Date: January 14, 2011 11:29PM
Posted by: raulongo

Nice design ;-)

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Re: The 2011 Formula One Season
Date: January 15, 2011 01:45AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, although I agree with Dan, its weird not having the big white band around the helmets.

Alonso couldn't resist another slight change, and Massa seems to have gone back towards his early career helmet.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 15, 2011 04:39AM
Posted by: tozequio
DaiMOn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah. By the way Jules has an interesting design.
>
> [img341.imageshack.us]
> 0590.jpg
>
> But it reminds me of somebody else :P

Jean Alesi?
Date: January 15, 2011 01:55PM
Posted by: DaiMOn
A Frenchman in a Ferrari: yes. But his helmet design look like Kimi's helmet in 2007. ;)
Date: January 15, 2011 03:53PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
btw Williams have signed a major new sponsorship deal with PSVSA - fifth biggest oil giant in the world.

does this mean we will have red williams cars once again???
Date: January 15, 2011 04:48PM
I think AT&T will probably get them to keep some form of blue, but it would be nice if they can add the red in, as the blue/white scheme is getting a bit tired now

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 15, 2011 06:16PM
Posted by: JackHammer
I saw a mock-up of a green Williams recently, can't see it being green though

If AT&T remain as title sponsor then it will be blue, but maybe a bit of red around

Date: January 15, 2011 06:24PM
Posted by: Frantic
i think thats made because the late 70s/early 80s Williams colours... i think they´ll do something similar to the early 90s livery when they added camel´s yellow to the canon blue and white livery. btw, that livery was awesome

also, i think Jules Bianchi helmet looks like Alesi´s (and as it looks like alesi´s like Elio de Angelis helmet too :P) but Roelof Wunderink used a more similar helmet in the mid 70s:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2011 06:25PM by Frantic.
Date: January 16, 2011 05:40PM
Posted by: Nickv
Did you know that from the top of your head? :/
Date: January 16, 2011 06:33PM
Posted by: Frantic
thanks to extensive rFactor testing ;)

EDIT: seems like people in general in F1 paddock doesent like Lotus Renault new livery, Derek Warwick thinks like us about the Total red not fitting at all, and some journalists take all this Lotus name issue as a innecesary and complete mess. here is the link (spanish, sorry)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2011 03:31AM by Frantic.
Date: January 17, 2011 08:12AM
Well let's hope that the people that criticised the Marlboro barcode come back out from under their rock again and realise that this is a JPS livery ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 17, 2011 03:59PM
Posted by: zulu_85
Glad it's not just us fans voicing our displeasure at the Group Lotus Renault - both in terms of livery and the whole ruddy saga around it. It's a real pity, well at least in my opinion, because Renault - not just its livery - was my favourite team last year and the Lotus story was one of those nice fairytale stories that F1 throws up once in a while only now its turned extremely sour and now the Renault team have become part of it too and I don't think anyone's going to walk away from it with particularly clean faces.

However, putting that to one side for a bit, I would love to see whether Kubica is going to adapt his helmet to the car's livery again and so see what design he comes up with. :)
Date: January 17, 2011 04:39PM
Posted by: alexf1man
SchueyFan Wrote:
> Well let's hope that the people that criticised the Marlboro barcode come back out from under their rock again and realise that this is a JPS livery ;)

---

Technically it is only a colour scheme and has no direct link to JPS, however like the 2010 Marlboro barcode it reminds us of the tobacco that was prominently advertised.

Also they could have put the colours on like the 2010 Renault livery (would've looked brilliant) i.e. gold where the yellow was and keep the black.

Robert Kubica - 2011 . . . My liveries page . . . Imageshack . . . You can find me on Twitter
Date: January 17, 2011 06:40PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
With the amount Bahar has spent on using the Lotus brand in various motorsport, I could see them losing quite a bit of money, especially if their new cars don't sell as well as expected.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: January 17, 2011 07:41PM
Posted by: badger27
I think the overall may give a clue as to the potential livery for Williams. If you look at picture 11 & 12 on the slide here you can see the yellow and red featuring as borders to the at&t blue. I think the whole livery may follow suit.

Having said that, it would seem as little odd having Rubens with a Venezuelan flag that big.

Williams' Wonders: Jones, K.Rosberg, Piquet, Mansell, Prost, Senna, Hill, Villeneuve, .....?
Date: January 17, 2011 07:43PM
What irritates me particularly about the whole Lotus re-branding saga is that Group Lotus and Bahar in particularly don't seem to understand that Fernandes's licence is every bit as valid as theirs. He [Bahar] thinks that revoking the licence they [Group Lotus] allowed Fernandes to hold is the end of the argument. He seems to give the impression that if he just keeps denying that Fernandes has a valid licence then it will all go away. It won't - Fernandes bought the licence off Hunt, not Bahar, and he had every right to use it. Frankly the two outfits have nothing to do with each other, and if we have two teams using the same name then the one who had it first should be allowed to use it, in this case Fernandes.

It's really as simple as that. Oh and the new Renault looks like a turd.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2011 07:46PM by loque.
Date: January 18, 2011 05:11PM
alexf1man Wrote:
> SchueyFan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well let's hope that the people that criticised
> > the Marlboro barcode come back out from under
> > their rock again and realise that this is a JPS
> >livery ;)
>
> Technically it is only a colour scheme and has no
> direct link to JPS, however like the 2010 Marlboro
> barcode it reminds us of the tobacco that was
> prominently advertised.

Right on cue, Canada are already making noises about whether the livery should be allowed

[en.espnf1.com]

That story is a bit of a beat-up, but often issues like this tend to snowball once they are first noticed.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 18, 2011 05:22PM
Posted by: JackHammer
I think they will allow it, but if they don't I wonder what livery they would do
Hopefully paint the car in the R30 livery, that was nice

Date: January 18, 2011 06:46PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Or just change the yellow to gold as I said in my previous post :-)
Date: January 18, 2011 08:26PM
Storm in a teacup. If I painted a car in the colours of Lambert & Butler it wouldn't be a reference to the product unless I officially announced it. It's a red and gold car, its just what they've used for their livery and bears no significance or link to the JPS brand.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy