Reselaar...rounding out the top 10...

The final race results in full...

We hope you have enjoyed coverage of this special feature event...tune in later for full coverage of the official qualifying session for the GPGSL drivers series.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Not so happy about the poor result...hopefully will do better next time...
awesome coverage (Y)
sadly a dismal result for mac, i hope we can do better in the main race

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Yeah, you should do more coverages Chris. (Y)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Hope this race means I can finally score some points here at the Hungaroring ... otherwise Legge and Gilson could stole my race driver seat ;)

I enjoyed the coverage :) Nice result for us and hopefully the extra laps will help Pederson in the race :)
thanks for the comments about the coverage...glad you liked it...qualifying is running as we speak.

From A christel point of view I think Rico and Juliano did well...especially without any boosts...although Rico was at the head of the 'train' for most of the race lol :)

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

4th place! I'm very happy with that result, especially without a driver or team boost, and I beat Jake, just like I wanted ;-)

Excellent coverage! I was quite happy to have a lonely race ;)

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Pretty good job the the VXR testers, I'm getting worried about keeping my seat! ;)

Rico did a very good job today, making himself a "trulli" ;-)
Muller had a pretty standard day, im sure he will manage to pick himself up afterwards

Now its over to me and jack to do the job in qualifying and the race. Im looking forward to my shot at the full race, hopefully i will be able to take this chance.

I know its a bit of a long shot, but what happens if i get points in this? Am i then in both the main and tester championships or does one have to been chosen?

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
WAHOO! Get in there! Well done Adam, watch out John and ED ;) Nice drive mate with some great pit work by the team. Just sorry I couldn't make my way through the minefield that is the back of the grid to score some points too.

Fantastic coverage too Chris, looks like we will have to buy another chair for the donut van ;)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
truecrysis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rico did a very good job today, making himself a
> "trulli" ;-)
> Muller had a pretty standard day, im sure he will
> manage to pick himself up afterwards
>
> Now its over to me and jack to do the job in
> qualifying and the race. Im looking forward to my
> shot at the full race, hopefully i will be able to
> take this chance.
>
> I know its a bit of a long shot, but what happens
> if i get points in this? Am i then in both the
> main and tester championships or does one have to
> been chosen?

You are in both, but obviously any points scored in the main series will not count to your test score. They will however count towards your driver perf.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
I'm happy with the 2nd place. It is quite good....
Stoopid Wrote:
> WAHOO! Get in there! Well done Adam, watch out
> John and ED ;) Nice drive mate with some great pit
> work by the team. Just sorry I couldn't make my
> way through the minefield that is the back of the
> grid to score some points too.
>
> Fantastic coverage too Chris, looks like we will
> have to buy another chair for the donut van ;)

Many thank yous...as long as we can get jam donuts I'm in...

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Stoopid Wrote:
>
> You are in both, but obviously any points scored
> in the main series will not count to your test
> score. They will however count towards your driver
> perf.

ok thanks stu, thought that gaining tester points this weekend was a bit too much to hope for ;-)
glad i get the driver perf still though :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Yes Yes Yes! What a weekend! Everything came together this weekend. Not a great start but I felt I had the pace to take the win. I wasn't sure it was the right decision to come in first on the second round of stops, especially after the way we worked the first stop, but they assured me that it was the right thing to do and hats of to them they were spot on as usual.

Really needed this result to get back towards the top. I think my racing experience from last year helped me also.

Hopefully the boys can build on this and have a great race result to.
Both cars in the top 10 is nice. And having a race myself was nice for a change :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy