Coulthard 2
M Schumacher 2
Raikkonen 2
R Schumacher 1
Montoya 1
Re: F1 Manager 2003 Season
Date: August 11, 2010 04:00PM
Posted by: Macca25
A good drive from Yoong but Bernoldi need to do better than that. As a struggling back marker we need all the time on track we can get and putting the car in the wall is not helping anybody.

Looking forward to the driver contract announcments and seeing who will be going where.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: August 11, 2010 04:04PM
Posted by: Twigster151
Another great race for Raikkonen and Coulthards 4th place is an added bonus

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: August 11, 2010 04:11PM
Posted by: burazel
this race was a nightmare for our team. we beleive that we should forget it and look to the future.

an important point is that; our drivers perform well in practice and qualifying sessions, but usually strugles in the race. for the 2004 driver choice, we should consider this issue. if this problem continues, we may change our driver line up.

we'll wait and see...
Date: August 11, 2010 04:18PM
Posted by: Chris2k6
Latest News

Minardi Manager re-appears

Minardi Manager mclarenaustrlia appeared in Canada ahead of the teams race. It was rumoured that Minardi were in search for a new manager but the appearence has re-affirmed his position as team boss. However Minardi have warned that he will have to show a little more interest in the team if it is to survive the hard times that the team are going through

Ferrari announce MDBSnake as New Manager

Following the sacking of redbulljack14, Ferrari have announced the new manager to take them on and into the future. MDBSnake had missed out on a team by just a few hours at the start of the season, but will now get the chance with one of the biggest names in motorsport. It is yet to be seen what the new managers plans are for the team, who have not signed any drivers for next season.

Glock to join F1

Timo Glock will be joining the F1 scene next season with the Toyota outfit. Glock has been in impressive form this season and is one of the up and coming stars with a bright future ahead of him. The deal thought to be around £5m went through in Canada, but it is yet to be seen if Toyota will put him in a race seat or a test role.

Massa to join Glock

Massa is the second driver to sign for Toyota for 2004. Toyota won the race ahead of Jaguar and Arrows who were all in the chase. It is thought that Toyota and Arrows had offered a similar offer of £10m but Massa had opted to drive for Toyota (Picked out of a hat between the two). The young Brazilian has been at Ferrari this season but has not had a run out in the car. It is yet to be seen weather this lack of experience will affect his pace next season and if Toyota can persuade Ferrari to try Massa out in Friday Practice sessions this season

Wurz Impresses Arrows

Alex Wurz has finally found a seat for next season after agreeing to join the Arrows team. The Austrian had sat in for Coulthard at Monaco, and with a good hard drive he impressed Arrows enough for them to offer him a £7m contract. BAR were hoping to have him partner R Schumacher next season but weren't willing to pay the same kind of money that Arrows had offered.

Panis encourages Zonta

Olivier Panis has encouraged Zonta to make a great start when he jumps into the race seat for Toyota at the Nurburgring for round 9. The move comes after Toyota announced Zonta would replace Da Matta. Panis has scored Toyota's only points this season as they recover from a slow start. "I hope Ricardo can settle straight into the race seat and help me score points for the team. Da Matta still has an important role at the team and still has a point to prove" said Panis. The future of all three looks uncertain as Toyota announced Massa and Glock for next season.

Sauber wait to make announcement

Sauber have decided to delay the announcement of their new manager. The decision comes after JohnWarrington was sacked after going AWOL from the team. A spokesperson had the following to say "We are awaiting confirmation from a candidate, once we get a reply we will let you know"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 04:35PM by Chris2k6.
Date: August 11, 2010 04:21PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Jordan News:

Ralph Firman is to be demoted to test driver with immediate effect. The press office have provided the statement 'We are sad that we haven't been able to provide Ralph and Giancarlo with the best equipment, but when the car hasn't had problems Ralph just hasn't performed to our expectations.'

Jordan have confirmed that Satoshi Motoyama will take the seat for the next race as he impressed the management team with his practice showing in Canada. Zsolt Baumgartner has also been promised some races.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: August 11, 2010 05:09PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
Toyota Overjoyed at new signings

Toyota team manager Captinfranko held a press conference on the eve on the Canadian Grand Prix to welcome new signings Felipe Massa and Timo Glock to Toyota for 2004. With the drivers sitting either side of him Captinfranko went onto say that, "The signing of these two young drivers may be seen by some as a risk but I know they are both very talented and have a lot to give. I think it also shows our intention here at Toyota, we are committed fully to bringing through young talent and I believe that we have one of the best pairings for next year." Captinfranko also confirmed that Glock and Massa would both be race drivers for 2004. However would not be drawn on the future of current drivers Panis, Da Matta and Zonta (Who has been promoted to second race driver for the next event) but said that an announcement would not be made anytime soon.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 05:11PM by CaptinFranko.
Date: August 11, 2010 05:13PM
Posted by: Kenney
Honda statement

We're very happy with what we've seen from Takuma this race despite his retirement. We still need some more time to judge him because the qualifying was held on a wet track and his suspension failed in the race. Takuma will certainly be in the driving seat for the next two races. We can also confirm that Jacques won't be driving for us in 2004 because he's too expensive for us.
Date: August 11, 2010 05:16PM
Mixed Emotions For Arrows

"We are extreamly happy to have Alexander onboard with us for next season
and we look forward to this partenership helping the team move up the
constructors table"

"We are also quite upset at missing out on signing Massa to the team.
We feel that the process that was used was not the right one and a little
unfair and we will be discussing alternatives with the FIA to make sure this
sort of issue doesn't happen in the future."

Date: August 11, 2010 06:14PM
Posted by: JohnWarrington
Just saw that I was sacked =O I was without internet for 10 days and forgot to mention it on this thread (Did in GPGSL). If noone has taken Sauber i'd like to continue managing them.

Date: August 11, 2010 06:28PM
Sorry mate already arranged a replacement, and with no mention here then was forced to give your team away with such a large waiting list
Date: August 11, 2010 08:58PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
Statement from Ferrari

Maikel de Boer has been named as new manager "It's a though world out there, if you fail to meet the requirements it's soon the end of the story, hopefully I can keep the tifosi happy!". I was already pleased to see a double podium finish in Canada, next race we would like to be just one step higher up there!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: August 12, 2010 09:25AM
ROUND 9 - EUROPEAN GRAND PRIX - FRIDAY PRACTICE AND QUALIFYING

We return to Europe for round 9 of the F1 season. Raikkonen won in Canada to take the lead in the drivers championship, but McLaren couldn't close the gap on constructor leaders Ferrari. Ferrari are now under new management and it remains to be seen how they react to the management change. Let's have a look how the teams got on in friday practice

Montoya struggled in Friday Practice after spinning on his out lap

A look at the full rundown of friday practice

Setup Reward

1. BAR +0.537
2. Minardi +0.198
3. Williams -0.095
4. Sauber -0.166
5. Ferrari -0.231
6. Jaguar -0.247

And so we move onto qualifying, and it was Williams who looked the strongest with R Schumacher taking pole

R Schumacher taking pole

A look at the starting positions for all the 22 drivers
Date: August 12, 2010 09:32AM
Posted by: senna9194
Well done Ralf!Our drivers are costantly in the Top 10.I'm really happy of that:-)

My GPGSL Career
Date: August 12, 2010 09:37AM
Posted by: burazel
again we got our regular positon with 7th and 8th place, which shows currently we are the 4th team.
let's see if we can secure a strong race or strugle in the race pace...
Date: August 12, 2010 10:17AM
I know as manager of a team I probly should know where I am, but I don't :)

What track are we at?

Date: August 12, 2010 10:25AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Nürburgring, I believe.

Motoyama's done well, outqualifying both Toyotas. CaptinFranko won't be pleased.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: August 12, 2010 12:58PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
too right I'm not...thats awful. 17th and 18th just shows why I have chosen to sign two new drivers next year

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: August 12, 2010 01:09PM
Nurburgring is correct

ROUND 9 - EUROPEAN GRAND PRIX - RACE

Well yesterday saw Williams looking the stongest after taking pole with R Schumacher. Title contenders M Schumacher and Raikkonen were slightly further back then they would have liked, can they make their way to the front? The race also see's a race debut for Motoyama in the Jordan and the first race of the season for Ricardo Zonta in the 2nd Toyota. Let's join the drivers on the starting grid as we move into the 2nd half of the season

59/59 The lights go out and the cars scream into action. And look at the first four cars, all in line with eachother, surely they can't all fit into the first corner! And they can't as Montoya is squeezed in between Coulthard and his team mate R Schumacher. Both Williams take to the air as Coulthard spins. Montoya lands heavy but seems ok but R Schumacher has flipped and ripped his car apart. He's out, Coulthard is now 21st and Montoya is running in 15th. M Schumacher leads the race! Further around the lap and Wilson can't slow down enough and ends up punting his team mate Verstappen. Verstappen is out while Wilson will have to pit for a new front wing

57/59 Barrichello makes a mistake and is now 19th after running in 4th

56/59 Barrichello is off again, along with Bernoldi. Barrichello rejoins while it looks like Bernoldi has beached it ending his race

55/59 Panis passes Sato to take 9th

54/59 Panis carries on his charge, passing Fisichella for 8th

53/59 A lap later and he's past Frentzen for 7th, although he was lucky after getting side ways passing him. Montoya's drive from the back takes a blow as he spins, sending him back to 17th from 13th

48/59 A look at the top 8 after over 10 laps of racing

41/59 Trulli, Panis, Alonso and M Schumacher are all on 2 stop strategies and begin their stops

38/59 Button spins in 9th. Looks like he's stalled it and he's out of the race

36/59 A look at the top 8 after those stops and M Schumacher still leads

35/59 Alonso passes Heidfeld to take 4th. Motoyama is in the pits early with a brake problem

31/59 Zonta spins off dropping him down to 17th from 14th

28/59 Coulthard passes Fisichella and moves into a point position

27/59 Drivers on a one stop strategy begin their stops

21/59 A look at the top 8 with those stops complete. Zonta is back in the pits, also with a brake problem

20/59 More bad news for Toyota as Panis pulls out of 8th with a loose wheel, however he did still need to pit for his 2nd stop

17/59 Drivers on a 2 stop strategy begin their 2nd stops

15/59 There seems to be confusion in the Renault garage as both drivers come in at the same time to make their final stops. That has cost Alonso a lot of time

13/59 A look at the top 8 after those pit stops

10/59 Montoya passes Sato for 10th

8/59 Heart ache for Jaguar as Webber pulls out of 6th with a blown engine. They must be devastated after all the hard work. Fisichella moves into 8th as a result

6/59 Alonso is putting in the hard work to recover from that pit as he passes Heidfeld to retake 4th. Bernoldi pits from 14th with a loose wheel. Frentzen makes a mistake losing him a position from 7th to Fisichella

3/59 Montoya moves into the points with a pass on Frentzen

2/59 It looks like McLaren have messed up their pit stops as both Raikkonen and Coulthard pit to take on more fuel

1/59 Well in all my years of F1 i have never seen anything like this. Looks like McLaren weren't the only ones. I don't know if the track conditions have changed or what, but Barrichello, Montoya, Heidfeld and Frentzen have all pulled off the track after running out of fuel! They won't score any points! Unbelievable

0/59 M Schumacher crosses the line just before running out of fuel! What is going on? Fisichella crosses the line in 5th also before running out of fuel! I have never seen anything like this before

Race Results

Europe - Nurburgring
(59 Laps)

Pos Driver Time/Speed

1st Michael Schumacher 1h 32m 26.326s
Ferrari-
2nd Jarno Trulli +52.809s
Renault-
3rd Kimi Raikkonen +58.965s
McLaren-Mercedes
4th Fernando Alonso +1m 31.464s
Renault-
5th Giancarlo Fisichella -1 Lap
Jordan-Ford
6th Takuma Sato -1 Lap
BAR-Honda
7th David Coulthard -1 Lap
McLaren-Mercedes
8th Antonio Pizzonia -1 Lap
Jaguar-Cosworth
9th Satoshi Motoyama -1 Lap
Jordan-Ford
10th Nick Heidfeld -2 Laps
Sauber-Petronas
11th Juan Pablo Montoya -2 Laps
Williams-BMW
12th Rubens Barrichello -2 Laps
Ferrari-
13th Heinz-Harald Frentzen -2 Laps
Sauber-Petronas
14th Justin Wilson -2 Laps
Minardi-Cosworth
15th Ricardo Zonta -2 Laps
Toyota-
16th Enrique Bernoldi -2 Laps
Arrows-Cosworth
17th Mark Webber Engine
Jaguar-Cosworth
18th Olivier Panis Loose Wheel
Toyota-
19th Jenson Button Didn't Finish
BAR-Honda
20th Alex Yoong Didn't Finish
Arrows-Cosworth
21st Jos Verstappen Didn't Finish
Minardi-Cosworth
22nd Ralf Schumacher Didn't Finish
Williams-BMW

Fastest Lap - Raikkonen - 1m31.716
DOTD - M Schumacher - Fantastic start, and the only one of the four going into that first corner to get through cleanly, only to go on and dominate
Date: August 12, 2010 01:15PM
Standings

WDC

1. M Schumacher 69
2. Raikkonen 67
3. Barrichello 47
4. Trulli 30
5. Montoya 26
=. Coulthard 26
7. R Schumacher 23
8. Alonso 18
9. Heidfeld 9
10. Fisichella 8
11. Button 7
12. Panis 6
13. Wurz 5
14. Bernoldi 3
=. Sato 3
16. Verstappen 2
17. Webber 1
=. Pizzonia 1

WCC

1. Ferrari 116
2. McLaren 98
3. Williams 49
4. Renault 48
5. BAR 10
6. Sauber 9
7. Jordan 8
8. Toyota 6
9. Arrows 3
10. Minardi 2
11. Jaguar 2

Wins

Raikkonen 4
M Schumacher 4
Barrichello 1

DOTD

M Schumacher 3
Raikkonen 1
Barrichello 1
Heidfeld 1
Montoya 1
Alonso 1
Trulli 1

Fastest Race Lap

Raikkonen 4
M Schumacher 2
Montoya 2
R Schumacher 1

Poles

Coulthard 2
M Schumacher 2
Raikkonen 2
R Schumacher 2
Montoya 1
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy