After modifying a shape, getting texture back on it?

Posted by milesmurphy7 
Running on from my previous post, as in the picture below using the mclaren mp4-23 from gp4spain, i have added the mirrors off the toyota tf108 and wondered now is it possible to put the original texture back on the car, or will it have to be completley redone as all that is changed is the shape of the mirrors

would be a shame since im not an experienced painter and the previous texture was excellent,

link to image :-
[www.4shared.com]

milesmurphy7
Believe you may need to remap it :(. The preview looks awesome tho!

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
ah dam it :(, cheers for the comment on the preview Willb :)
i could either now go through the long learning curve of learning to map :/
or maybe find someone to do it for me, although many people do have more important matters to do than gp4 editting.

if any could teach me how to map or possibly do it for me if they dont mind that would be great.

cheers
basicly if you havent done anything wrong mapping is still there. you just have to assing mapping of mirrors to correct texture and then to edit the mapping.

but if you export the shape without having textures loaded there is a change to lose mapping totally. in that case i would recomment to do the operation again, because it is 10000000000 times more work to map whole car than just to change mirrors.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
that has helped me mate cheers :) i can breath a sigh of relief :)
how cud i tell if the mapping is still there or not, and how would i be able to remap the mirrors into the textures,
cheers for help so far :)
Hopefully you are using zmodeler, because that is only program I might be able to help with. Im not any master of explaining and specially not with something else than my own language, but go to material editor. In this drop list where it says <default matrial> when you open it there should be also other materials under it. Load textures to those materials.

Next you have to select the mirrors on faces level. go bk to material editor and choose that texture where original mirrors were mapped in and press "assign to selection". Next you just have to "assign UV" (surface -> mapping -> assign UV) and move rotate and scale mapped pieces on UV mapper window that those will fit somehow on original textures.

On this page you can find something about mapping and about other useful things: [www4.uji.es]

And more about Zmodeler and some tutorials you can find from zmodeler homepage and sure with google.

Good luck.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
cheers for that info, i am now at the stage where the mirrors are now in the UV Mapping screen (attached to posting). How do i now advance so it is all together?

[www.4shared.com]

thanks for help so far, much appreciated :)
sfter i have got all the mapping on one UV mapping screen, what do i do next to save it so the textures will exist on the car in game?

also will i need to remap the underneath of the car with the carbon textures and all of them too??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy