Turkey (Istanbul Speed Park) in Progress

Posted by GPFreak04 
Re: Turkey (Istanbul Speed Park) in Progress
Date: August 31, 2005 02:24PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
looking superb! The only Tilke Track that really light my fire.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: August 31, 2005 04:07PM
Posted by: JeDa
looks really great!!!! Cant wait for release..... but take your time :)
Date: August 31, 2005 05:20PM
Posted by: eddycrazy
np i am glad it helped you if you want more pm me.it could be great if you could post some screens of turn 8 the 4 right handers.
Date: September 01, 2005 12:14AM
Posted by: schaller
Eddycrazy. Where did you dig up those mgps' Would you know of a mpg with an enternal lap of turkey?

Fongu. Bridges would be great. those nice looking semi arches they put on either side look interstting. I have temporarily placed some advertising panels there and the old interloagos grandstand steps in there and it looks silly. I have been thinking of building them, but if you have a bead on it, by all means, have at it.
I have made a couple cc lines and neither are very good. Judging from the times I'm seeing with the bad line, I think the times with a good cc line will be close. Meaning I hopefully got a close approximation to actual track size.
More soon.

Salute
Schaller
Date: September 01, 2005 09:43AM
Posted by: fongu
admittedly i'm extremely busy at the moment, but it shouldn't take me too long, just need a few hours at the comp, and some pics to look at ;-) might take 2 weeks max i guess

Date: September 01, 2005 10:18AM
Posted by: sunil
that's very impressive work going on. keep going on. the tracks looks very good in screenshots.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: September 01, 2005 09:35PM
Posted by: pankykapus
Yeah agree with Sunil!!!

If you continue this great work this could be the best GP4 track ever!!

Pankykapus
Date: September 01, 2005 10:37PM
Posted by: warringtonj
wow good screenies i cant wait 4 the release of this track
Date: September 02, 2005 09:38AM
Dont really have any good pics of bridges cept the one in turn 1.

heres one i've done from a low-res screengrab just at the end of the long straight

Date: September 02, 2005 04:27PM
Very very Nice Fongu. There are 3 of these. 1 with DHL, one with Panasonic, one with RBS.
The RBS bridge at the beginning of the long turn 2. The panasonic bridge is at the beginning of the turn 8 complex. The DHL bridge is at the bottom of the hill 1/2 way through the fastest back part of the track.

Well, I took my 1st drive around Istanbul last night and realized I was practically driving over what felt like rail road ties. Meaning my track is a bumpy mess at places. Even though it looks smooth. But once I got down in there real close. I guess it is a bit bumpy. I have started to go through the track sector by sector and smooth it the best I can. I wish there was a tool for this.
Anyway. possibly more pictures this evening. some folks are wanting to see the turn 8 complex. I have to say... When driving through that complex.... It is a BLAST! You have to limit the throttle and tug that wheel to the left for a good long time. I cant wait to get this track working right. I want to do some testing.

Salute
Schaller
Date: September 02, 2005 04:52PM
cool, those were the bridges i was planning to do, just need better pics!

I'll probs do em now, so expect an email with toys for your test later ;-)

Date: September 02, 2005 06:20PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Hey don't knock bumpy tracks schaller, if you have force feedback it's great fun, especially if they are mountainous things, then the car kind of spins and hits a wall somewhere :p
Date: September 02, 2005 09:03PM
I noticed this Zepplin. It is rather enjoyable to have some bumps in the track. But I was not exagerating when I said it felt like I was riding over railroad tracks for at least 1/3 of the track :) I'm working on smoothing manually and its not going to bad so far.
I sent the .dat, so you could check that problem I am having with the slight rotatoin of the car causing the rear tires to look like they are in the ground and the front look like they are off the ground.
Thanks for all your efforts.

Salute
Schaller
Date: September 02, 2005 11:13PM
Posted by: watercolours
i don't know where each bridge is located on the track but here are the ones i can find. not very close shots though, hope it helps...

foster's

panasonic

rbs

dhl

bridges without ads (shots probably taken before the ads were hung, so nice chance to view the details)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2005 11:20PM by watercolours.
Date: September 03, 2005 08:36PM
Hey schaller I made some progress with your cc-line, at my last attempt the cars were getting 1:23:4's with increased grip so I think if I can fix the one or two problems I had with it in places, i should be able to get it down to the 1:22's which will be about 1:24 with standard grip.
Date: September 03, 2005 10:08PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
thats nice zeppelin101 but raikkonen drove 1:26.7 in de qualification so yours are going to hard :D
great that the cc-line is getting better i only wanted to say that the cars didn't drove 1.23's on real turkey

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: September 03, 2005 10:18PM
1:23's with 125% grip and 2011 on the tires in the physics lol. I like my cars to be glued to the road. When I finish this version (on the final three corners) I will put the grip down to standard and set everything as standard and then we'll see what the best times are.

P.S Montoya got a 1:24.9 in the race :p

EDIT: Well, how's a 1:21:3 with my huge amounts of grip? Or a 1:32 with the standard gp4 physics lol. As far as I'm concerned, the line is perfect, as the cars are flat out where they should be, and they are touching the throttle and brake where they ought to, so I'll have to see what schaller thinks wont I?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2005 11:07PM by zeppelin101.
Date: September 04, 2005 04:34AM
Hello all. The new cc line is great. Thanks Zepplin. the grip levels I have the cars came down to running 1.27's where I had them at 1.28's at best. The CC line looks much better visually too. Great improvement. I'm not running proper grip levels I'm sure. Its close enough and mighty fun to drive, but the smoothing efforts are proving to me meticulous and rough. It is great fun to drive and flat in the turn 8 complex, so no bumps to worry about there.
I made a 28 meg avi with fraps and I will post it soon. I want to build a quick web page page for the track and I'll try to keep a blog or something to list latest works and pics. Workin on it now. Link later.

Salute
Schaller

Date: September 04, 2005 08:08AM
Posted by: pankykapus
Wow Great news!!!
Date: September 04, 2005 08:54AM
Posted by: JamesM
Fantastic work guys :D

I'm having a go at this bridge myself for a fantasy track, let me know if you need it - its about 90% complete atm.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy