White car glitch..

Posted by Wolf. 
White car glitch..
Date: May 23, 2014 09:45PM
Posted by: Wolf.
I'm pretty sure there have been posts like this alot of times already... and i looked em up, but i still ended up with white cars.. ive done alot of things, deleting or replacing 'hi_' from the textures,
editing graphics in the game, setting everything to high, without result, putting 1 or 0 in increase car texture quality, now, i can see the shapes of it, ofcourse. But it tends to see old textures on it, like a ferrari logo where it shouldnt even belong, or mixed up textures, while everything is placed in order, with the right teamname and number..
Re: White car glitch..
Date: May 23, 2014 11:31PM
Posted by: mortal
Some more information would be useful. Is it a mod? Have you changed the wad? System specs? Have you tried replacing the cars.wad? Screenshot?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 24, 2014 01:46AM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
When you rename textures with GP4Builder, you need to rename the textures of every lod (0, 1, 2, 3, 4) for each car. Only renaming lod 0 means you are ending up at white textures. Once I had the same problem and we searched for weeks until someone found my mistake. ;) I hope I could help you with this information. :-)
Date: May 26, 2014 08:37PM
@mortal, yeah i did replace the cars.wad, but that ran fine, until i installed the mod. I cant get CSM to work and all that stuff. I just replaced the textures and the shapes, after i correctly renamed them... Which worked fine in a 2012 mod...
Date: May 26, 2014 08:53PM
To also notify that, my system specs didnt really matter at that point, as stuff worked fine earlier, till i had to start from scratch cause of messing around with circuits...

@TGF1DRIVER, well, theyre lod0's already, didnt need to rename that.

But yeah... at one moment, the carbonfiber suspension of the wheels came around, saw them with correct textures but, then after messing around with the rest, to see
if i could get the textures of the cars... that dissolved.. sadly. Funny thing is, that the shapes do work. The textures just dont really tend to get their stuff going, like, im gonna post a screenshot at this topic about the problem anytime soon, but for now, ill just describe as, most cars are plain white. some arent, they got textures from the original cars, of the sidepods, at the monocoque of the modcar.
So i'd see a 2013 McLaren, with a 2002sidepodtexture on the nose.

PS, if anyone can get me an extremely detailed guide of CSM on win7, id be so happy.
And is there any place where i can get the GP4tweaker? The one i downloaded wasnt really much of a tweaker.....
Date: May 26, 2014 09:14PM
Posted by: quickslick
if you write you've replaced the textures and shapes in the cars wad, did you deleted all the old textures of the cars in the cars wad and did you overwrite all existing lods of the cars with the new ones? it's important to do this
Date: May 26, 2014 09:56PM
Posted by: Lo2k
It sounds like a mismatching texture size and .tex saved sizes.
To check this, use texresizer (click my signature banner below to get it if you havn't it yet) and open one of the texture that doesn't display properly.
Then check the written height and width size with the actual size of the biggest texture of this .tex file (convert it in .tga and check the real size of the picture).
They probably don't match so setting height and width to actual size could fix the problem.
Not sure that's your problem but it could be one reason.

Date: May 27, 2014 01:54PM
@quickslick, Everything was replaced and deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2014 01:58PM by Wolf..
Date: May 27, 2014 01:59PM
Looking into it now.
Date: May 27, 2014 02:05PM
Lo2k, The max sizes: height and width is 4096... And i loaded a .tga file into the texResizer ending up with the same sizes..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2014 02:11PM by Wolf..
Date: May 27, 2014 03:00PM
First screenshot..
Second screenshot
Third screenshot
4th screenshot

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2014 04:26PM by Wolf..
Date: May 27, 2014 04:20PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
I know only two possibilities: 1. You did something wrong when renaming textures, or 2. You haven't installed the official GP4 9.6 Patch, but using a decrypted.exe. This can cause the problem as well, but I tend to the first one. Check your cars with GP4Builder. If they are white there as well than the problem was renaming, otherwise I don't know.
Date: May 27, 2014 04:26PM
TGF1DRIVER, ill surely look into it. Thanks :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy