Turkey (Istanbul Speed Park) in Progress

Posted by GPFreak04 
Re: Turkey (Istanbul Speed Park) in Progress
Date: September 12, 2005 06:00PM
Posted by: schaller
OK. I have an update Lots has been added.

1. Smoothing to the track is complete.

2. The track is in its final driviable configuration and is great fun to drive. I've been doing test laps following each tweak and I find myself just driving for fun, so I do believe folks will have some fun with this track.

3. I feel it is ready for beta, but unfortunatly, I am running in to many CTD's and there is one hell of a graphical fubar after you go out to load a setup following an initial run. You come back out and there is this enormous white texture that seems to be streaching to the sky and extends from behind the pits all the way through the back side of the track and is completely see throug on the other side. I dont know if its a vertex I did not move with an object or what. I have no idea what it is, but these issues have to be resolved before I relaese it to beta. There are also many many graphic anomolies like textures dissapearing or objects dissapearing as you get close. Its a pain in the arce and very difficult to get through. Once I can resolve the CTD's and the horrible enormous face problem. It willbe ready. When that is, depends on how fast I get help from the community. So please if you have suggestions, please let me know.

If someone would like to actually take the .gp4 file and try to work these issues, I welcome the help.

Thanks
Date: September 12, 2005 06:02PM
Posted by: fongu
well the disappearing objects are down to the lod number you choose, i know that much

Date: September 12, 2005 06:08PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Make sure all unknowns at the bottom of the object window in the .gp4 are set to zero, and this should fix any problems with object visibility
Date: September 12, 2005 06:28PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
just played the istanbul video

looks great

any release date?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2005 06:29PM by DJSKYLINE.
Date: September 12, 2005 06:56PM
Posted by: Floris_Koop_GP4Freak
Ow My God!

Read man, READ!

'When that is, depends on how fast I get help from the community.'

No ReleaseDate Known!

Date: September 12, 2005 07:17PM
Posted by: jonny

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk
Date: September 12, 2005 08:52PM
Thanks Fongu, Zeppelin. I'll look at those values as soon as I get home.
Ok, new issue. Invisible practice pit crew. the race shows up, but the practice guys dont.

Another isse. For realism sake, I will be leaving the pits in their actual positions in relation to the structure they sit within. This means that some cars will be driving out from behind walls withought pits because the definition of the pits cannot be altered from what iunderstand.
Its really not a big deal unless you like to drive for the team that happens to sit in one of those stalls. The pit is there, but they wont be driving into it.
about 1/2 the teams line up correctly in their pit stalls.
more later. Making a new external lap video to be released tonight.

Salute
Schaller

Date: September 12, 2005 08:55PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
about invisible pitcrew don't know if it has something to do with the track editing but try and remove the f1gstate and run game again!
Date: September 12, 2005 09:19PM
Posted by: fongu
i did think of possible solutions for the pit paddock problem, but didnt think of a good one other than playing with the sizes of the pit-garages.

Date: September 12, 2005 10:52PM
Hi Fongu. Your objects are incredible. Please do not take that last post to be criticism. I love the pit building. Its perfect. I would rather have it look like it does, than fudge it with something that does not look real.
There is a small building between every 3rd pit stall, so there really is no solution to this I think. unless there wa a way within the code to space the pit a little differently, and I see nothing of the sort in the track editing forums. This is a minimal problem. How often do you sit there and look at the pit anyway. heheheh.

Schaller
Date: September 12, 2005 11:27PM
Follow my .col tutorial to enabling pit crew on realgpx.com schaller, that tells you how to solve the missing pitcrew problem :)
Date: September 13, 2005 06:11AM
Zeppelin. in the tutorial. you say to create these faces behind the pits.
I assue I go into the tarmac layer of the .col file.
When I add a new item it creates a face that is editable, the 3 verticies, but there is a 4th vertex that I cant seem to move. and there dosent seem to be a face, the vert is linked to that I can select. Any ideas. I may come across it. have to keep trying.

thanks
Schaller
Date: September 13, 2005 12:53PM
Ah, I did mention this, that's the third vertex of the second face, which you have to displace on it's own to move the second face, otherwise it stays in it's original position. Basically, in the .col two faces are made at one time, and only one can be moved independently, but the second requires double clicking on the face and selecting vertex 3 and displacing it on it's own. And technically, it has to be a hard face or it doesn't work. Hope that helps :)
Date: September 15, 2005 05:32AM
Posted by: watercolours
schaller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Watercolors - Thanks for the great pictures. You
> have revealed grandstands I did not see and cant
> believe I missed. Plus you got some great angles
> of the banks of the track after turn 1 that lead
> into the bridges. Makes it so much easier to
> model.
>
> Thanks
>
> Schaller
>

hi,
i was in holiday (including a visit to belgium gp). i am glad that the shots were useful. i am really waiting for this nice track.
Date: September 15, 2005 02:55PM
Istanbul is now about 98% complete.
I will be sending the track to a few people that helped to get some idea of possible last minute fixes, but if all goes well, Istanbul will be released this weekend sometime.
In the meantime, here is a new AVI at the bottom of the page from this link.

[www.schallerf1.com]

enjoy
Schaller
Date: September 15, 2005 03:12PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
looks realy really cool, cant w8 to make some screenies from my pso05 on this track

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: September 15, 2005 05:01PM
Posted by: Floris_Koop_GP4Freak
OMG

GP4 is already entering a new stadium every1 has waited for..

MDBSnake, you're right, can't wait to drive your PS05 at this fantastic track..!

Date: September 15, 2005 05:12PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Can't wait the crash into the wall at turn 8 :D

Date: September 15, 2005 05:56PM
Posted by: oliver_33
Can't wait to meet Mike Tyson on starting grid :-P

PS. Very very great work!!
Date: September 15, 2005 05:59PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
oliver_33 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can't wait to meet Mike Tyson on starting grid
> :-P
>
> PS. Very very great work!!

hahha LMAO

Magic Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy