GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: November 15, 2006 08:04PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
A bug ingame with a track created in 3DEditor is that you can drive thru the pitwall where the pitwall and trackwall are coming together.

It has nothing to do with the flags, they are correct.

Is this problem solved with the new version of 3DEditor?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: November 16, 2006 12:19AM
Posted by: Lo2k
No, it HAS to do with flags. If I remind well, putting Pit fence begin flag one or two sectors before its "normal" position helps (it's the way I fixed the bug with Monaco 2004).

Date: November 18, 2006 09:21AM
Posted by: santron5
Hi all

I don't know if i'm in the right area for this so i'll give it a blast anyway.

Is there a step by step instructions somewhere, to tell me how to change the track order in gp4, I've already changed the menus and track specs in the game, now need the game to load those track in the same order, ive inserted the track data now what?, changing the track order in the gpxpatch, give a result where it looks like the cars are driving the right track but the track is wrong, and the cars are flying.

I need to know how to change to 2007 order, remove A1, Europe and Imola and replace with turkey, bahrain and china, any idea's from the smart guys here?

Thanks

Lozz

If you have a problem with a solution to the problem then No Problem

If you have a problem with out a solution to the problem then still No Problem
Date: November 18, 2006 05:08PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Use TSM (Track Set Manager): [www.grandprixx.com]

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: November 18, 2006 05:37PM
Posted by: santron5
I don't want to use TSM

Lozz

If you have a problem with a solution to the problem then No Problem

If you have a problem with out a solution to the problem then still No Problem
Date: November 18, 2006 08:13PM
Posted by: Ruboy
@Lo2k:

A request concerning 3Editor:
Will it be possible in the future to subdivide faces of the .bin file or even export it as .3ds object (for ZM for example) and import it again?
Another very hand feature would be if it was possible to invert the algebraic signs for Z-Normals only for one Mesh part (which consist of 60 faces=. I'll change the Z values for normals from '+' to '-' when I want to have a second and darker colour of tarmac but it is much work when selecting every single face.

Date: November 19, 2006 12:47AM
Subidivide .bin faces : no, because it seems .bin mesh is very sensitive. I discussed about it a bit with Dr Blanco and we believe .bin files must be the closest to original, and thus the closest to .dat standard track sectors.

Inverting .bin normals could be add (don't know through which way yet, mayby reverting normals for a whole .bin part would be just fine).

Date: November 28, 2006 12:27PM
Posted by: Sohle
@lozz

there were still some other threads in my opinion, where there was a tutorial to change the trackorder...use the search and you will finds something ;-)
Date: December 17, 2006 07:23PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
I have a problem that when I try to move a grandstand it only moves pieces of it, how can I group the pieces together so I can move the entire grandstand instead of doing it piece by piece
Date: December 18, 2006 12:49PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
with group object..
Date: December 21, 2006 04:25PM
Posted by: Briere
How can I delete faces on an object ? Do I need ZM or did I miss somethind in 3DEd ?
Date: December 21, 2006 05:04PM
For now, you can't do it directly, but you can detach all the faces you want to delete in a single part and delete the part.
that's what could be call an indirect suppression ;)

Date: December 21, 2006 05:05PM
Posted by: TTM
There is one option to delete faces in 3dEd. Use "detach face to" new part and delete "new part" which contains unnecessary faces.

It's better detach faces from one part only and save track .gp4 and start 3dEd again or if you want detach all faces from different parts at the same time, export object to .gp4 and quit 3dEd but not save track .gp4 and start 3dEd again and delete old object and import new .gp4 object to scene.

If you detach faces from two different parts at the same time and save track .gp4, game crashes when track is loaded.
Date: December 21, 2006 05:06PM
OMG that's a great news!
Date: December 21, 2006 05:07PM
;) Laurent.. ;)
Date: December 21, 2006 05:16PM
i'm getting crazy waiting this new version ^^
Date: December 21, 2006 05:23PM
I'm sure that release of the new "3dEditor" is very soon. (I hope.):)
Date: December 21, 2006 05:36PM
Posted by: Ruboy
@Lo2k:

When working on Interlagos I experienced a bug. When deleting the last of numerous parts of an object the programme always crashes.
To avoid this I always had to detach faces I wanted to delete to another part (except the last) and then delete this part.

Date: December 21, 2006 06:01PM
a bug or well a little problema i had with some tracks.

When i modified a track profile and save the file sometime appens that i cannot modify the profile. Only if i open the dat standalone the profile can be modify. But if i open it with *.gp4 it cannot change (i can move the points in tracks profile windows, but second click assigned original quota to the point). The only 2 solution are:

1) work only with dat

2) hope to have a backup copy of the dat
Date: December 21, 2006 06:19PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
When working on Interlagos I experienced a bug. When deleting the last of numerous parts of an object the programme always crashes.
To avoid this I always had to detach faces I wanted to delete to another part (except the last) and then delete this part

some standard tracks seem more sensitive to changes...detaching faces is always hit n miss..if you work with a track that ctd after detaching faces i always simply reopen the .gp4 file & save with no changes..re compress wad & all is well again....if you need/want to move objects i'd displace them from view instead of deleting.....less problems...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy