> slot 3?? is there any program which can help me or
> do i have to do it manually?

TSM ;)

I'm against sigpics
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: May 06, 2006 10:15AM
Posted by: da silva
@ Paco

from where can i download it?? is it with CSM 1.25 55 or do i have to wait for CSM 1.26 and if so when will it be released if you know??

thanks
Date: May 06, 2006 02:51PM
Posted by: Paco
there's a version in 1.25.55, but there will be a new/better one in csm 1.26

in the meantime, you may want to take a look at this thread :)

I'm against sigpics
Date: May 06, 2006 10:43PM
Posted by: da silva
thanks for your help mate...
Date: May 08, 2006 09:10PM
Posted by: TTM
Hi,

I want tell to everybody how you can use 3 different DXT5 textures without any clipping problems. This works with two sided faces. (if you use one sided faces there is no any clipping problems)

- Objects with DXT5 texture(s) normally are in Scene 1 (maybe works another scene too)
- Parts = Layers

(image explains better)

- You can change amount of transparency just simply use different gray shades to alpha channel.
- RGB values (0=full trans, 128=50% transparency or 255= No trans.)

It's easy to do nice window or glass objects with DXT5 textures. :)

btw, i have seen many clipping problems if advert is front of fence but it can be solved. Group advert object with fence object.

I hope that this "guide" help guys with DXT5 textures. ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2006 03:22PM by TTM.
Date: May 08, 2006 09:13PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Nice, you can drop it in my tutorial if you wish, just save the file, make the addition and then mail it to lo2k (inc picture) and he'll stick it in there :)
Date: May 08, 2006 10:44PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Yes, it would be useful to have it in the tutorial.

>btw, i have seen many clipping problems if advert is front of fence but it can be solved. Group advert object with fence object.

That's what I need for Istanbul:) But do I have to do this with ZM? The Group feature in 3DEditor causes crashes, doesn't it?

Date: May 09, 2006 05:33AM
@Ruboy:

3dEditor:
Export new "Advert & Fence object" to gp4-file. Start 3Deditor and delete advert object and fence object then import Adv&Fence gp4-file to Scene 1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2006 05:39AM by TTM.
Date: May 09, 2006 09:25AM
The problem with the Istanbul track is that everytime I import an object to scene 1 the track crashes. That's why scene 1 does not contain any new objects, I only have deleted the old ones I didn't want or changed their positions.

I will try once again.

Date: May 09, 2006 11:59AM
Posted by: Lo2k
@TTM: I assume you will have clipping problem anyway if camera looks through both sides of part 1 and they have DXT5+full transparency.

Date: May 09, 2006 02:41PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
@ruboy.....martin....what works for me is this......it seems some track wads are more sensitive to change,....imola being very sensitve & having strange things happen as result of minor changes....for me i add a new scene import the new objects there..keeping in mind not to mix certain objects...there is a list zepplin compiled explaining this....

when you import a new object & save changes....recompress wad...check in game to see if object appears ok..if you experience ctd....re open 3d editor & just press save again...exit & above steps....this cures any ctd's i have had....i know there are some who question the amount of scenes per track,but i have produced steady tracks with up to nine scenes.....i work with the basis to displace an unwanted object beyond the world boundaries limit ,rather than delete it.....the unwanted objects are not visible in game beyond this point...

Date: May 09, 2006 02:45PM
DXT5 Example: (Some clipping if you look second picture)

Object with DXT5 textures works also if object is scene 2 (tested) maybe in scene 3 or 4 too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2006 03:25PM by TTM.
Date: May 13, 2006 09:12AM
Posted by: b-tone
Has anyone got tips on making the pitlane exit (and entrance) align smoothly with the track?
Looking at Nurburgring it seems the final sector is some cm below the adjoining track sectors, but in 3dEditor i appears above, and in game theres no bumps all along the overlap.
I guess they used another method to make it smooth.

Does the pitlane exit length matter? do the cc cars follow the pitlane (ie, stay inside the white line) till it ends and then rejoin the ccline? So cutting the pitlans short so it doesnt actually overlap the track would cause problems?

Any ideas? :)

____
Tony

Date: May 13, 2006 09:40AM
Hi Tony (just saw this questions now), sometimes pit lane entrance and exit are wierd. For Bahrain I needed several attempts to make it quite smooth.

What you can do (what I did): Take a piece of paper and copy the Z1 and Z2 values of the track sectors where pit lane runs / crosses. The use them for the appropriate pit lane sectors. Check if it is displayed correctly ingame. If there are graphical bugs because one sees track tarmac instead of pitlane tarmac then just slightly increase the Z2 value to get it right.

Well, as said - I could have a try if you want;-)

Date: May 13, 2006 10:18AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
@btone...tony there was a guide to this made by Desperado & posted over at realgpx track editing post....it is packed with other guides...

[www.realgpx.com]

but here is the file....on it's own...

[rapidshare.de]
Date: May 13, 2006 11:34AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone got tips on making the pitlane exit
> (and entrance) align smoothly with the track?
> Looking at Nurburgring it seems the final sector
> is some cm below the adjoining track sectors, but
> in 3dEditor i appears above, and in game theres no
> bumps all along the overlap.
> I guess they used another method to make it
> smooth.
>
> Does the pitlane exit length matter? do the cc
> cars follow the pitlane (ie, stay inside the white
> line) till it ends and then rejoin the ccline? So
> cutting the pitlans short so it doesnt actually
> overlap the track would cause problems?
>
> Any ideas?
>

Do you mean height wise then?

I used to do it by eye, since the z values for pitlane and track don't seem to match (in 3d editor at any rate), took some time, but the results are more of than not, worth it if you do it properly :)

CC cars will follow pitlane exit until final sector

Date: May 14, 2006 10:05AM
thanks jim :)
but theres no trick - just lots of messing about and fiddling.

@lo2k - is it possible the next version saves settings better? things like wether display is set to wireframe, etc.
also i get a lot of errors with the profiler, and it usualy won't work after an error - just more errors. sometimes when changing a value, and sometimes moving a point.
if you want i can post the error messages, or watch closer to see when it happens.

____
Tony

Date: May 14, 2006 10:51AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Display mode is not saved at all right now.
About profiler, I can't do anything if you can't tell me when exactly are occuring the errors (and eventually the message but they are usualy useless).

Date: May 15, 2006 09:22PM
the profiler usually gives the error msg whenever i use it. sometimes i open the track, open the profiler and it happens, other times i might be able to use it a few times.
clicking on a point to drag it can cause it. and so can clicking on the dropdown arrow in the num_of_sect box. in fact, any of the clickable places can cause it.
sometimes after hitting OK, the error will come every time i try using it, and other times it works ok again.
its not a huge problem, as with restarting 3DEditor i can usually get it to work for what i need.
it seems to be quite consistent so there nothing specific to do to reproduce it. but i haven't heard any other people mention it, so maybe its my machine.
i'll try at work tomorrow if i remember and see how it goes there.

the error message is usually this, but the last value varies:

---------------------------
3DEditor 17.6
Violation d'accès à l'adresse 0057DAF2 dans le module '3DEditor.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 059D667C.
OK

____
Tony

Date: May 15, 2006 10:25PM
Yes, this error also occured when I worked with the profiler.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy