GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: August 25, 2006 09:36AM
Posted by: b-tone
compute the pitch and angles.
if theres banking they migh appear to sink, but sounds like your problem is pitch

____
Tony

Date: August 25, 2006 03:04PM
Posted by: airefresco
Thanks tony that solved the problem in the 2 corners, however created a new problem.

Only effects the cars on pole posistion. When the other cars drive over pole position slot they get thrown into the air. The rest of the track is fine now.

Any thoughts?

paul..
Date: August 25, 2006 03:17PM
looks like a pitch problem again. try manually adjusting the first or last sectors pitch, or you can send me the dat if you want.

____
Tony

Date: August 25, 2006 04:11PM
I´ll have a go at manually adjusting the pitch first. I assume that the first and last sectors pitch should be the same?

thanks,
paul..
Date: August 25, 2006 04:55PM
Thanks man that fixed it. Sectors 1 and 2 were -18 with the next 50 or so at 0. The last 2 were 16000 or something. I set them to 0 its perfecxt now.

Thanks

paul..
Date: August 26, 2006 11:37PM
Sorry for being such a noob at this track editing lark, but I have yet another problem.

Where my pitlane leaves the track and crosses over the banks and verges of the track, the textures from the track/verges/banks are "flickering" through the pitlane textures.

I have been trying to solve this all day. I have tried loads of things, including raising the pitlane up 1 meter from the track, but it didn't work.

In cockpit view, it's not so noticeable, but in T-cam there is hardly any of the pitlane texture showing.

Please help me...

paul..
Date: August 26, 2006 11:49PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
It's more 3DEditor related that flickering of the pitlane, not a fault from your side.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 26, 2006 11:59PM
Sorry, I didn't explain it very well. It's looks Ok in 3deditor, it's in the game that it's flickering.

paul..
Date: August 27, 2006 12:06AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I know, like i just said, it's a problem caused by 3DEditor, call it a bug or something like that.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 27, 2006 12:07AM
Oh ok. Is there anyway to fix it?
Date: September 02, 2006 07:11PM
Can anybody help me with this?

I don't want to do much more with the pitlane until this is solved.

thanks.

paul..
Date: September 02, 2006 07:35PM
can you show a screenshot of the pit exit, or send me the dat maybe?

____
Tony

Date: September 02, 2006 11:45PM
Just sent you an email mate.

thanks..
Date: September 03, 2006 10:42AM
Tony you're a genius. Works fine now thanks.

Just incase anybody else has this problem, Tony advised me to lower the banks "height offest" to -4 (they were 4 before). It works fine now.

The tarmac still doesn't work though.

paul..
Date: September 04, 2006 11:57PM
Posted by: Gusgus
The track I made works fine ingame, but crashes when the game is said to go to the session result screen and when I press Escape. Is there any way to fix that ? Moreover, when I use it with TSM, a popup appers saying "Unknown Pitside -5380", despite the track works (but still crashes on exit). Is it related to my problem ? If not, what can I do to fix it ?

EDIT — Another small question : is it possible to make a JIP Mapping rotate or being reversed vertically ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2006 12:08AM by Gusgus.
Date: September 05, 2006 10:22AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Dont know anything about your first problem regarding TSM, but you're ctd on escape sounds familiar, cant remember the exact cause though, I'll have a shuffle through some notes I made months ago.

As to your second question, no I don't think this is possible, unless you could give the mapping a negative offset?
Date: September 05, 2006 10:24AM
Posted by: Lo2k
The escape crash could be due to hyperthreading, so be sure to set GPxPatch on CPU0.

Jip can't be rotated, but you can draw an additional reversed jip image you could then apply on the tarmac.

Date: September 05, 2006 11:27AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Lo2k, you're here :) I got something to send you regarding your .4ds exporter for max ;-) I fixed your normals problem, but it cannot be coded as far as I can tell, it's the same deal with car making in max, objects must be split by elements to get correct normals :)
Date: September 05, 2006 01:27PM
Posted by: Gusgus
Thanks for the answers, but setting GPxPatch on CPU0 doesn't change anything :(
Date: September 05, 2006 04:01PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Aren't there a bug with ATI graphical card + Anti-aliasing too ? it's maybe the problem, gusgus.

@Zeppelin : I got it and already replied as something was wrong with your file.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy