GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: September 20, 2006 10:00PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Not using a .bin has also some other drawbacks : no white lines at all (but you can texture the whole track mesh) and no wet tarmac effect.

Date: September 20, 2006 10:03PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
bah, nobody really drives in the wet anywho, and I have got plenty of white lines on my textures, including a very tasty grid texture :)
Date: September 21, 2006 04:47PM
Yep, I think about it since quite some time too, it would be great to force 3d tarmac to appear (and remove/displace .bin) and just texturing the whole track.
It would be nice but the little things I listed above.

Date: September 21, 2006 04:51PM
Posted by: Prblanco
I like wet races :(

;)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: September 21, 2006 06:30PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Lo2k Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2006 09:49PM by jimbob1.
Date: October 01, 2006 11:20AM
Posted by: _Erix_
I'm creating a track with two colors of tarmac. It has light and dark parts which are pretty essential. Mapping on the .gp4 does not work so I guess it's .bin or .dat related. I've seen it in at least one gp4 track before (monaco 2005) and I'm wondering how it works.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: October 01, 2006 11:37AM
Posted by: b-tone
Mark told me he flipped the normals on the bin for that monaco. I'm not sure how thats done, but i guess thats the way

____
Tony

Date: October 01, 2006 11:38AM
Posted by: TTM
Edit track bin file.

Change vertexs Z normals to negative.
Date: October 01, 2006 11:55AM
Or dont bother with a .bin at all :P
Date: October 01, 2006 04:31PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Thanks guys, I'll give it a try.
Zep, I knew you'd say that ;)

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: October 01, 2006 05:08PM
Aww no I'm getting predictable, best change me style some ;)
Date: October 02, 2006 09:58AM
Posted by: Ruboy
@Lo2k:
I already mentioned this issue once some time ago and if I remember correctly you told that there is still a bug in cc-line coding (even though c-line is being displayed correctly now in 3DEditor):

I created new cc-lines for Circuit Rousseau and Canon F1 Test Circuit (both by jimbob1) but the track always crashed shortly 'before' loading screen. It is definitely due to cc-line and I also can assure that the cc-line I build is ok.
It only happens with these two tracks. I tried different things like using older 3DEd versions.
As both tracks have a cc-line which is not very good (that's why I wanted to make a new one) I tried to alter the sections a bit instead of deleteing it and building it from scratch. This worked - I could change the sector lenght and also curve radii and it still loaded. So I thought I could apply a trick. I just copied the values from my new cc-line which crashed and inserted them in the old cc-line. Thus I changed the cc-line - but I did not delete it. Well, same problem again - it crashed :(

Weired thing :(

Date: October 02, 2006 10:05AM
Yep, sounds weird, could you send me the bad .dat with the non-working cc-line ?

Date: October 02, 2006 10:31AM
Posted by: Willb
lo2k you said that not using a bin file means no wet tarmac effect. I was thinking would it be possible to create track sectors in the bin where there is also tarmac runoff because any run of that isnt part of the track doesnt have the reflections ?

I dont know if the track sectors in the bin all have the be linked up or not im guessing that they do so my idea probably wont work .

Just an idea :)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: October 02, 2006 10:43AM
Hmm, I think we can't add details to .bin files in order to create more tarmac areas receiving wet reflections or skid marks because file format is so tight that it would surely be missinterpreted and would result in a completely messed up tarmac.

Date: October 02, 2006 12:49PM
Posted by: Ruboy
@Lo2k:
Ok, I'll send you the files in the afternoon.

Date: October 02, 2006 10:55PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
@Ruboy

i don't know if this helps..but when i was building the dat files for both the ros & can tracks..i kept switiching between 3d eds 15.3 -16...don't know if this has anything to do with the errors.....
Date: October 03, 2006 03:21PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
sorry if already asked but is there any link to download PLUS SYSTEM pack to track maker?
Date: October 12, 2006 11:23AM
What's a PLUS SYSTEM pack ?

Date: October 12, 2006 07:09PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
It's a pack which include pitstand and pitbox. Using in all track this pack we can upload year by year pitstand and pitbox with a simple folder (with files) and line in *.ini configuration of the track (i'm speaking in TSM point of view)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy