Turkey (Istanbul Speed Park) in Progress

Posted by GPFreak04 
Re: Turkey (Istanbul Speed Park) in Progress
Date: August 21, 2005 03:13AM
Posted by: brillopad365
any news? seeing as how its turkish grand prix weekend? im anxious to drive this great looking track
Date: August 21, 2005 10:38AM
Posted by: F1Master
I know you've made a lot of the pit complex and stands but I thought these would help you help your improve the detail.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2005 10:39AM by F1Master.
Date: August 21, 2005 02:18PM
Posted by: UGC
Nice job, I hope this goes well for you!!!!
Date: August 22, 2005 12:55AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Date: August 22, 2005 01:03AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Date: August 22, 2005 01:12PM
Posted by: Scotty_Doo
Cant wait to race on this track....i dare say your not the only one who is making this so be good to see this the first released, and the best released ;)
Date: August 23, 2005 03:24PM
Posted by: Scotty_Doo
Any Updates of this? Gone quiet suddenly!
Date: August 23, 2005 05:52PM
Posted by: fongu
well as i said in another thread, alot of the main buildings are done, they just need a track to go in

Date: August 23, 2005 06:41PM
Posted by: danm
ive got some objects on the go for those wanting super pickyness with track details - things like tents, portaloos, roadsigns, cones etc.

im saving these for rFactor mind...

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: August 23, 2005 09:35PM
Posted by: schaller
Well, I believe I can probably help here. I have a bumpy Istanbul track I have been working on steadily for the past 5 weeks. It does not compare to the incredible work some of you great artists put together, but I wanted to visualize the track before the race actually happened and I think I came up with a pretty close approximation. Its quite bumpy because I did the inclines etc myself sector by sector till my eyes bled. I'm sure it will be picked aprt for all the errors (pit lane jitter), but I would be willing to share it with everyone if they would like. I will need some free space to post it on though. I have to see where I have some space. the wad is like 27 meg without the TGA files. When I get home from work, I'll post some images.

Salute
Schaller
Date: August 24, 2005 06:30AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
that should be good! if you team up with other talented members of the forums, your track could be great!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 24, 2005 09:39AM
Posted by: Hicks
Hi,

You can download 3D overview video of "IstanbulPark" from:
[www.protekproje.com]

I think this "circuit simulation of IstanbulPark" will be very useful:
[www.formula1-istanbul.com]

I'm in Istanbul, I can help everything if you want...

Regards

Ozan

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2005 09:52AM by Hicks.
Date: August 24, 2005 05:05PM
Posted by: eddycrazy
here you can download a movie 3 lap of f1 2005 on ps2 look prety accurate to me. and you can see all elevation changes worth it [lvbf1sims.net]

and here is a 3d view one lap the same one you see befor the gp by allianz f1
[f1.allianz.com]
Date: August 24, 2005 05:09PM
Posted by: schaller
Here are some images from the Istanbul track I am working on. I plan to release it to the public in the next couple days so people can have something to play with. There is still a ton of work that needs to be done smoothing the track and I have no new objects in there yet. All the objects are from the interlagos circut. The pitlane has the jitter problem too, so that will all have to be redone. I just have not worked my way around to that part yet.
Anyway, on with the pics.

Salute
Schaller

Date: August 24, 2005 05:14PM
Posted by: pankykapus
Looks amazing. Waiting for releasing... :)
Date: August 24, 2005 05:25PM
Posted by: chet
ooo!! looks promising :D

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 24, 2005 05:30PM
Posted by: pankykapus
@Schaller

Have you asked Fongu to give you his permisson for his great paddock building and other stuff?
Date: August 24, 2005 05:34PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
looks like brazil buildings, try and get fongu's buildings in there, if you get permission!
nice start :)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 24, 2005 07:23PM
Posted by: celinho
Really this they stayed show!!!!
Alone I found the areas of near a lot escape (picture 3), in the Turkey are more distant and well bigger.
Date: August 24, 2005 07:31PM
Posted by: F1Master
I've just looked at those videos from F12005 and they are miles out. The elevation changes are dreadful and certain corners could have been completely made up because I didn't recognise them from the GP last weekend.

Don't even get me started on the physics, boy I can't believe I EVER bought those games!

The only redeeming feature was that trackside objects looked nice and details, the pit complex looked especially nice.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy