F1 Manager 2004 Season

Posted by Chris2k6 
Re: F1 Manager 2003 Season
Date: August 08, 2010 07:34PM
Posted by: kizz
Again another two disappointing races for Jaguar, It looks like the team will have alot of work to do to improve for next season
Date: August 08, 2010 08:39PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
What happened to Fisichella? He seemed to be in for some points...and Firman had an oil leak. Not a good weekend.

Firman has the next race to prove himself or he may very well be replaced. Can Motoyama do the practice for the next race just to see where he is in terms of pace?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: August 08, 2010 09:08PM
Posted by: Chris2k6
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What happened to Fisichella? He seemed to be in
> for some points...and Firman had an oil leak. Not
> a good weekend.
>
> Firman has the next race to prove himself or he
> may very well be replaced. Can Motoyama do the
> practice for the next race just to see where he is
> in terms of pace?

I mentioned in the race report that drivers who stopped early seemed to gain an advantage over those who stayed out a bit longer. Fisichella was one of those who stayed out longer then other drivers. Just bad luck really

Yeah i shall stick Motoyama in for Canadian practice. Don't know when the next race will be yet, got work for the next 4 days then off down south for the weekend before 5 more days of work. Might be able to do one race this week :-D
Date: August 08, 2010 11:07PM
Posted by: Kenney
As anounced, Takuma Sato will drive in Canada. To see if he can do a better job than Villeneuve.
Date: August 09, 2010 06:53AM
Posted by: burazel
we are pleased to get points where we were not very strong. Again we can score points with only our ıne drivers, so we must find a solution to this problem.
Date: August 10, 2010 12:44AM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
Will there be the chance to change liveries in future seasons or not. If I want to put my test driver in for a race weekend do I have to send pm or request on here?

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: August 10, 2010 08:13AM
Liveries will follow the seasons, unless you want to change the tyre sponsor or engine label etc. If you want to stick your test driver in a race seat then just announce it here or in a pm mate. Hope that helps
Date: August 11, 2010 08:48AM
Ok there are 3 manager positions availsble after the former managers failed to show before the deadline. That's Ferrari Sauber and Minardi. Should I open this to the current managers or give them to the next three managers on the waiting list, which would most likely save time and would probs be fairer as a lot of the current managers have made signings for next week

racing should resume today. Should get two more races done at the weekend but then I'm moving so racing may slow slightly for the final 6 races
Date: August 11, 2010 08:50AM
Posted by: msater
If you give them to people on the waiting list, I'd be 2nd...hmm.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: August 11, 2010 09:07AM
Yes you certainly would move up to 2nd, and they may have lost interest so you could get a manager place even sooner...
Date: August 11, 2010 09:42AM
ROUND 8 - CANADIAN GRAND PRIX - FRIDAY PRACTICE AND QUALIFYING

The F1 teams moved out of Europe and into North America for round 8 of the F1 season. The destination, Montreal Canada. Lets see how the teams done in friday practice

Setup Reward Results

1. Arrows +1.582
2. Sauber -0.045
3. BAR -0.131
4. McLaren -0.181
5. Minardi -0.189
6. Williams -0.214

After that we move straight into qualifying. Conditions had very much changed and Raikkonen got an early lap in to take pole. Teams who left it later in the session such as BAR saw their drivers struggle. M Schumacher also hit traffic and will start 9th as a result

Raikkonen taking pole

A full rundown of the starting grid

Race may be up later on in the day/evening
Date: August 11, 2010 09:46AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
I'm here Chris2k6. I would like to know what that orange stuff coming out of our car was :P. Disappointing (but not surprising) season so far.
Date: August 11, 2010 09:58AM
Posted by: burazel
the best qualifying result so far in this season, thanks god for the rain :D
since we are not very fast in the race pace, we know it will be very difficult to make a podium finish in the race. if it will rain again in the race, everything can be possible.
so instead of victory, we must focus on a strong race to score points with our both cars.
Date: August 11, 2010 11:19AM
Posted by: Twigster151
Another good quali for Raikkonen and a nice comeback for Coulthard as well. Looking forward to this race :-)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: August 11, 2010 11:33AM
Posted by: senna9194
nice qualify as always:-)

My GPGSL Career
Date: August 11, 2010 12:02PM
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm here Chris2k6. I would like to know what that
> orange stuff coming out of our car was :P.
> Disappointing (but not surprising) season so far.

Mate where have you been? You missed the deadline, you can have one more chance, but you need to be replying more to races and you need to check out the 2004 signing thread
Date: August 11, 2010 12:12PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Not a great qualifying session, but now I have a dilemma. I now have two fairly equal testers and therefore I have no idea who Firman could be replaced with, if he is still going slowly.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: August 11, 2010 12:34PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
Toyota Announcement - After qualifying, Toyota team boss Captinfranko announced that the team test driver Ricardo Zonta would take the place of Christiano Da Matta for the next race. "Christiano will race in Canada but we are going to give Ricardo a go for the next round to see if he can coax anymore out of the car"

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: August 11, 2010 03:43PM
Posted by: Kenney
Disappointing qualy of Takuma, but the conditions weren't ideal for his first qualifying. Let's see how he does in race.
Date: August 11, 2010 03:46PM
ROUND 8 - CANADIAN GP - RACE

Yesterday's qualifying saw heavy rain after Friday's warm sunshine. Once again the weather had changed and the forecasts all seemed to suggest a dry sunny day. But how would that affect the teams and their setups for the race. Let's head down to the circuit for the start of round 8 of the formula 1 season.

69/69 The drivers are ready for the start of the grand prix. The lights go out and they are go go go. Raikkonen leads into the first corner followed by Trulli

68/69 Frentzen tries a move on Pizzonia for 14th but makes a mistake and spins. He's now dead last

67/69 Not a good start for Renault as Trulli enters the pits with throttle problems. He'd had a great start and was lapping right on the pace with Raikkonen

66/69 M Schumacher begins his battle to the front by passing Heidfeld for 7th. It's another retirement for underfire Jordan driver Ralph Firman. He was 15th but a blown engine has ended his race.

65/69 More bad news for Renault as Alonso makes a mistake and spins. By the time he gets it back facing the right way he's down to 21st from 6th. Renault manager Burazel must be disapointed after such a strong qualifying

60/69 Sato's debut is going well as the Japanese driver moves into 13th passing Da Matta

59/69 The other Toyota of Panis looks strong today as he moves into the points and past Webber. A look at the top 8 after 10 laps

54/69 Sato has moved up another position and into 12th, after passing Pizzonia

53/69 What a shame, Sato has pulled off track with suspension failure, maybe he was trying too hard and riding those curbs

50/69 R Schumacher and Verstappen are on 2 stop strategies and begin their stops

49/69 Alonso has been piling on the pressure on Bernoldi and that shows as Bernoldi makes a mistake coming out of the corner and hits the wall, crashing out of 18th

47/69 A look at the top 8 after R Schumacher's pit stop

45/69 R Schumacher begins moving back up the pack as he passes Panis for 7th

43/69 Another mistake by Alonso as he tries to pass Yoong

37/69 Drivers begin making their pit stops

35/69 R Schumacher passes Heidfeld for 4th, both still need to pit

34/69 Ferrari mechanics cheer as they get M Schumacher out ahead of Coulthard

32/69 It's a double retirement for Jordan as Fisichella pulls out of 12th with a puncture

31/69 A look at the top 8 with R Schumacher and Verstappen still to make their 2nd stops

29/69 Webber's chances of points are destroyed as he is forced back into the pits with brake problems dropping him from 9th to 16th

28/69 Looks like BAR may have set their suspension too soft as Button pulls out of 9th with suspension failure, just like team mate Sato

27/69 Verstappen is the next to have problems in 9th, he pulls off with Transmission problems, he did need to make his 2nd stop however. R Schumacher makes his 2nd stop of the race

25/69 A look at the top 8 after R Schumacher's pit

13/69 Webber spins and is back down to 16th from 14th. Bad news for Williams as Montoya's day comes to an early end with a transmission problem. That promotes Trulli up into 8th

12/69 Pizzonia retires from 10th with an oil leak

10/69 A look at the top 8 with 10 laps remaining

7/69 Wilson is having problems with his brakes and enters the pits from 11th to try and sort it out

0/69 Raikkonen has dominated this race and wins ahead of the two Ferrari's

Race Results

Canada - Montreal
(69 Laps)

Pos Driver Time/Speed

1st Kimi Raikkonen 1h 28m 19.833s
McLaren-Mercedes
2nd Rubens Barrichello +14.713s
Ferrari-
3rd Michael Schumacher +16.178s
Ferrari-
4th David Coulthard +25.836s
McLaren-Mercedes
5th Ralf Schumacher +26.183s
Williams-BMW
6th Olivier Panis +52.685s
Toyota-
7th Nick Heidfeld +54.923s
Sauber-Petronas
8th Jarno Trulli +1m 01.769s
Renault-
9th Christian Da Matta -1 Lap
Toyota-
10th Heinz-Harald Frentzen -1 Lap
Sauber-Petronas
11th Alex Yoong -1 Lap
Arrows-Cosworth
12th Fernando Alonso -1 Lap
Renault-
13th Mark Webber -1 Lap
Jaguar-Cosworth
14th Justin Wilson -1 Lap
Minardi-Cosworth
15th Antonio Pizzonia Oil Leak
Jaguar-Cosworth
16th Juan Pablo Montoya Transmission
Williams-BMW
17th Jos Verstappen Transmission
Minardi-Cosworth
18th Jenson Button Suspension
BAR-Honda
19th Giancarlo Fisichella Puncture
Jordan-Ford
20th Enrique Bernoldi Didn't Finish
Arrows-Cosworth
21st Takumo Sato Suspension
BAR-Honda
22nd Ralph Firman Engine
Jordan-Ford

DOTD - Trulli - Made a good recovery from a problem which wasn't his fault, compared to his team mate who struggled to recover from an early spin

Fastest Lap - R Schumacher - 1m15.846
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy