GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - Test Driver Vacancies! - Off Season - Shape poll results P193

Posted by Nickv 
Kev188 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, if there's a gap from some weeks, it´s easy
> to get new liveries on (maybe) the GP2 car...for
> me this W300 shape is totally outbidden so I think
> we need fresh wind!
> I really love this GP2 Template and I don´t
> think there´s a problem for a unique series even
> if we use this car!
> It´s not avoidable to use the livery from other
> real cars, but this happend in the W300 on the
> W300 shape this year too (Honda livery), so I
> personally vote for this GP2 shape.
> Nobody says the "new" W300 car is bad, but only
> chaging the wings doesn´t make it more
> interesting for me. And a new template could
> create more interesting designs. I´ve painted
> sooo much cars on this W300 shape and I´m nearly
> tired of it. So you know my decision ;)

I actually agree with most of that. But I still go for my original choice of WGP-01 or SMD-01. With that we add the GP2 shape too
Stoopid Wrote:
> Tom, the idea is to run with 2 shapes, the W300
> one and another and allow team owners to choose
> which they use. We had been looking at the old GP2
> shape but felt that no-one would use it because
> the W300 shape is far better. We had tried to find
> the new GP2 shape, but couldn't find it. If the
> shape that Skaaningen has posted in the GP4
> screenshots thread is available and we can get
> permission to use it then that would be great.

So, would we have the choice of W300 shape and GP2 shape or would it be an all new shape should the new GP2 shape be introduced.

I'm not opposed to the GP2 shape but would prefer a fantasy shape personally.

Official interview with c. hinz:

interviewer: the deal with double f was quite unexpected for everyone. what happened?
hinz: yeah, i didn't expect it either. i was contacted by the double f team boss who wanted to know if i was ready for a new challenge and obviously i was.

i: that is your first race seat. how does it feel?
h: great, really great. i makes me feel confident and i hope to transform that into some good results for ier in the last few practice sessions. after that i'll focus on racing for double f.

i: speaking of ier, what was mr gault's reaction:
h: ahh, he's a great guy. he already wished me all the best for season 3. i'm really happy that he gave me the chance to start my career at ier, so again, thank you ryan. i hope next season they can finish higher in the scoresheets than this season.

i: one last question: what are your goals for season 3?
i think i learned a lot in my first testing season but for sure it won't be enough. i think it would be wrong to have high expectations at the present moment. finishing as many races as possible and scoring some points is what i would like to achieve.

i: thanks a lot and good luck the ramaining races and for season 3

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
brunoboi Wrote:
> So, would we have the choice of W300 shape and GP2
> shape or would it be an all new shape should the
> new GP2 shape be introduced.
>
> I'm not opposed to the GP2 shape but would prefer
> a fantasy shape personally.

There will be two shapes, teams will have a choice of W300 shape or GP2 shape.

This is assuming we can get permission to use it.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Cant wait till the next race is :) Hope I will be able to get some better results before the end of the season :)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Right so currently we've got this in the listings

GP2 Shape
W300 Shape (Normal)
W300 Shape (09 Spec)
WGP-01
SMD-01

Anymore we get, i'll add onto the list and create a poll later tonight so everyone gets a view forward :)
Double F Press Release
-------------------------------
Before the Czech Republic GP will start, Florian has today announced a big deal. Something that nobody has expected. The current championship leader John Warrington will leave Shadow Subaru at the end of the current season and will join beside Christopher Hinz at Double F Racing Technology for season 3. "Somedays ago, when I had the interview with Ryan, I did say, it's really hard to catch a top-driver. Well, after I read, that John Warrington is looking for offers, I use the chance to give him a offer. And now it's done. He did say to me, that he wanted a new challenge and the challenge to bring Double F back to the top was very interesting for him, so he joined us."

Charrel Jalving, who drives for Matty Smith in the last races, will maybe join Double F as test-driver for the new season. "I must talk with him if he want join us as test-driver next year, but I promised, that he will accept this offer."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2009 11:05PM by Vandusk.
Thats going to be some line up for next season

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Woo gonna be a few wonder teams next season

Looks like the big teams are losing there key drivers

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
awsome news, good to have a top driver at double f next season. for sure that will help the team a lot.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Team Shadow Subaru Announcement

It is with great pride that I can announce I will be formally returning to the role of Team Shadow Subaru's team manager for season three of the GPGSL. After two seasons of watching from the sidelines as John guided the team to great success I can't stay away any longer! I am of course hugely greatful to John who has done a superb job both as manager and of course as a driver puting us the fantastic position of leading both driver's and constructor's championships going into the final few races of the season. It is therefore with great regret that we will saying farewell to John as both team leader and race driver at the end of the season, we of course wish him every success in his new team and hope we can give him something to remember us by before the season is over. Now over to John Warrington:

'It has been an amazing experience racing and looking after the welfare of Team Shadow Subaru but at the end of the season I feel that is time for a change. Tom and TSS have given me a car which is faultless and a pleasure to drive and I hope to win the Drivers championship and help Team Shadow to the constructors title. I look forward to finishing the season with Team Shadow and hopefully winning the title before the big party on Tom's luxery yacht. Thanks Tom for being an excellent team manager and Ed for being a superb team mate! Good luck for Season 3 boys...aslong as you don't beat me haha'

It is also with great pride that I can announce Ed Greenhalgh shall be remaining with us into season 3. Ed has been loyal to the team since the switch to the GPGSL, maturing into an extremely quick and experienced driver whom we believe will be a force to be reckoned with. With regards to John's replacement, we are currently in talks with a top driver and will keep you informed.

good news tom, looking forward to continuing with the team in Season 3, but finishing off Season 2 well is our main priority at the moment.

X (@ed24f1)
Anyone want to tempt me with a drive?

Otherwise I'm going to be testing next season

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
On the car shapes front, Lee has kindly given us permission to use the 2008 GP2 shape :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
good news!

maybe we should have a different thread for Season 3 news, new rules, voting for tracks/shapes etc, and also the provisional entry list.

X (@ed24f1)
I think its too early for that, there is still three rounds left. I could put up a page on my site for now until it does come up though.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
i'll get cracking on the Polls. Anymore say your final words, 30 mins remain for your words.
I have been keeping a note of the driver announcements for season 3, I dunno if I have them all though.

This is what I have at the moment, obviously team and driver orders are based on the current championship standings, which could change.

Double F (Volkswagen)
Driver 1 John Warrington
Driver 2 Christopher Hinz
Tester 1
Tester 2

Team Shadow Subaru (Subaru)
Driver 1 Ed Greenhalgh
Driver 2
Tester 1
Tester 2

Van Smirren Motorsports by Minardi (Lamborghini)
Driver 1
Driver 2
Tester 1
Tester 2

Velox (Honda)
Driver 1
Driver 2
Tester 1
Tester 2

Martini Paddock Racing (?)
Driver 1 Marko Aleksander
Driver 2 Monil Santilal
Tester 1 Dan Paddock
Tester 2 Sherwin van der Sloot

Phoenix Racing (Renault)
Driver 1 Mal Stoddart
Driver 2 Jethro Walters
Tester 1 Zak Tonks
Tester 2

Dark Exploder Racing (Ferrari)
Driver 1 Stuart Ingers
Driver 2 Byron van het Bolscher
Tester 1 Kyran Brazier
Tester 2 Dan Mills

True North Racing (Bugatti)
Driver 1
Driver 2
Tester 1
Tester 2

Alpha Motorsports (Ford)
Driver 1 Ben Brown
Driver 2
Tester 1 Stefan van Renselaar
Tester 2 Alexandre Koemmerer

Italian English Racing (Maserati)
Driver 1 Rick Groeneboer
Driver 2 Ricardo van Smirren
Tester 1 Andrew Jewitt
Tester 2

Lucky Seven Racing (Porsche)
Driver 1 Andrew Fuh
Driver 2 Ross Cartwright
Tester 1 Randy Winston
Tester 2

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2009 06:50PM by Stoopid.
Stu, Phoenix's first tester is Zak Tonks, currently an IER driver.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy