GrandPrixGames Nations Cup Season 3 [Round 17 - World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi: Race pg 81-82!]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Not going too well, but we still running inside the top 10.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Yet another retirement :(

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Happy we didn't submit any boost there.

Round 16 - San Marino Grand Prix - Race Part 4!

Welcome back for the fourth and final time to Imola. We have seen half of the race so far, and now we bring you the 2nd half of the race in part 4 of this coverage. Let's get back to the track to complete what has so far been an intriguing race.

We are over the 50% marker and Silva is still stretching out his lead, now up to 9.5 seconds. Small gaps all the way from 2nd to 6th between Kung, Alvarez, Domenech, McGregor and Girard.

The fight for the wooden spoon of this race becomes interesting as Cremasco is all over the back of Grimaldi. No shift in the last place yet though.

With the 2nd set of pitstops on the way, here are the standings after lap 25.

And its Girard to kick them all off, quickly followed in by Taytoh. A lap later Alvarez and Vukcevic also find their way in.

No change in the order for Montenegro and France as Vukcevic comes out of the pits comfortably behind the French machine.

Another trail of cars come in to complete their second mandatory stop. Great Britain, Germany, Argentina and the leading Portugal car all come in.

Yet again another comfortable routine stop for Silva and the Portugal car maintains his clear gap. It's all falling rather nicely so far!

Behind him however there has been a change of order and Domenech has pulled yet another great stop! The mechanics have done a brilliant job today and Argentina find themselves in a net podium position!

More stoppers. Sarosa, the temporary leader Kung and Nikolov all head in for their last stop.

Smooth sailing for the South Korea team and Kung is back out with a nice margin into 2nd place.

Fiji, Australia and Japan will hope for the same as they bring themselves in for a stop.

As it is McGregor does keep his slot in the pecking order, coming back out ahead of the chasing Girard and Vukcevic.

The final group of pit stops is underway as Italy, San Marino, Canada and Monaco round the second window off.

It's a very tight exit for Silvestre as he comes very close to the back of Cauncaunibuca. He can't gain enough speed to get passed however and slots in just behind.

So with the second pit stop window complete and just 8 laps of the race remaining, this is how the running order looks.

Silvestre is close enough to make Cauncaunibuca twitchy, but the Fijian driver keeps his cool as Silvestre takes a look. Nothing doing with 6 laps remaining.

Down to 3 laps remaining. With all the incidents today Silva may have been nervous of the backmarkers, luckily Grimaldi gets comfortably out the way to let the leader through unharmed.

Alvarez has lost his podium with the pitstops and maybe he's lost his cool as he looks up going into Variante.

And the Spaniard was carrying far more speed than perhaps even he expected! He gets air from the inside kerb and shots off into the grass! Luck is slightly on the spaniard sides as he does keep the car moving forward, but not before the group of Australia, France, Montenegro and Bulgaria go passed, relegated Alvarez from a podium shot to 8th place.

It's the start of the final lap and its been clean sailing for Silva. He just has 1 lap with which to keep his cool and gain the first Portugal win of the season...

Going into the final lap and Nikolov has caught right onto the back of France and Montenegro. Probably not enough time to get himself an extra position however.

And he does it! Silva sweeps through the final corner flawlessly and takes the win! It's been an impeccable drive for the Portugese driver and he's fully deserved the win!

Kung has had a fairly quiet day but some good stops and being in the right place at the right time has given the Korean an incredibly strong podium position with 2nd.

Argentina are very strong contenders for driver of the day. From 9th some brilliant pit strategy has given Domenech an absolutely fantastic podium.

So that's that, perhaps a slightly anti-climatic end after an incident packed first half of the race, but hopefully enough to keep all the punters happy. We move one step closer to the title being decided with things getting closer than ever. Just Abu Dhabi left to crown the champion of S3, no double points on offer i'm afraid but I can guarantee more action and spectacle than certain of motorsports!

Full race results to come!

YAY! First win ever for Portugal. After three frustration seasons finally a much deserved win.

Lots of wine, beer and girls for our driver tonight. :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Oh...arsebiscuits.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
By my math, in the last round we will have the following scenario

Germany - 72 Points - 700 boost points
Bulgaria - 70 Points - 400 boost points
Great Britain - 68 Points - 1000 boost points
Australia - 67 Points - 1000 boost points
France - 61 Points - 1000 boost points

Oh come on! This season is really down the drain now!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Portugal had a big advantage, we never had the pace to catch them, but a 2nd place is awesome
Cut the points lead by more than half and with a full boost allocation left in the bank we will be giving it everything to steal this championship. I think it would be the first time ever that someone has come from 4th in the last round to win the championship but we can do it it.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
I believe France are already out of the battle. However from all 4 teams we have the slightest chance of winning. Still, we will give everything we can.
that's a disappointing result for us :(

My GPGSL Career
Not so good race, some points for trying.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Nothing to say from this race. Apologies to Team China for the bump in the first laps.

EricMoinet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing to say from this race. Apologies to Team
> China for the bump in the first laps.

No hard feelings. Cheng was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not much he could do to have been able to avoid it.

15th... ok. Incident free is a plus. On to the final then

A Scotsman in Indonesia. A fan of the Far East & all their drivers & an advocate of women in motorsport / GPGNC - S3: Team Philippines, S4/S5: Team Japan, S6: Team Indonesia (S6 runner-up)
Full boost didn't worked as expected, it's sad we performed poorly at our home race =(

Sorry for my little inactivity. I had problems with the PC and for now I see this on the phone.

Hehehe, we still have a reputation of good mechanics in Argentina ;)

Team France head to the season finale with hopes of notching a win. We don't really know if we are in the hunt for the title anymore, but... we will give it all!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy