GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Tyrant Motorsports

Mixed feelings inside the team after the feature race. Could've been in for some more points had it not been for the contact from Von Draxeler. Still, to have qualified for the feature race inside the top 10 and finish the feature race inside the top 10 shows that the car does has pace in it. Shame for Collins though. As I stated before, the lack of pre-season testing for him is the main reason for his poor performance since he hasn't had a chance to get used to the car. Now our focus moves over to our race cars. We are putting our faith into both Warrington and Cremasco for sure. They have a chance to perform well here if they can maximise the pace from the car, so qualifying will be of utmost importance for them both.

Good. 7th and 8th, only to start our last championship!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Encouraging pace from the Snake cars, Maikel doing really well. We'll have to try to replicate this in the main game race.
Bit of bad luck for Nick having that suspension failure, maybe stuffing him full of donuts at the pitstop wasn't such a good idea. I'll take the podium finish, but I wont be taking of my stinky race shoe for the champers. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Both cars in the points is surely not a bad result, although I had hoped for both in the top ten after the qualifying. Nonetheless, it's a solid start and I'm happy with Michael's performance. Without the messed up pit stop, he surely would have fought for a top 5 finish. Good job mate, and we'll do our best to give you a better pit stop timing in the next feature race.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
I have a major issue with my PC. I've run qualifying and have the screens for the coverage, but everytime I try to run the race I always get a very high Processor Occupancy value. That slows the game down and I can't get the screenshots taken because of this. If I can't get this sorted, would someone be able to do the race coverage if I send them the save file to use? I can still upload qualifying coverage since I have the screens for that, so it would be for the race only.

Mullet345 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a major issue with my PC. I've run
> qualifying and have the screens for the coverage,
> but everytime I try to run the race I always get a
> very high Processor Occupancy value. That slows
> the game down and I can't get the screenshots
> taken because of this. If I can't get this sorted,
> would someone be able to do the race coverage if I
> send them the save file to use? I can still upload
> qualifying coverage since I have the screens for
> that, so it would be for the race only.

Same issue with both mods, insanely high PO (>4000). Also happens on other tracks from the trackpack. An that with a low quality f1graphics, which is for recording races.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
I had the same issue with Melbourne when I was testing the boost systems. Suzuka worked fine. Thought it was just me. But it's strange that it was working well for you with the testers mod and not with the race mod.

Another few starts, it seems a few odd ones work fine. Guess it was pure luck for the testers race.

Malaysia as next one in line gives the same issues.

Some mods
Unless I was extremely lucky just now, it appears to be caused by the mod. Using the trackpack Melbourne I started several races with my 2015 mod, which is quite heavy in terms of graphics, had no problems whatsoever.

Edit: Think I found the culprit, blame me.

Some mods

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2017 02:47PM by kedy89.
Could everyone who experienced this issue try removing the AMS textures (GPSAVES\Carsets\GPGSL S11\Data\Cars\AMS\Tex) from the mod, then try again a few times if it works now?

Some mods
Good race for me getting my first point of the season and feel sorry for Ed who seems to had a lot of problems passing other cars.

LAMH DEARG EIRIN

GPGSL Alpha Motorsports, S13 Race Driver #8 S14 Race Driver #2, S15 Race Driver #2
kedy89 schrieb:
> Could everyone who experienced this issue try
> removing the AMS textures (GPSAVES\Carsets\GPGSL
> S11\Data\Cars\AMS\Tex) from the mod, then try
> again a few times if it works now?

Strangely, it seemed to work for Melbourne. Worked fine in 5 attempts. Could be coincidental, though, cause Malaysia still has a horrible lag issue for me.

Seems it was a coincidence.

I'm clueless. It appears to be working fine once textures from one team, no matter which one, are removed.

Also could reproduce the same issue with the S10 mod. And I'm fairly certain I didn't have any with it when playing around with it during S10.

Doubt now that it's the mod.

You both on Nvidia, John and Greg? Maybe a GPU driver update at some point between S10 and S11 f'ed something up. Wouldn't be a first...

Some mods
kedy89 schrieb:
> You both on Nvidia, John and Greg? Maybe a GPU
> driver update at some point between S10 and S11
> f'ed something up. Wouldn't be a first...

Yeah, I am. Didn't notice any issues with other games, though. So if it's a driver issue, it must be something related specifically to GP4. Somebody with an AMD card and new drivers here who could counter-test?

Could you do one more test? Resize the textures in the Cars folder by 0.5. Just did that, and it worked fine running at Melbourne.

Some mods
A promising result despite the pit stop chaos (Y)

My GPGSL Career
I got it working (for now) without reducing the textures. I was on the 376.xx NVidia driver before and now updated to the latest 381.65 from April 6th. After this, it ran all smoothly in Melbourne, Sepang and Barcelona. Dunno if this works for either of you (if you are already on 381.65 maybe try a reinstall), nor if this is a permanent fix for me or just another coincidental case of it working, but as long as it runs, I'll spare myself the tex file reduction.

I already am on 381.65 :/

Maybe have to try completely wiping the driver and reinstalling it.

Some mods
Guys, what is the size of the cars.wad currently? Some time ago I noticed that there is sort of an upper limit on cars.wad filesize. The critical size is somewhere around 250-300 MB iirc. Might be related to memory or VAS, I'm not sure. Running into this limit will result in a massive performance penalty. Try deleting unused files inside the .wad or resize the textures and it should work. My experience was that it is not a driver issue.

edit: reading the posts again I'm pretty sure that this is the problem here, as removing or downsizing fixes the issue.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2017 07:50PM by n00binio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy