Turkey (Istanbul Speed Park) in Progress

Posted by GPFreak04 
Re: Turkey (Istanbul Speed Park) in Progress
Date: September 20, 2005 10:52AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
@banbido756: thanks, but schaller and fongu did the hard work.

@schaller: Did you get my pm? That should solve a lot of problems, and if you're track is crashing on escape it's .bin related, so perhaps try making it again (if you're using it of course) and then if it still doesn't work, I'll see what I can do at my end :)
Date: September 20, 2005 02:14PM
Posted by: schaller
Hi Zeppelin. I did get your PM if you mean the one that suggets dividing up the verges, fences and banks. That looks like 1 hell of a task. to make sure I dont loose any faces. I dont really have the time to meticulously break it up that way. I think that would take me a couple weeks. If this function as you say is to be released with the next version of hte editor, I will wait for that. I just cant think of another way to break up those pieces except getting into zmodeler and deleting everything but a small segment. them making sure forthe next segment that I start from the place whereI left off and make sure I dont loose face. seems like a night mare and something that I could screw up easily. I'll wait for the editor and putz around with it until then.

Salute
Schaller
Date: September 20, 2005 02:30PM
Posted by: JamesM
The next 3DEd might be a while away as Lo2k isn't currently working on it.

Date: September 20, 2005 06:00PM
You can do it an easier way, but it still takes a while. You have to use the Detach feature, which seperates the object into smaller pieces. So you can select your 20 faces for each object and then click on it with the detach deature active and it will subtract those faces from the host object
Date: September 21, 2005 04:08PM
Posted by: KimiGo
News for release
Date: September 21, 2005 07:47PM
When it's ready, which methinks may be a wee while yet to fix the rather large graphic problem
Date: September 22, 2005 12:56AM

OK, I had posted here that I had given up. I've had a drink and calmed down. I didnt meant the things I said about quitting the track. I just need to take a breather and come back to it in a couple days.
I'll get it fixed up as soon as I can, but there is no release date for now, becaus4e I need a break from this.

Schaller

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2005 01:41AM by schaller.
Date: September 22, 2005 02:05AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
The joys of track editing, take your time Schaller I am sure the wait will be worth the while :)
Date: September 22, 2005 01:58PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
chris , you've done a great job so far , the track is nearly there.. i have said to you that the istanbul track is up to gp4 spec & is worth waiting for... keep up the good work....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2005 02:02PM by jimbob1.
Date: September 22, 2005 02:07PM
HAHAHA, what a difference a day makes. I went ahead and dumped the track into Scene3 and just built it to see what would happen. The CTD is there as allways, but it does run.
I think there is another issue with this segmenting of the track.
I'm thinking now that I might just open a new copy of the original Interlagos, delete the scenes, and start inporting objects from the one i'm using.
It may take some time, but I dont like the ground segments i'm using anyway, so it could use a hole new ground area. We'll see.
If only I could figure out this CTD. without it, its releasable as is.
The campaign continues.
Date: September 22, 2005 04:28PM
Posted by: Scotty_Doo
Roughly when are you thinking of releasing somethink along the lines in istanbul?
Date: September 22, 2005 04:35PM
@schaller: Right, I doubt you've changed the .dat since the test copy you sent me? I can make the segments for the banks and verges and send those to you, but I won't be able to do the rails as it's pretty much guesswork. I'll send it to you in the next week
Date: September 22, 2005 10:40PM
Hi Zeppelin. Sure. Hack it up. Just to be Sure. Let me send the new S1CT03.dat to you. I did do some edits.
I'll get it to you shortly.

Thanks
Schaller
Date: September 22, 2005 11:04PM
Posted by: gildoorf
Let me congratulate your very nice job and these sort of cooperation that could be repeated for other realistic tracks.

Keep the pace, it's gonna be paid off!

Date: September 23, 2005 09:54AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
@scotty_doo
be patient, it will be released when it is ready!

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy