GrandPrixGames Nations Cup Season 3 [Round 17 - World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi: Race pg 81-82!]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
That was pretty good...hopefully we don't have any more issues come the race!

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
15th, just two spots behind Germany isn't to bad seeing that we have used no boost here.

Can only hope we can creep into the points from here.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
A bit disappointing but we will make our way to the front from there

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Well folks we have a... situation...

The race has been run and there is a result (3 retirements, a winner, all that sort of thing). However it seems a team have used over their allowance of boost in the generation of this result. Per my tables Argentina had 500 boost remaining before Round 16, but submitted an 800 boost now which has only just been noticed by me. This leaves me with 3 options:

1) Keep the result as it is and deal out a -300 boost deduction to Argentina in the final round.

2) Rerun the race, reducing the race performance of Argentina to 200 to reflect boost left.

3) Rerun the entire weekend, using Q: 150 R: 350 as the Argentina boost.

As with all decision I try and keep them open for everyone to see, so if everyone has a preference on which should be used let me know. Re-runs of either session are not a problem but will obviously take extra time to setup and post.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
I would go for option 1, there is much work involved in re-running everything. It's something that can occur, no-one else noticed the mistake up to running the race.

After all it's just a game, however I would only go for a re-run if the situation would affect the championship in a large way.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
as long as he didn't effect someone else result by punting them off or running them wide then I would go with option one

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Option 1 is probably the best option to go with.

Agreed

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Hem... If I'm correct there's an issue with Italy as well : R300/Q200 boost for this race but only 100 left before this round.

Guys, I swear I didn't look that I have 500 only.
I prefer option 1 (To avoid taking away time to you because I know that it no spare). If you want as a penalty because I didn't look it can be -500 instead of -500... I want to apologize you, I hope I haven't ruined anything... Sorry...

EricMoinet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hem... If I'm correct there's an issue with Italy
> as well : R300/Q200 boost for this race but only
> 100 left before this round.

Well it seems this is spot on, thanks for pointing it out Eric. I genuinely have no idea how i've missed 700 points, but from that it looks like i'm going to have to go through every perf total and check whether what I have is correct. Sorry for the issues caused by missing on a few simple things!

@RenaultRS10 its not a problem at all, to be honest I should have noticed this beforehand and adjusted before the round began.

It seems the popular option is 1. in which case I will post the race result tomorrow, after which there will be a full announcement of the state of the perfs before the final deadline is set up so everyone is aware where they stand. As far as I am aware Argentina and Italy are the only two with issues, although bsaed on that it's not impossible there will be other mistakes...

You could also, disqualify the teams at the end of the race, like in real life.

-----------------------------------------------------

Wait, just results only? Then we won't get to see the action unfold.

Mullet345 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wait, just results only? Then we won't get to see
> the action unfold.

Oh no don't worry the whole race will be posted as usual, there's no problem with the race itself.

@X_Acto that would be a little harsh especially considering the Italy problem was due to my tables being wrong.

I go for option 1 to reduce the performance of Italy and Argentina in the final race.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Maybe teams may get some sanction of 10/20/30 (depends on race organizers) seconds added to their time in race and no more boost points penalty? This will reflect their times if they were using the actual boost points left, I believe.
Pycku, with the boost system being pretty erratic it doesn't quite work like that.

Personally I'd go for option 1, simply so that we can get this race over and done with.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Then I vote for option 1, too :)
Hi
Could you please add me to the waiting list for the Nations Cup.
My preferred team is Australia.
Thanks
Mick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy