GPGSL S11: R14 Flevoland GP [VACANCIES, join now!!! || R13 QUAL online p.157, RACE p.158!!!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Stoopid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 15th and 21st? Are you kidding me? :(

Diax F1 Wrote:
> Are you actually kidding me...first race for Aston
> Martin and I start 21st...

I think traffic may have played a part in that (exiting the lane in front of cars about to start their flying lap).

I'll take fifth, and Nick will have to pedal harder. :-) Shouldn't the topic header be changed?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Yeah dafuq was that?

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Sweet first outing for Michael. Good job mate. Not so happy with my eleventh, but there's a chance for points.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Coverage for the feature race is going along quite well. Hopefully I can upload all parts by tonight.

GPGSL Rd 1 Australian GP – Tester’s Feature Race

Part 1

Hello and welcome to the season opener of GPGSL Season 11. We are here at Albert Park, Melbourne and the first event of the weekend is the session for the test drivers. We saw qualifying earlier today to determine the grid for their feature race, and it was Carlos Rodriguez who took pole position. However, since he is currently doing double duty for MPR, any points he scores in the race will not be counted (same applies to Jalving and Worseling). Anyways, the cars are returning from their warmup lap so let’s head trackside as we get set for the start.

Weather Report

Here we go. The cars have returned from the warmup lap and we are set for a start. Rodriguez is on pole, and alongside him is Cormier. When the lights are out, it’s go time.

They’re off!

Rodriguez converts pole into an early lead. Meanwhile, Cormier and Sheppard are battling each other for 2nd.

The battle goes to Sheppard.

O’Brien had a pretty bad start, sliding down to 6th from 4th on the grid. He currently has his sights set on chasing down Soutsen.

As for Soutsen, he finds himself right on the backside of Stoddart.

Collins in the second Tyrant looks to have suffered a terrible start as well.

Rodriguez is very close to having a lead of .5s.

Sheppard will be hoping to keep the MPR in his sights. Also, here’s a close-up of Sheppard’s helmet.

We have a train starting to form behind Soutsen’s MTP.

Von Draxeler has a good view of the cars ahead of him.

Jalving looks to be struggling with his MPR.

Maverick’s in trouble with locked brakes.

He manages to keep it together, but now has Moinet right on his rear.

De Boer sits in 9th, ahead of Vilela and behind Mills. He’ll be hoping to keep hold of his position.

However, that may prove to be slightly difficult for the Snake driver as a train of drivers is forming behind him.

Greenhalgh has managed to get ahead of Ingers.

O’Brien is still doing his best to close in on Soutsen. Also, he has to watch out for Von Draxeler who isn’t that far behind.

We have trouble for one of the Mistrals.

It was Moinet who ran wide, and now he has a group of cars behind him ready to take advantage of his recovering.

Replay time. McGregor had gone to the inside to attempt a passing move on Moinet.

He managed to get alongside, but failed to leave enough space for the Mistral. As a result, Moinet was forced out wide while McGregor takes the position. Greenhalgh was also able to get ahead.

Ingers is the first in line to make a passing attempt on the Mistral.

McGregor now has his hands full holding back Greenhalgh.

That looks too close for comfort for O’Neill and Steer.

The Alpha driver locks up slightly, and it’s enough to cause him to run into the rear of the Snake.

O’Neill manages to keep it together, but now has Michail on his rear. As for Steer, he runs wide and off the track as a result of the contact.

Steer manages to get back ontrack, but now sits in last place.

O’Neill now has O’Brien right in front of him. What has happened to the Tyrant driver, considering he was running in 6th?

As the replay shows, he had run wide and off the track. But it doesn’t show if it was his own mistake, or if he was hit from behind.

Maybe this will tell more of the story. Von Draxeler had gone to the inside in an attempt to make a pass on O’Brien.

But he didn’t move over far enough and as a result made contact with the rear of the Tyrant. The end result leaves O’Brien out in the grass.

It looks like Michail had slowed down slightly to avoid contact, and Jalving easily gets ahead of the Mistral.

Michail has lost another position, this time to Worseling.

Fastest Lap doesn’t count for anything in Tester Feature Races, but that doesn’t stop Cormier from taking it.

As we focus in on Rodriguez, let’s check out the current standings.

It looks like Worseling has a problem with his SCR.

He pulls off to the side and comes to a halt. It’s Suspension Failure that results in his retirement from the race.

The timing shows how the top 10 have moved since the start of the race.

The top 3 are still all close to each other.

Mills would be happy with his current position.

Rodriguez now has the fastest lap. He’ll be hoping the pace he currently has will transfer over to his actual race car when it comes time for the race drivers to hit the track. Meanwhile, O’Brien can’t seem to break away from O’Neill.

Now Von Draxeler has the fastest lap.

Jalving can’t match his teammates pace. He probably won’t be too happy about that.

The battle for the wooden spoon is on between Collins and Steer.

Maverick would be happy to be running inside the top 10.

Stoddart still has a chance to make it into the top 3 as long as he keeps the MAC Racing car in his sights.

McGregor is right on the back of Maverick. However, something has happened in the background between the AMR and Mistral.

It’s Moinet and Ingers who have made contact. We need a replay to see how it happened.

As it shows, Ingers was chasing down Moinet.

But on the run down to the corner, Ingers ended up bumping into Moinet. That results in Moinet running wide and Ingers spinning.

Ingers manages to get going again, though he did end up backing into the wall in the process. That might be an issue for the AMR driver.

Moinet was also able to get going again, and incredibly he only lost a few positions in the process.

Time for a break. We hope to be back again soon.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2017 01:27AM by GPGTV.org/farked.
GPGSL Rd 1 Australian GP - Tester's Feature Race

Part 2

Welcome back.

We return from the break to find Kittleson attempting a passing move on Michail.

However, contact is made between the two cars and Michail is forced out wide and off the track.

Michail is able to continue on, but will not be happy with how that went down.

Rodriguez’s lead looks to be increasing.

As we ride onboard with Sheppard, let’s check out the current standings.

It looks like Cormier is closing in on Sheppard. If he can get closer, then the battle for 2nd will become interesting to see.

Maverick and McGregor are still at it.

However, Greenhalgh is now getting involved in their battle.

Replay shows that, from McGregor’s view, Maverick was attempting to make a move on Vilela.

But the MTP driver failed to get ahead, allowing the MAC driver to close in.

As Maverick fought to try and hold McGregor back, it allowed Greenhalgh to close in on both of them.

This is going to be very close between the three cars.

That looks like contact between the Alpha and MTP.

That leaves Greenhalgh out wide.

He’ll need to be careful when rejoining.

He manages to rejoin, but is now much further back in the field.

Here’s the trackside camera view of the contact between Greenhalgh and Maverick.

Any closer to the left for Jalving would’ve led to a crash for the MPR driver.

Kittleson has managed to get ahead of Moinet.

This may explain how the AMR was able to get ahead. Moinet looks to have slowed down to avoid hitting Greenhalgh’s Alpha.

As a result, that left Moinet a sitting duck to Kittleson as the AMR driver was able to take the corner without the need to slow down.

Now Kittleson wants his chance to get by Greenhalgh.

Is this his chance to get ahead?

It’s not. Kittleson has spun in the same way that Ingers had earlier. This means he has made contact with Greenhalgh.

Kittleson was able to get going, but now has his teammate right behind him. This feature race for AMR has not been going well.

As for Greenhalgh, he would surely be an angry man right now.

O’Brien finds himself back in the points.

Pitstops are now underway.

Soutsen is held up in the pits.

Kittleson and Greenhalgh are both in for their stop.

Stoddart has rejoined from his stop, but has to watch out for Moinet. He won’t want to damage his new tyres while defending his position.

Ingers is looking for a move on Soutsen.

And the AMR driver succeeds in getting ahead.

More pitstops are about to take place.

Vilela has rejoined in front of Soutsen.

Soutsen goes for a move, but locks up in the process.

Maverick would’ve seen that for sure.

The top 3 are all in for their stop together.

Who will emerge in front?

It looks like the order stays the same.

O’Neill and Moinet are in for their stop.

O’Neill has rejoined in front of McGregor.

More pitstops yet again.

This doesn’t look good for Cormier.

The MAC driver was forced to run wide to avoid contact.

That is so close to a big hit with Stoddart. In the distance, one of the Tyrants has gone off as well.

It’s Collins who has gone off.

Replay shows that he ran wide to avoid contact with the Snake that was rejoining from the pits.

The way he went off though is what led to him spinning out while recovering.

He manages to get going again, but has lost a ton of time in the process.

As for Cormier, he has ended up behind Mills. He won’t be too happy with himself.

O’Brien is once again back in the points.

Kittleson has made a minor error and runs wide and off the track as a result.

He is able to continue on at least.

Steer is in, which leaves Collins as the last driver to still make a stop.

With all cars having made their compulsory stop asides from one, let’s check out the current standings.

Time for our last break of the coverage. When we return, we’ll go through to the end of the race.

GPGTV Youtube Channel
ONE RACING PIT RADIO:

Turner: "Erick, are you OK?"
Von Draxeler: "Yes, boss. I wasn't guilty, I had already made the maneuver to overtake him and he took my front!!"
Turner: "Don't worry. Race direction didn't say me nothing until now!"

Turner: "Rodrigo, you had a little problem on engine, it isn't generating enough power!"
Vilela: "I see, the car has no speed at all on the straight lines."
Turner: "I think the problem can be solved in your box stop."
Vilela: "We hope, boss!"

(before 2nd part of race coverage) ;)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2017 01:39PM by Rod_vs.
GPGSL season kicking off the action on Good Friday, and if things keep going the way they are on track, this could well be a VERY Good Friday for Demon Racing........(Y)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Damn, 150 pics for 13 laps? :-O

That's... massive.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
-sigh- horrendous test race for me and Stuart.

12th place after 13 laps. Ed is having a hell of a race. Hope we can both finish the race in one piece and gain some valuable points.
kedy89 Schreef:
> Damn, 150 pics for 13 laps? :-O
>
> That's... massive.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes Tobi... never seen before, a lot of pics...

How many pics for the last 7 laps... anyone a guess ?

I say 100 pics to go ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
damn it, it was so good before the pits :-(

btw, great coverage, Greg! more pics = more fun

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2017 07:10PM by Soutsen.
MTP Team Radio

Maverick: Why's Michael now right in front of me?
Engineer: He was held up in the pits. Don't worry about him, concentrate on your own race.
Maverick: Damn, that sucks.
Engineer: What was that with Greenhalgh before?
Maverick: He got too close. If he hadn't hit me there, he would have run wide in the corner, nothing I could do to avoid it.
Engineer: Copy, we'll forward this to the stewards. Go your pace for now and back up points as the major goal.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
If I win, can I get half a point? :-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanddd i'm done luckly there is still qualy and a race for me, since i am not a test driver!!

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
The new cars look really nice! But, what happened to Soutsen? hot

GPGSL - Yakuza driver

GPGSL activity check app: Direct link - Source code - Have you posted?
GPGSL Rd 1 Australian GP - Tester's Feature Race

Part 3

Welcome back for the final time.

Steer has rejoined in front of Moinet, leaving the Mistral driver the task of trying to get by.

With Collins now having made his stop, that means all drivers have made their stop.

Both MTP are inside the points. That would bring a smile to Maverick’s face.

Stoddart currently holds the final podium spot. No doubt he’ll be pleased with this should he manage to hold it till the end.

Rodriguez still leads, but Sheppard still has him in his sight.

It looks like Steer has managed to pull away slightly from Moinet.

Cormier may have a chance to take 4th away from Mills if he can get closer to the Demon.

Von Draxeler has De Boer in his sights.

We have 5 laps left to go.

Let’s check out the current standings.

Steer has lost a couple of positions.

Replay shows he was defending from Moinet, but got crossed up on the exit of the corner. That allowed both Moinet and Ingers to get ahead.

With the lead out to 1.5s, the race is now Rodriguez’s to win or lose.

4 laps left to go.

The timing shows how the top 10 have moved since the start.

O’Neill sits in 12th. That will give him 1pt should he manage to keep the position.

3 laps left now.

The two MTPs can’t seem to break away from each other.

Ingers may not be happy with how his race has been going, but at least he can hope for much better from AMR when the race drivers hit the track.

2 laps left.

Not too long to go now for Rodriguez.

O’Brien has been doing his best to close in on Vilela, but time is running out for him.

6th for De Boer in his return to his own team would be a really good result for him.

It’s been a fantastic race here today from Rodriguez. He won’t get to keep the points he gains, but at least he can be happy with the pace of the MPR.

He comes through the final corner for the last time.

And he takes the chequered flag to win the tester’s feature race.

Sheppard takes 2nd.

Stoddart rounds off the podium in 3rd.

The feature race has now come to a close. Congratulations Carlos Rodriguez and MPR, the winner of the race. It may only be a feature race for the testers, but it has shown that MPR does have pace in their car. For AMR though, it was a terrible session for both drivers. Anyways, next up for the season opener will be qualifying for the race drivers. Who will claim pole position for the first round of the new season? We’ll find out the answer to that tomorrow. So until then, it’s goodbye from Albert Park.

GPGTV Youtube Channel
GPGSL Rd 1 Australian GP Official Tester's Feature Race Result

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy