DaiMOn's 2011 Workthread - NEW! F Massa V2 - Check P1 or P12.

Posted by DaiMOn 
Very good quality and quickly made :-) Also for a mini challenge, you could do this helmet. (The article is about Ferrari's new exhaust system)
I have made a button helmet~~~;)
Thanks for Force India helmets!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Massa made a little change on the top:

He has used it on the last part of the test. In the morning he was using the other on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2011 06:40PM by Petert87.
I really hope he goes back to the original design (the one DaiMOn has made), because I think that looks 10 times better.

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really hope he goes back to the original design
> (the one DaiMOn has made), because I think that
> looks 10 times better.

I don't know...I kinda like this one...it looks more fluid than the previous design.
We want more, we want more :D
Thank you. By the way I agree with Ed, Felipe's old design was better. :P Whatever, as soon as I get some picture from side and back view I'm going to complete this one as well. :)

Oh, and Macca helmets are released... ;)
Great work again, thanks :D
Good work DaiMOn! Appreciated mate!

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Thanks (Y)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much, Adam! Great work, as usual! :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys. :)

Crazy week again, so I couldn't progress to much regarding the helmet designs. But that doesn't mean I did nothing. ;)

As you probably know a new Schuberth helmet shape debuts this year. I wanted to make my RF1 shape look more like the new SF1 shape, so I made a few changes. These updates are mostly 2D texture updates and only a few 3D changes because I didn't have enough time to make a proper 3D version yet, but I'm quite satisfied with the results.

Let's see what's new:

- The new air holes in the front and the missing part of the fastener are added to the templates. It looks something like this:

- Textures of the screws and other parts are updated as well.

- The helmet has a whole new, transparent 3D wing on the top. I know the previous wing caused lots of distortion and the lines still doesn't fit well, so I remodeled it according to SF1 and made it transparent. I know GP4 doesn't handle transparency very well, but I think I can live with that. At least I can avoid texture distortion this way....

I know it's far from the real one so don't judge me too hard. This is rather an interim version to make RF1 a bit more realistic until a proper SF1 is released. As soon as I exported and tested it in GP4 I'm going to release the model with the new templates of course. :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2011 05:24PM by DaiMOn.
looks great mate! awesome work! :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Really great! Can't wait to test it ingame! :-)
Really nice looking :) Keep it up!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
very good job!! thank you for keeping helmets and helmet shapes alive :)

You made an excellent job in this helmet.

Looks fantastic, great work adain :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy