F1 Manager 2004 Season

Posted by Chris2k6 
Re: F1 Manager 2003 Season
Date: August 07, 2010 11:17AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Another strong Fisi performance (shame about the spin) and no reliability issues. :)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2010 12:41PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: August 07, 2010 11:18AM
Posted by: senna9194
Chris2k6 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Latest News
> Managers going AWOL?
>
> Certain managers are being watched after it seems
> their activity in their teams have droped.
> Managers are reminded that if they go away for a
> certain amount of time then they should let the
> FIA know or make an announcement. Failure to do
> this and lack of interest will result in managers
> being sacked and new managers instated.

surely that isn't me;)

My GPGSL Career
Date: August 07, 2010 11:54AM
Posted by: Chris2k6
Nope, just a couple who I haven't heard from a little while...

You and about 5 others are checking often which is what I'm after
Date: August 07, 2010 12:18PM
Posted by: Macca25
AN INTERESTING SNIPPET FROM AN ARTICLE IN THE PAPERS

In a recent article, Arrows team priciple Nathan McGregor has expressed interest in McLaren test driver Alexander Wurz.

"We understand that he will be getting a drive in Monaco after David's horrible accident at the A1 Ring,
so we will be watching him carfully and assess our options in the following weeks."

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: August 07, 2010 12:22PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
hi all i am back from holiday now, apologies for absence, I cant believe we are on round 5/6 already!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: August 07, 2010 12:58PM
Yeah the idea is to blast through 2003 so then we can focus on 2004 and how your choices affect your team etc
Date: August 07, 2010 01:25PM
Posted by: burazel
great job fernando.

finally he showed his class. with a good start and better strategy, he scored our second podium. with this performance, he can secure his seat for the next races.

jarno could not focus his race and we must find the reasons for this. if we want to catch williams for thid place on WCC, we must take points with our both drivers.

with these podiums, we are optimistic for the future of our team.
Date: August 07, 2010 06:57PM
Posted by: Twigster151
Great win for Raikkonen :-) but shame about Coulthard :(

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: August 07, 2010 08:07PM
Posted by: Kenney
BAR Statement

After failing to score again in Austria, Villeneuve will be dropped for the GP after Monaco. It's still unknown if he will resume his seat after Takuma has gotten his chance. He will still drive for Monaco and he is really fired up to try and show us that he's not a bad driver. Putting Takuma in for the Monacese Grand Prix would be a huge risk.
Date: August 08, 2010 11:41AM
CaptinFranko Wrote:
> hi all i am back from holiday now, apologies for
> absence, I cant believe we are on round 5/6
> already!

Make sure you check the signings thread to make signings for 2004

I done Monaco practice n qualy yday, I'll stick it up later when I get home
Date: August 08, 2010 03:28PM
ROUND 7 - MONACO GP - FRIDAY PRACTICE AND QUALIFYING

We travel to the streets of Monte Carlo for round 7 of the 2003 season. McLaren will have to continue the title challenge without their Scot David Coulthard. Alex Wurz steps up to the plate, hoping for a strong race to impress McLaren and Arrows, who have announced their interest in the driver. Without a third driver McLaren would not be eligble for the setup reward this weekend. Also struggling in practice was Villeneuve, who suffered from Transmission problems. JV is under pressure from his team BAR to improve, after a pointless start to the season. It is expected the canadian will be replaced for his home grand prix.

Villeneuve coming to a hault on track after setting a time

Practice times

Setup Reward

1. Arrows +0.135
2. Sauber +0.006
3. Ferrari -0.136
4. Minardi -0.162
5. Williams -0.212
6. Renault -0.313

Qualifying saw trouble for Verstappen as he stopped on track, but luckily he got a lap in

Schumacher took pole ahead of team mate Barrichello

Wurz seems to impress after out qualifying team mate Raikkonen. A look at the rest of the times
Date: August 08, 2010 03:53PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Great qualifying by Fisi again. (insert Firman complaint here) :)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: August 08, 2010 04:24PM
Posted by: msater
Hey Chris, could I be put on the waiting list for this series, please?

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: August 08, 2010 05:11PM
Posted by: Alesi no1
^me too..great idea this am well hooked!:)
Date: August 08, 2010 06:03PM
Posted by: burazel
we are pleased to see one of our car is in top 6. qualifying results are important in these street tracks and we hope fernando get valuable points. Also we are optimistic for jarno, with a better strategy and reliable car he can also get point.
Date: August 08, 2010 06:30PM
Alesi no1 you are 4th on the waiting list as you sent me a pm yesterday about it, msater you are 5th. I will let you's know when a space becomes available

ROUND 7 - MONACO GRAND PRIX - RACE

Ferrari qualified first and second in qualifying, positions that are hugely important around the streets of Monte Carlo as passing oppertunities are few. But could the red machines bring another win for Ferrari. Let's join them on the starting grid

78/78 M Schumacher leads team mate Barrichello into the first corner

76/78 The first retirement of the day belongs to Bernoldi as he retires from 21st with transmission problems

72/78 Pizzonia has the same problem 4 laps later and retires from 17th

68/78 A look at the top 8 after 10 laps. M Schumacher is shooting ahead

64/78 Button has an electrical problem and has to pit from 15th

55/78 Da Matta is out of 15th with a suspension problem. Raikkonen, Alonso, Trulli and M Schumacher are all on two stops and begin their first stops

51/78 A look at the top 8 after those stops

43/78 It's another retirement for Firman as he pulls out of 13th with an Oil Leak

40/78 M Schumacher moves past his team mate Barrichello to retake the lead

36/78 Verstappen also has an oil leak and retires from 14th. Drivers on a 1 stop strategy begin their stops

35/78 Trulli crashes out of 17th. Looks like a loose wheel casued that crash

22/78 A look at the top 8 after those stops. Webber still needs to make his one and only stop. The big change though is Montoya has managed to get out ahead of Barrichello. Yet again another pit stop tactic from Williams that has worked. Infact the drivers who pitted earlier seem to have gained an advantage, Panis is waiting to enter the points in 9th.

21/78 Looks like Webber is holding up a few drivers as his tyres must really be suffering now. He should pit in the next lap or so

20/78 Drivers on a two stop strategy begin their second and final stops as well as Webber making his only stop of the race

17/78 It's a double retirement for Arrows as Yoong pulls off in 15th with an electrical problem

10/78 A look at the top 8 after those stops and with just 10 laps to go. As you can see Alonso is right infront of M Schumacher and under threat of being lapped

9/78 Heartache for Williams again! Montoya is going slowly up the hill as Barrichello passes him. He's forced into the pits from 2nd to fix an electrical problem. He leaves the pits down in 5th!

0/78 M Schumacher brings it home to win yet again and give Ferrari a 1-2 finish! Michael has been on a different planet today driving that car and getting every last inch out of it. Supurb

Race Results

Monaco - Monte-Carlo
(78 Laps)

Pos Driver Time/Speed

1st Michael Schumacher 1h 41m 49.634s
Ferrari-
2nd Rubens Barrichello +34.918s
Ferrari-
3rd Ralf Schumacher +41.243s
Williams-BMW
4th Alexander Wurz +43.045s
McLaren-Mercedes
5th Juan Pablo Montoya +58.069s
Williams-BMW
6th Fernando Alonso +1m 16.413s
Renault-
7th Olivier Panis -1 Lap
Toyota-
8th Nick Heidfeld -1 Lap
Sauber-Petronas
9th Jacques Villeneuve -1 Lap
BAR-Honda
10th Giancarlo Fisichella -1 Lap
Jordan-Ford
11th Heinz-Harald Frentzen -1 Lap
Sauber-Petronas
12th Mark Webber -1 Lap
Jaguar-Cosworth
13th Kimi Raikkonen -1 Lap
McLaren-Mercedes
14th Jenson Button -1 Lap
BAR-Honda
15th Justin Wilson -1 Lap
Minardi-Cosworth
16th Alex Yoong Electrical
Arrows-Cosworth
17th Jarno Trulli Loose Wheel
Renault-
18th Jos Verstappen Oil Leak
Minardi-Cosworth
19th Ralph Firman Oil Leak
Jordan-Ford
20th Christian Da Matta Suspension
Toyota-
21st Antonio Pizzonia Transmission
Jaguar-Cosworth
22nd Enrique Bernoldi Transmission
Arrows-Cosworth

DOTD - M Schumacher - goes without saying
Fastest Lap - Montoya - 1m16.582
Date: August 08, 2010 06:34PM
Posted by: Twigster151
Great driver from Wurz but what happened to Raikkonen???

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: August 08, 2010 06:36PM
Standings

WDC

1. M Schumacher 53
2. Raikkonen 51
3. Barrichello 39
4. Montoya 26
5. Trulli 21
6. Coulthard 19
=. R Schumacher 19
8. Alonso 13
9. Button 7
=. Heidfeld 7
11. Wurz 5
12. Fisichella 4
13. Bernoldi 3
=. Panis 3
15. Verstappen 2
16. Webber 1

WCC

1. Ferrari 92
2. McLaren 75
3. Williams 45
4. Renault 34
5. BAR 7
=. Sauber 7
7. Jordan 4
8. Arrows 3
=. Toyota 3
10. Minardi 2
11. Jaguar 1

Wins

Raikkonen 3
M Schumacher 3
Barrichello 1

DOTD

M Schumacher 2
Raikkonen 1
Barrichello 1
Heidfeld 1
Montoya 1
Alonso 1

Fastest Race Lap

Raikkonen 3
M Schumacher 2
Montoya 2

Poles

Coulthard 2
M Schumacher 2
R Schumacher 1
Raikkonen 1
Montoya 1
Date: August 08, 2010 06:39PM
Twigster151 Wrote:
> Great driver from Wurz but what happened to
> Raikkonen???

2 stop strategy wrecked his race really. Got held up by Fisichella early on, then after first stop he got stuck in the mid pack and unable to pass
Date: August 08, 2010 06:51PM
LATEST NEWS

Coulthard glad to be back

David Coulthard will step back into a formula one car for the Canadian Grand Prix. The McLaren driver has been given the go-ahead to return to racing after his horrifying crash at Austria. That's good news for the British outfit after they struggled in Monaco with Wurz picking up the teams only points. The Scot had this to say in an interview, "I can't wait to get back in the car, i've got two poles this season so far and i hope can get more and start winning races. Alex (Wurz) done a supurb job in the car this weekend and he should be happy with his performance".

R Schumacher on the move

R Schumacher has signed a one year contract with BAR. The move comes after Button announced he was moving to Jordan next season. Williams were hoping to hold onto him but weren't prepared to offer the £11m that BAR have stumped up for the German's services. Rumours are already sturing in the paddock as to who Williams will draft in to replace him

Manager jobs on the brink

Three managers are all on the brink of losing their jobs early on in the season. After just 7 races Minardi boss mclarenaustralia, Ferrari boss redbulljack14 and Sauber boss JohnWarrington are all under pressure. The three have all been absent recently and without any known reason, they now have until Tuesday to make themselves known, otherwise the boot will be released and replacements will be found.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy