GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: April 18, 2006 10:16PM
Posted by: Paco
dunno, but surely it's a great thing! :)

I'm against sigpics
Date: April 18, 2006 11:04PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Ruboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Damn, how that? All new tracks are crashing at
> exit, what have you done special?
>
>
>

The oval didn't crash either thank you very much ;)

Well not on mine or bigbrother's system, I was running a fresh install, he was using CSM :P

Date: April 18, 2006 11:11PM
Posted by: Ruboy
zeppelin101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> The oval didn't crash either thank you very much
>
> Well not on mine or bigbrother's system, I was
> running a fresh install, he was using CSM :P

Yes, you are right - forgot that. Sorry;-)

Date: April 19, 2006 09:09AM
Posted by: erwin_78
@laurent, feature request.

It's already possbile to view a lap using the track camera's, but can you make another one by using the a "onboard view" (ie fixed camera shot) that follow's the cc-line?
I'm redoing some heights and it annoys me that i have to start the game and see my elevations are too steep, while it should be noticeable in the editor...
Date: April 19, 2006 12:44PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Erwin_78: Well, I build Track Profiler to notice the most tiny bump on track.
I thought about an onboard lap when I built the track camera lap feature but the matter is that there's no continuity in the car position, I'm just using track center for each sector so I'm afraid you will have a kind of slideshow...I could try anyway to see what it gives. I doubt I will get anything smmoth anyway :)

Date: April 19, 2006 06:07PM
Posted by: b-tone
i have a couple of (impossible?) requests :)

1, a ghost car. i'm doing a track and although all the measurements are right, it looks worng. i'd like to put a car on the track just to get some perspective. it wouldn't need to be a car, just a car sized box so you can see for instance how many cars wide the track is, or how many cars fit in a corner etc.

2, work on 2 dats simultaneously. mainly for tracks with many layouts. now, using miami as an example, i'd need to get the infield course perfect, then do the oval. but wouldn't it be nice to have both loaded at once, and when editing the identical sectors, the sectors in both dats get edited :)

____
Tony

Date: April 19, 2006 06:36PM
for the second one, you could crete the gp4 track out of one of the dats, then open the other one (with the gp4 of the other one), that way you could have both layouts, not 2 dats, but is as close as i can think of :P

I'm against sigpics
Date: April 19, 2006 06:50PM
yeah, thats how i would do it now, but then with dat1 finished, you make dat2 and then realise dat1 wasn't so finished after all. so now you've got to duplicate changes to those identical sectors.
lets hope Lo2k's genius can sort osmething out :)

____
Tony

Date: April 19, 2006 10:03PM
Well:

1 easy: convert any car in a single .3ds file made of one part and import it in your track :)

2 dream: editing two .dats at a time is not impossible (everything is possible) but it would be much much efforts for very seldom cases (tracks), so using a .gp4 is surely the best you can do right now.

Date: April 19, 2006 10:36PM
1, yeah :)
2, ok, but keep an eye out just in case it can be done very simply ;-) i think quite a few of my tracks have multi variations :)

____
Tony

Date: April 20, 2006 05:19PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
When you said about "all tracks crashed when <ESC>", this includes Tarumã? I run my track out of debug mode and it doesn't crashed anytime.

I posted it here some months ago. I made some tests and notices something: All tracks that I made that had the last sector longer that all other didn't crashed at esc, even without debug mode.
Date: April 20, 2006 07:59PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
This is my request time :D
Laurent can you:

1) do a point and click system to select object in the track, it will be very nice instead of check all object list in various scenes :D

2) make an option in track profile to make possible for example "from sector 10 to 25 an encrease of elevation of 5 meters" It will be a quick way to make elevations :D

3) make possible an multiple "groupe with object" option without select one by one :D

Thanks in advance for every answer :P
Date: April 20, 2006 08:16PM
Hmm, Stephan might play with the forum, Zeppelin's guide is now in sticky and this thread is not...well, nevermind :)

Else, here are some answers :)
1-It would be nice, I would love to, since the very first day, but I can't.
2-It's on the todo list
3-Multi-selection (see #2), I have to add new solutions for multi-selection and multi-edition but I don't know when : /

Date: April 20, 2006 09:18PM
Well hey I don't mind it being stickied ;)
Date: April 20, 2006 10:20PM
Me, too;-)

Date: April 22, 2006 10:35AM
Just a questions about textures.
Does it makes sense to create a 1024*2048 hi-res grass textures? Normally I can create a 1024*1024 texture and duplicate it two times.

1024*2048 looks better, but it will probably hit PO to much. Am I right?

Date: April 22, 2006 10:44AM
yeah, it's too much

I'm against sigpics
Date: April 22, 2006 11:59AM
Yes, I've decided to keep the standard hi-res size of 1024*1024.

Date: April 24, 2006 07:40PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
First of all, can a mod make this thread sticky again?

Second question; is it possible to convert a GP3 track to a GP4 track?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: April 24, 2006 07:42PM
Far as I know (I don't know much about File structures) the GP3 .dats are different to the GP4 ones, so unless they can be converted, I don't think so, no
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy