Date: August 28, 2005 10:12AM
Posted by: raisinberry777
looks wicked as :)

will there be a beta release soon?

and which track will it replace?
Re: Turkey (Istanbul Speed Park) in Progress
Date: August 28, 2005 10:31AM
Posted by: fongu
interesting effects there! I've not had a problem with putting them in-game, altho alot of my textures didnt have alpha channels. If you want i can send the stuff again.

Date: August 28, 2005 03:25PM
Posted by: schaller
Hello Fongu. Your objects look incredible in the track. I have been given some ideas about how to handle the problems I'm having. I'll let you all know how it goes. No need to resend anything.

Thanks
Schaller

Date: August 28, 2005 04:02PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
@raisinberry777 - whichever track you want it to!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 28, 2005 10:32PM
Sorry Rasin, I missed your comment. The track is in quite a bit of dissarray aty the moment becaus eof the extensive over haul to include new object and clean things up. Give me a week. I'll keep posting images in the mean time.

Salute
Schaller
Date: August 29, 2005 08:30AM
Posted by: raisinberry777
good job schaller.

looks absolutely wicked for the first track you have ever built, mind you, ive never built a track b4

id love to be a beta tester hint hint
Date: August 29, 2005 07:00PM
Posted by: orjanbye
Hi, I don't know if you already have this, but I have a big map of the circuit on my homepage. It's a copy of Tilkes press file map from his ftp server:
[home.online.no]

Just in case it's of any help.
I am looking forward to try the finished circuit! :)
wow, seen that pic, almost wanted to build this circuit myself;)

Date: August 30, 2005 05:57PM
Wow!! had not seen that image before. It has been yanked and I'm using it to perfectly position the graqndstands. thanks a bunch. The track is definetly coming along nicly.

Salute
Schaller

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2005 06:57PM by schaller.
Date: August 31, 2005 06:17AM
Hello all. Istanbul update for Tuesday night. Still some obivous errors, but I'm cleaning them up. Seems there are a milions things I want to do to the track. Its coming along though.
If anyone has any idea about the problem with the rear wheels looking like they are going into the track, please let me know. I'm stumped. I've tried recalculating over and over and over. I am not sure what I have done. Anyway, on with the pics.

Salute
Schaller

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2005 06:18AM by schaller.
Date: August 31, 2005 06:36AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
WOW - Looks like it is really coming together. Take your time, it looks like it will be well worth the wait.
Date: August 31, 2005 07:30AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
looks nice! how about a beta release, then everyone could find all the bugs before you release the full version?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 31, 2005 08:32AM
Posted by: Ruboy
WOW! Incredible work, schaller:) Looks superb.

@SchueyFan: I don't think a beat release is very useful. I would also try to sort all bugs out at first so that you get the impression that everything runs fine. In general, there are always updates for the tracks so that you can step for step improve the track, especially all the hundereds of objects beside the track which takes a lot time. I think schaller should take his time to create a working track because normally there always remain bugs and the first version is seldom the last.

Cheers,
Ruboy

Date: August 31, 2005 08:44AM
Posted by: pankykapus
Ruboy is right!!!
I'd rather get a full fine working track than I get a buggy track right now!

From the pic is awesome :)
Date: August 31, 2005 09:41AM
Posted by: fongu
looking good :)

Hope the pitlanes work properly!

Do you want some bridges too?

I personally think that the track isn't right, the first corner is a bit too sharp, the grandstands aren't right... uhh...

AHH WHAT THE HELL :D:D It is the most authentic track I've ever seen. Hope you'll take your time, and not like me, shape the Mclaren (when I am not a shaper) and when I'm getting a nice result, my ZM crashes.. Just backup after almost every think you've updated..

I already love this track!!

Date: August 31, 2005 10:19AM
Posted by: Scotty_Doo
3rd and 5th shot looks persuading to be real....hehe excellent work cant wait to race it when i get my gp4 fixed!
Date: August 31, 2005 02:00PM
hahaha, well, I'm sure it wont be perfect, but I will be finishing it, i'm committed to it.
The track was layed down directly over a diagram/layouy of the actuall track design, so I dont know how it could be out of shape. I'm sure the elevation changes are not accurate, but it goes up where you're supposed to go up and down where its supposed to go down :)
I'll keep posting updates as I work on it.

Thanks for the encouragment.

Schaller
Date: August 31, 2005 02:02PM
Posted by: Ruboy
I'm glad to hear your attitude:)
I appreciate your screenshots!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy