DaiMOn's 2011 Workthread - NEW! F Massa V2 - Check P1 or P12.

Posted by DaiMOn 
A few people suggested me in the last few days, that it would be better to release the designs individually. Maybe you remember I did it this way in 2008. I released the helmet after I completed it, and when I finished the whole set I released them in a pack. Unfortunately I have bad experiences about that: some people didn't know what permission means and they started to modify them without a single permission. So I haven't released helmets ony by one in 2009-2010. This wasn't good either, I usually was too busy to complete the set in time, and the F1 season was almost over when the set have been released.

So I decided to go back to the good-old way, and release the helmet once it's ready. Probably we should call these things beta designs, and you can test them. :) When the set is completed I'm going to fix the bugs and everything else, and I'm going to release them in a package.

At this point I think we should make a few things clear to avoid leaching:

- You don't have to ask permission if you want to use the designs is any GP4 or rFactor mod. If you drop me a PM or a message about it, I will be grateful, but my permission is granted for everyone who wants to include them in carsets or mods.

- It's not allowed to use this as source (modifyed or not) in your own work without my permission! Please ask me if you want to modify my designs or use parts of them. I think this isn't too big demand from me.

:)

More information and download links available on http://www.daimondesign.comuf.com.

Edited 31 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2011 01:57AM by DaiMOn.
Always great to know that you're gonna make helmetset for next season also :)

great start mate! :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Hi Daimon.

Great helmet.

I like this new Alonso helmet design.

Thanks for preview.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
You suck mate! [/contrary]

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Great helmet!! Is that a fantasy helmet or Alonso has changed his layout?

Cheers
@jucksman The official Ferrari helmets have been presented yesterday at Wroom's karting event. Check this topic: [www.grandprixgames.org]. Raul posted some HI-Res screens. :)
Great news. Thanks Adam! :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've made some renders. They are a bit blured and bright, because I didn't spend too much time with tweaking the options. Sorry for that.:)

Re: DaiMOn's 2011 Workthread - F ALO Renders on P1 ;)
Date: January 15, 2011 03:26PM
Posted by: Yulcsa
great one! looks like the white line has been disappeared with tobacco ads!

Date: January 15, 2011 03:27PM
Posted by: kimifanaat
That is a very quick first helmet! :-) It looks very good Daimon, top notch!

I wonder what they are going to do with the tobacco ads, because I thought it was prohibited in F1.

Date: January 15, 2011 04:47PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Hopefully this is the last time Alonso is 1st in 2011 ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 15, 2011 04:54PM
Posted by: DaiMOn
Thank you :)!

@Ed

You know the funniest thing is that three times in the last 4 years Fernando's helmet was the 1st completed design of the season. (The only exception is 2009, when I started working on Timo's helmet for the first time.) In 2010 and now the reason is very simple: it was presented very early. In 2008... well, I can't remember.... It looked like easy or something like that... :P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2011 04:55PM by DaiMOn.
Date: January 15, 2011 04:59PM
Posted by: Isaint
Fantastic .... thanks DaiMOn.:-)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: January 15, 2011 05:23PM
Yes, and at least with Alonso you can be fairly sure that once he gets a design, he'll stick with it for the entire year, unlike Vettel, who goes through more helmets than there are races.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 15, 2011 07:09PM
Posted by: quickslick
very nice helmet, Daimon :)
Date: January 16, 2011 12:44PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Well done for making Alonso's helmet this early in the year :-) Could you make Massa's helmet (which looks like the one he had at Sauber now that the white stripe is no longer on it)
Date: January 18, 2011 04:42PM
Posted by: jucksman
Hello Daimon!

I've tried to contact you by PM, but your inbox is full...
I was wondering if you could help me with the finishing touches in my personal helmet ( I took the design as far as I could but I lack the knowledge to make it look a bit more 'professional';) and maybe make a render of it...I really liked your personal helmet, by the way, and the schubert shape is my favourite.

Cheers!
Date: January 20, 2011 07:23AM
I don't know if you've seen this, but this could be very useful for making the Ferrari helmets

[www.flickr.com]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 20, 2011 11:49AM
Posted by: Macca25
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know if you've seen this, but this could
> be very useful for making the Ferrari helmets
>
> [www.flickr.com]
> 25859117476/

Haha, lucky I read the posts first, I was about to point out the exact same address. :)

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy