Turkey (Istanbul Speed Park) in Progress

Posted by GPFreak04 
Re: Turkey (Istanbul Speed Park) in Progress
Date: August 24, 2005 07:37PM
Posted by: schaller
Hello Pankykapus. I have not asked Fongu to use his objects. I saw they were being made and figured he was working with a few others to build a track.
I would be happy to include them and give full credit of cource.
I see Fongu was monitoring this thread, maybe he will have something to say. Otherwise I will contact him.
His objects are fantastic. I would really have to work hard to bring my track up to the standards of his artistry. but I like a challenge.
More soon.

Salute
Schaller
Date: August 24, 2005 08:07PM
Posted by: pankykapus
Hi Schaller.

You're the first guy in this forum who could write down my name correctly. :p

Anyway, it would be great to have the files from Fongu 'cause your work looks awesome.

Pankykapus
Date: August 24, 2005 08:30PM
Posted by: fongu
yep gimme a pm or email or add me to msn or whatever and i'll help you out as much as you want. I missed the GP and bit busy over the next few weeks, but i can give you what i have, as main grandstand just needs texturing and main paddock and other stands might need a touch up here and there. Anyways, whoever wants em, get in touch

Date: August 24, 2005 09:44PM
Posted by: Scotty_Doo
This looks promosing, cant wait for hte release, i want to try ther tricky turn 8 ;) hehehe
wow... this really looks promising, can't wait.. Didn't think that a track could be made so fast :)

The track of f1 2005 on PS2 is quite good.. but I think that's just pethatic. Formula 1 is all about accuracy and smooth driving, that PS2 game, is everything BUT that.. just horrible such games are made for the F1

Date: August 25, 2005 12:40AM
Posted by: eddycrazy
ok for the guys that are working on this awesome track here his 2 video.

3 onboard laps with montoya
[rapidshare.de]

1 1/2 lap onboard with shumi
[rapidshare.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2005 12:41AM by eddycrazy.
Date: August 25, 2005 02:18AM
eddycrazy: Thanks for the links to the videos. they will help a bunch. I've watched them here for a little while and my elevation changes are about 70 percent correct. The beginning of the fastest 2 sections, turn 10 I have all down hill and its actually level for about 150 meters and then starts down hill. other than that, i'm close.

all: I sent an email to Fongu to request the objects. I cant wait to see if I can get them encorporated.
Thanks again.

Schaller
Date: August 25, 2005 07:23PM
Any Updates???
Date: August 25, 2005 07:23PM
Any Updates???
Date: August 25, 2005 07:33PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
wow man one time is enough :P lol, double posts.. why is that possible?

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: August 25, 2005 08:46PM
I communicated with Fongu. He is working on a car, but said he will try to get the obects to me soon.
I am smoothing some rough spots on the track and I'm working on some verges. I'll post some screen shots tonight. These videos posted above really gave me some better ideas of how to do the inclines in a couple sections. Pictures tonight.

Schaller
Date: August 26, 2005 12:24PM
Posted by: fongu
updated the paddock a bit today, added the podium, changed the colours a bit. Its not hugely accurate, but should serve its purpose well enough!

Anyways, the objects arent exclusive, so anyone else wanting to use em can get in touch ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2005 12:25PM by fongu.
Date: August 26, 2005 12:51PM
Posted by: Sauber89
very nice mate :)

Date: August 26, 2005 01:08PM
Posted by: jawwad01
cooool!!!
Date: August 26, 2005 01:28PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
looks almost real, at first :o

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 26, 2005 02:48PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Very cool
Date: August 26, 2005 03:14PM
Posted by: Willb
Nice work!

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: August 28, 2005 05:44AM
Hello. An Istanbul update. Here are some pics. they have problems though. I am using them in the tracked editing thread for some info, but I thought I should give an update on the status of the istanbul track. Here are the pics.

I said I would be releasing the track in a few days, but I've hacked it to death and its in a state of disrepare, but it should all come together quickly. I fix these problems, move some objects into place amd it will be drivable, but I want to make it look as good as possible, so please bear with me.

Thanks

Schaller.
Date: August 28, 2005 06:03AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
ok, looks good!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 28, 2005 08:47AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Great to hear you are still working on it! I am really looking forward to the day when you can finish it and we get a chance to drive there!

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy