Pirelli tyres problem

Posted by GP4-fan 
Pirelli tyres problem
Date: March 27, 2011 06:22PM
Posted by: GP4-fan
Hey guys,
After a long time I decided to play GP4 again and update it to the new season with the Williams of Rubinho and Pirelli tyres. It looks pretty good, but the Pirelli tyres don't look that good. Take a look:

The lines of the old tyres still didn't dissapear. What could be the problem?

P.S.: with my cockpit cam I can race pretty fast but when I race with the T-cam, the game lags a bit. Does anyone has a golden tip to speed my game a bit up? A boost program, a tip in Windows, whatever that is possible?

Picture above: game lags
Picture here: game works fine

Regards

Other problem: how can I remove the table and the Pit text left above the screen and right under my screen? It's something to do with GPxPatch

And just a question: how do I update the steering wheel in the cockpit itself? Greetings

JUST TO SAY: MY RESPECT FOR THE WILLIAMS FW33 made by NickJW and Tiko, it looks great ingame and it's made as realistic as possible. Is there coming an update with the numeber 11 on the sidepod and the Williams logo/11 number on the front?

Again, regards
Re: Pirelli tyres problem
Date: March 27, 2011 08:53PM
Posted by: TheDarkListener
the stripes on the tyres cant disappear because you using the old shape...there are the stripes on the shape and not on the texture...you have to download the tyre shape for the new textures....
t-cam: you have to resize the textures of the car skins i think...
table: press m
pit text i believe strg+L

BMW Sauber Ferrari
Ferrari F10
Virgin Racing
Ferrari F150
Marussia Virgin Racing
Date: March 27, 2011 09:14PM
Posted by: neilcaine
You need to download the 2d advanced rims by Enzojz from the link below at gp4db, or the newer 2010 shape from the rsimpitstop page, if you use the 2010 shape, be sure to copy the rimbolt.tex file from the older set into the same folder as the 2010 shape because I don't think its included in the 2010 version of the wheels

[www.gp4db.com]

[rsimspitstop.forumotion.net]
Date: March 28, 2011 01:04AM
Posted by: ChrisJ
In T-Cam view try pressing "K" to disbable the official F1 screen overlays, this should have quite some impact on your framerate!

kind regards,
chris
Date: March 30, 2011 10:13PM
I installed the 2d rims and the tyre shape got even worse! what should I do?
Date: March 30, 2011 10:59PM
Posted by: neilcaine
try using Josekasts Pirelli treads and rims along with the 2d rims (make sure you have the rimbolt tex file, - I'm using this exact combination and tyres look fine, I can't think what else could be causing your problems, sorry
Date: March 31, 2011 10:08PM
Hello, Pirelli tyres working! Although they don't look perfect, what's the problem? It looks a bit crispy, here is a screen:

And I still didn't got rid of this pit info of GPxPatch, in the middle and right, on the downside of the picture:

It even got worse! Now my whole screen is full of info! Help me out of this please! Here is a pic:

Date: March 31, 2011 10:24PM
Posted by: gitanes
You can get rid of the pit-info by pressing Shift-L.

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Date: March 31, 2011 10:58PM
Posted by: gitanes
The info on your screen is activated because you pressed the "2"-key on your main keyboard.
You can deactivate it by pressing "0" (zero) on your main keyboard, NOT the keypad!

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Date: April 02, 2011 02:05PM
Thanks pal! But can anyone explain why the shape of my Pirelli tyres are so crispy?

And how can I adjust the steering wheel of my car INSIDE THE COCKPIT?

Thanks for all the responses guys, I stopped a year ago with GP4, so this is a bit my coomeback in GP4. I still now how to make wads and TeamEditor, CSM and all that stuff, so bring back the memories!
Date: April 02, 2011 09:32PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
I suggest you to use CSM mods (you can download the ZaZ Tools at www.gp4db.com and this tool is on), with this you can change various mods, tyres, helmets and cars more easy (in my opinion).

About the tyres you need to download the right shape to use the textures. At same site that I mention you can download the Enzojz wheels and I will help you with this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: April 03, 2011 11:14AM
Great! Thank you! I will send you a PM! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy