GrandPrixGames Nations Cup Season 3 [Round 17 - World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi: Race pg 81-82!]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
After that disaster of a race, I've a couple of questions... how did Philippines finish 10th (retirements & carnage I guess, even Sarosa was involved many times) & how did Sarosa manage to stay on the same lap? XDD Crazy race, but 2 to go, & I just hope for more stable performances from Sarosa, as can't have my heart going like Eau Rouge all the time XD Congrats to the small nation of Fiji & their gorgeous car

A Scotsman in Indonesia. A fan of the Far East & all their drivers & an advocate of women in motorsport / GPGNC - S3: Team Philippines, S4/S5: Team Japan, S6: Team Indonesia (S6 runner-up)
Rubbish race for Team USA...
...hopefully the Swiss transition nect year will bring us some good luck! :P

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
SakuMiku Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After that disaster of a race, I've a couple of
> questions... how did Philippines finish 10th
> (retirements & carnage I guess, even Sarosa was
> involved many times) & how did Sarosa manage to
> stay on the same lap? XDD Crazy race, but 2 to go,
> & I just hope for more stable performances from
> Sarosa, as can't have my heart going like Eau
> Rouge all the time XD Congrats to the small nation
> of Fiji & their gorgeous car

Guess Sarosa had luck on his side? That's all I can think of.

What a crazy race, and another retirement, the 4th so far

Maybe Mexico will be left out next season
...thinking about change to Brazil and relive their old days of glory from season 1

5th turned out to be quite disappointing for Team Ireland.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
After what was a mad race, I'm just pleased we managed to bring the car home in second. Fiji were on another planet today, so respect to them for taking the win, even if we'd loved to have grabbed it in front of the home fans.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Well that's a nice Christmas present!! SENSATIONAL drive by Cacau, great work in garage by the team and the potential of the F1-J1 finally unleashed.

Here's hoping for another win before the end of the season :)
So what's the situation regarding Team France's penalty for failing to make their second stop? Would be nice to get it sorted out and then we will have the official results. Knowing Team Bulgaria, I bet even they would want to know the outcome and see whether they remain 4th, or move up to 3rd.

Well i can tell you that the French are not happy about this penalty, but will reluctantly accept it. This failure to take a pitstop is NOT our fault. However, the rules are the rules....
We Frenchies have been on a charge lately in form, and even though it appears we will only lose 1 position in the standings, we dread to think what this could do in weeks to come, as the championship winds down - we would hate to lose our chance at a title, due to this GP4 bug!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
We indeed are waiting for the final decision to be made. We feel sympathy to french team, but the rules are the rules and we believe that if they were to make their pit stop they would not be on 3rd position at the final. The difference is one point, so I beleive their ambitions will not be hurt that much after (and if) the penalty is imposed.

Congratulations once again to team Fiji and with that victory their chances look really better. Team GB will stand on 2nd position in general championship and I believe that there will be a hard battle in last two races for top 5 position.
Two more races to go; hopefully we can leave this series on a high note.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
France Penalty for Round 15 - British Grand Prix

Having mulled over the race results with a glass of wine and a mince pie, the GPGNC Stewards have decided to allocate a 10 second penalty to the French team for not taking a second pitstop. This penalty retains consistency with the penalty allocated to Netherlands in Monaco as well as being an accurate reflection of time gained due to one less pitstop. France have accepted this penalty and as such will be demoted from 3rd to 4th position, promoting Bulgaria up into 3rd and on to the podium.

We are of course not happy with having to inflict a penalty, and with the rules being looked at for season 4, changes may be brought in to stop this sort of incident in the future.

Tables will be produced soon/tomorrow, once the GPGNC board has fully recovered/reconvened!

Sorry if certain posts (the one above) were a little slow, my family have this bizarre tradition of no computers on/just before christmas so i couldn't get near a laptop to post!

As for the race, all I can say is several things were thrown when the car packed up.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
For me is wrong the penalty to the French team, because the fact that they had a one pitstop only it is a bug of GP4, but well, no choice than to accept it. I agree with what says Glen, but goes beyond of my sympathy to the French team and people.

I'd have thought a penalty of 20 seconds would have been more acceptable.

I believe that is the method used when the same bug occurs in the GPGSL.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
20 seconds covers the time gained by doing 1 stop less than the others, but you also have to take into account the time lost due to the higher fuel load and worn tyres. In my experience (from running the F1 Manager races) there's not that big difference between 1 and 2 stops, normally the 2 stoppers are even faster (on 100% distance). Of course it always depends on the track, but imo a 10 seconds penalty is appropriate here.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
However getting a penalty beyond your own control sucks very much, sympathy to team France. I agree that rules are rules. IMO 10 seconds is enough, like Tobi says: it's not only pitstop time, also fuel load and tyre wear.

If we want to play the game without the bug there are only two options:

- Only 1 mandatory pitstop instead of 2
- Mixed strategy's, let GP4 decide which team does 1 and which does 2 (50-50)(with this one however there are always the grand prixs were some will suffer more then others (monaco for example).

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
The GPGSL used to give a 12.5 second penalty for one stopping. We have since moved to one stop races to prevent the need for penalties.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Just want to put my hand up to run the final round of this season. So if anyone else wants to run the San Marino GP, feel free to do so. But which version of Imola will be used? 1994 version? Or 1995 version?

I can run it, but since my desktop has passed away dont expect the graphics to be very good

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy