GPGSL Season 5- S6 CALENDAR VOTE RESULTS

Posted by GPGSL 
Bugatti cannot test their car within the series. However, a team on the entry list can do a private test and show screens. You have to wait until a slot becomes available to join the series, then the team will have GPGTV coverage during an event.
There are nine teams on the entry list, and it could take up to Season 9 or even longer for the last team to get onto the grid. SCR waited three seasons for a grid slot. I'll also restate the GPGSL's position on a league split, it will not happen as we do not have people to run it effectively.
I understand that people want to see their team on the grid, and having a team to compete with is probably the best part of the series. Due to the recent rule changes brought in by the GPGSL, we now have a lot of new teams and drivers on the grid, which is what a lot of you wanted, however, not everyone can be on the grid at once. So given the popularity of the series, we prefer it's longevity and quality over breaking it up to please just a few.
Now on with the show, I do believe GPGTV has something to offer. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Season 5 Round 1 Australian Grand Prix Free Practice

Welcome to the season opener, Round 1 at Albert Park, in downtown Melbourne Australia.
The biggest news is Blue Flame Motorsports did not get their cars shipped out of their factory in Italy in time for the test session. In fact the cars touched down at Avalon Airport an hour after the test session was completed.
BFM still ran it's test drivers, and they used the GPGSL Car of Shame, reserved for just such an occasion.
This season is looking to be a stellar one, a huge GPGSL make-over midway through Season 4 heralded huge changes for Season 5.
New teams, and new drivers, will compete for the coveted GPGSL WDC and WCC. Last years winners, international playboy Matt Houston,
and the now defunct Velox, reborn as Aston Martin Racing, will no doubt hotly contest the championship.
Enough talk, your Race Director for this event has brushed the cobwebs off the console, garnered a fresh plate of donuts and a cup of tea, finger poised on the green light button.
And its all go in Melbourne as pit lane is now open.

First a look at the AMR garage, where test driver Maverick prepares to go out onto the track.

Pit lane is quiet, who will be first out onto the track today?

Southern Cross Racing takes the honours with rookie driver Michael Pedersen. Can the talented Danish driver bring home the pastry for the team? Rumours that Pedersen is exceptionally quick and fearless on track have yet to be proven.

Martini Paddock Racing debut their testing livery here at Melbourne today. The only team to have a different livery for testing, MPR are leaders
in trying out new ideas, of course thay have pots of money as well due to their excellent sponsors. MPR have signed the Season 4 champion, Matt Houston, so obviously they're filthy rich! Here we see the number one tester and team owner Dan Paddock in action.

Glen Shepard driving for True North on his out lap, passes the soccer ground.

AMR's number one test driver John Warrington, an experienced hand behind the wheel.

True North's team owner Dan Mills, aka the 'Millsotron' puts his car through its paces.

Another team owner, this time it's Philip Oakley, and he has the ignominious task of driving the GPGSL Car of Shame, because his cars did not make it from the factory in Italy in time for the test session.

Rookie driver John Maverick on track for AMR.

American driver Randy Winston, now testing for MPR.

Outspoken driver Paolo Tafuro crosses the start-finish line to begin his first hotlap of the season. Rumours are rife in the paddock that Tafuro, owner of Tafuro GP, is well connected to the Italian Mafiosi, and concrete shoes could well be the footwear of the day!

Onboard with Alpha Racing Team's Jack Elleker.

Italian English Dynamics has signed Stuart Ingers as their number one test driver for season five. Ingers has brought out his grandad, Ernie B Mudcake from the 'Old Dart' for this event. Unfortunately the old chap spent last night in the lock-up for drunk and disorderly after a night out on the town with the grid-girls! More news on that scandalous story as it comes to hand.

The first times are coming in and SCR's number two test driver, Chris Copeman crosses the line in fourteenth place.

First run times are in, as we get a shot of Will Ward, tester for TGP. SCR's Michael Pedersen is quickest with a laptime of 1:35.443

Maikel de Boer, owner of Snake Motorsports and renowned chassis designer for the GPGSL, tests his own car, currently running a respectable tenth.

Another rookie, Nick Worseling from the Netherlands, not all that far off the pace.

Pedersen returns to the pits, having brought home the danish pastry for SCR!

Team owner Ricardo van Smirren, driving his own car. The only team this season to not change their livery, will we see an upgrade later in the season? I hope so, this one always makes me hungry!

Poetry in motion.

Brazilian driver Juliano Muller debuts for ART today.

SCR's number two tester Chris Copeman down in seventeenth.

Joel Henrique, IED's number two tester in action.

ART's Jack Elleker inside the top ten.

Pedersen out to impress, as he shaves a couple of tenths off his previous time.

Back in the SCR garage.

TNR's Glen Shepard, down in nineteenth place.

That ends the GPGTV coverage of the test session from Albert Park. GPGTV apologises in advance if your car or driver did not make the coverage for this event.
Stay tuned for the official results from the GPGSL. GPGTV hopes that you have enjoyed the true to form totally crap motor-sport coverage of this event.
GPGTV will be back soon to cover the Australian Grand Prix.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 01:51PM by mortal.
GPGSL Round 1 Australian Grand Prix Free Practice Official Results

News Report

Season 4 Champion Matt Houston has made his first trip into the Albert Park track.
Living just 40 minutes from the track means there was no great big celebration at the airport.
He worked today in the MPR garage helping the test driver's tweaking the car.
He was seen leaving the track, his destination, unknown.

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Understood, we will just watch the race, I hope we can get into the paddock :P.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 02:03PM by mortal.
W00t! SCR fastest in free practice!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Great start of the new season, 2nd en 7th. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
GPGSL Round 2 Le Mans 'Petit Sarthe'

Team owners and drivers can now submit their boost requests to the GPGSL for Round 2.
The GPGSL invites participants in the league to run an event as a guest Race Director. Two Race Directors are required for Round 2. Send mortal a pm if you'd like to nominate for an event.

12th's not too bad for a start, well done to Micheal for being fastest, hopefully that sets us up well for the rest of the weekend.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

decent result for nathan. i hope that showed the true performance of our car. a top ten result in the qualification would be a awesome start

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 02:50PM by n00binio.
GPGSL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GPGSL Round 2 Le Mans 'Petit Sarthe'
>
> Team owners and drivers can now submit their boost
> requests to the GPGSL for Round 2.
> The GPGSL invites participants in the league to
> run an event as a guest Race Director. Two Race
> Directors are required for Round 2. Send mortal a
> pm if you'd like to nominate for an event.

What does a race director need to do?
Lovely jubbly! 5th and 9th is what we needed :D

Feels weird not to see the DXR on the grid this year haha.
Paolo Tafuro's statement after FP

"I'm really satisfied to get a 4th place in the end of this FP.Neither me is so sure of how i got it.Probably it's because i've been one of the most active drivers after GPGSL-S4's end,but getting behind two new drivers isn't really lovely;)Also,I would like to shut up every guy accused me of being mafioso;remember that the guy who started accusing me of being mafioso is Ricardo Van Smirren,that proved during our talks to be a Dutch Bot(like Google[Bot];))and to be racist.Also I remember everybody that I live in PUGLIA,not SICILIA,so I'm not related with any kind of mafiosa organization,neither with Sacra Corona Unita"

"After this session,I expect a lot for qualify.In TGP boxes we all will cross fingers and touch testicles,to bring Florian and Rodrigo the best luck we can give them.Also,I allowed some Napoletan mechanic to bring some Napoletan Horns."

Some of Napoletan Horns brought by TGP mechanics

"William's performance has been a bit disappointing,but after one season and half of absence isn't too bad;-)"

btw,why BFM car hasn't been took in time?VSM yes,and BFM not?;)

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 03:09PM by senna9194.
Great, Paolo!! 4th place on 1st race of TGP is maravellous!!! Tomorrow it's my time!! ;)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Rod_vs Scritto:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great, Paolo!! 4th place on 1st race of TGP is
> maravellous!!! Tomorrow it's my time!! ;)

yeah mate,tomorrow it's your and Florian's time!!Good luck both!!;)

just discovered that gpg forum supports Italian LOL

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 03:51PM by senna9194.
Hmmm, average. Would have preferred to have done a little better but its a decent start I suppose. We'll see how the car performs in quali then.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
John Maverick's statement after the FP in Melbourne

Well, I'm more or less satisfied with the result of today's practice. The first 15-20 minutes were great. The car was pretty good, better than I thought before driving the first round. And the 2nd place at this time was what I had hoped for. But then something really crazy happened. The more grip the track got, the worse the car became. Suddenly I wasn't able to go the pace of the other cars anymore. In addition to that I had some traffic and so there was little space for further improvement. JW (John Warrington) seemed to have the same problem. Falling from 4th to 15th isn't really fun. I have to talk to him so that we might be able to discover what exactly the problem was. But it seems that it is a problem with the car regarding downforce when the tire-conditions change.
I hope that the team will be able to find a solution already for the qualifying so that Nick and Adam will be able to fight for victory.
Sure I'm glad that I was able to get some points and finish in front of JW, but after the very promising start of the session I'm definitely a bit disappointed, too.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Sorry for the double post, but this one doesn't really fit in my press-release:

Just to ensure that once and for all, to whom do we have to send the boost requests this year, GPGSL-Account or Stu? The rules say Stu, the post says GPGSL...and last season it was the GPGSL although the rules said Stu. I suppose it's still the GPGSL-Account but I want to ensure it once more.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
SCR fastest, well done Michael, hope the car stays quick for the rest of the weekend.
Nice to have the season underway, good luck everyone!

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy