GrandPrixGames Nations Cup Season 3 [Round 17 - World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi: Race pg 81-82!]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
i confirm that i will be there ,country choosed sweden
Finally, Argentina will be at least one more season.

Mullet345 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2 retirements? That's not right. Which version of
> Imola is being used?

Retirements is probably the wrong word, as both cars involved reset to the garage and continued to set the same number of timed laps as everyone else. So there was no disadvantage at any point.
The version was the 1991 trackpack version, and I agree it was a bit bizarre to see happen really. Never seen anything like it before in qualifying, but it won't have an effect on qualifying and the race.

As for the confirmations, thanks very much! And welcome to the series Heikki! That leaves just Stoopid and CaptinFranko to hear from.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
I see. If it's the 1991 version, then there shouldn't have been any issues with cars just stopping and being sent back to the pits after being 'retired' by the marshals. On 1995 and up versions, the problem was with the double right hander before the chicane where most cars went off.

Another thing, there's a good chance the eventual winner may win by more than 15 seconds, as seen in the San Marino race in the GPGSL last season with Ed Greenhalgh. Just thought I would make the warning.

Team Fiji Announcement

Subject to approval by the GPG Nations Cup Governing Body, Team Fiji would like to shift a few thousand kms south and reinvent themselves for next season as.... Team New Zealand.

"We're hoping to maintain the South Pacific vibe of the team, but hopefully our performances next season will be a little more All Black-like in success," said team boss Gareth McCarthy.

Despite the team boss being a staunch Aussie, he sees the potential shift as a positive move. "I can pay the pitcrew in sheep," he said.
gareth Wrote:
> Team Fiji Announcement
>
> Subject to approval by the GPG Nations Cup
> Governing Body, Team Fiji would like to shift a
> few thousand kms south and reinvent themselves for
> next season as.... Team New Zealand.
>
> "We're hoping to maintain the South Pacific vibe
> of the team, but hopefully our performances next
> season will be a little more All Black-like in
> success," said team boss Gareth McCarthy.
>
> Despite the team boss being a staunch Aussie, he
> sees the potential shift as a positive move. "I
> can pay the pitcrew in sheep," he said.

Hmm, New Zealand.
There was someone who said a looooong time ago, they wanted to enter as NZ for the next season. No idea who that was though. I also expressed an interest in being Team Kiwi myself, but given this earlier claim by someone, i let go of that request - is the original "claimee" still on the scene at all??

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Absolutely no idea, hence 'subject to approval' ;)

I've got a vague memory as well of someone putting their hand up for NZ, but I don't think they ever materialised.

We might need a ruling from the GPGNC Secret Council :)
I am happy to stay as France, as there are plenty of great tracks to nominate... None for NZ.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Someone remind me - what Swiss circuits are there for GP4? ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
gareth Wrote:
> Absolutely no idea, hence 'subject to approval'
> ;)
>
> I've got a vague memory as well of someone putting
> their hand up for NZ, but I don't think they ever
> materialised.
>
> We might need a ruling from the GPGNC Secret
> Council :)

You and Glen are both correct, there was someone on the waiting list as New Zealand. However they were offered a spot a couple of times with no reply so New Zealand is indeed free. The team change is approved!

As for Swiss circuits, well motor racing is basically banned in Switzerland so I'm not sure how they managed to get the backing for a team ;). Dijon may be the best option?

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Round 16 - San Marino Grand Prix - Qualifying!

Hello and welcome to San Marino for the penultimate round of the GPGNC. With the championship race becoming ever tighter, the party has arrived at the fantastic Imola circuit to take us one step closer to crowing the Season 3 champion. At the request of the San Marino team, the stewards have adjusted the circuit to match the 1991 configuration with chicanes added and taken away all over the circuit. The change should provide some fascinating racing, and right now the sun is shining so lets kick off qualifying!

The session started with bizarre turn of events at the Variante chicane. First Alvarez for Spain, and then immediately behind him Cremasco for Mexico pulled off the track with mechanical issues. Both cars had to pull off on their out laps for a transmission failure. Luckily for them both drivers were able to race back to the garage, hop in the spare car and take all their laps.

22nd: Mexico This signalled a start of what turned out to be a very rough afternoon for Cremasco. After the failure he set a starter time of 19th, but was only able to fall back to 22nd.

21st: Monaco Grimaldi also struggled to establish himself in the session, as he never found himself about 20th in the session. He managed to pull himself off the back into 21st.

20th: Ireland With the future of the team completely unknown, Taytoh did nothing to help rumours with a sluggish drive. 2nd to last row for Ireland.

19th: Philippines The first of the teams in the 10's was Sarosa. The Filipino driver look set for the back of the grid but marginally improved to put Philippines in 19th.

18th: Fiji With confirmation that Team Fiji will not exist in Season 4, Cauncaunibuca will want to cap his season with a better drive than that. A session which has a small amount of potential after a 15th place time slot quickly dropped off.

17th: Canada Despite finding himself with a -100 boost penalty to contend with, Copeman managed to work his way ahead of some of his competitors with a 17th.

16th: Great Britain Paddock laid claim to a 16th place slot right from the start and after a little yo-yoing found himself right back to where he started. 2nd out of the teams not using boost for GB.

15th: China The best of the teams without boost award went to Cheng Tung of China with a decent drive. A fairly anonymous session started in 12th before slowly falling into 15th.

14th: Germany With a title on the line Kederer may have hoped for a little more to come out of his boost but it wasn't to be and he could only manage 14th. He'll hope to improve to keep his fight alive.

13th: Italy Tafuro started off inside the top 10 after the first set of runs, but was unable to keep hold of it and eventually dropped down to 13th. A not too bad result considering the boost used around him.

12th: Bulgaria Nikolov will have hoped to take advantage of Germany slipping down the grid, but was unable to make full use of the chance with 12th.

11th: San Marino Moving into the top half of the grid and its Silvestre for San Marino who finds himself on the brink of the top 10. He held a promising 6th but wasn't able to improve after his first run.

10th: USA Into the top 10 drivers now and it was Austin who took 10th. A decent 2nd run for the American put him in decent stead once the grid had shaken itself out.

9th: Argentina After a terrible first run saw him sit down in 21st, Domenech turned it up a gear and set a much better lap time to net himself 9th. The Argentine managing to hook up his 300 boost better than some of the drivers around him.

8th: Australia Having spent the maximum boost points in this round, McGregor may have hoped for a top 5 as per his first run. No improvements saw him finish up in 8th however.

7th: Japan One of the only drivers to improve throughout the session, Kamikaze took several stabs at a final time before putting his Japanese car in 7th.

6th: France A comfortable 4th place looked to pay off the maximum boost after the first run for Girard, but he couldn't improve enough to keep that slot and dropped to 6th.

5th: Montenegro Another maximum boost user, Vukcevic looked set for 3rd place, even improving on his time at one point. He couldn't work on his time further however, Montenegro sitting in 5th after 30 minutes.

4th: South Korea A team with 500 boost setting a very good initial time before dropping back. Sound familiar? Like several teams before him Kung look set for a first row start before dropping to the 2nd row with 4th.

3rd: Spain Into the podium slots now and it was Spain who managed to shake off the earlier mechanical failure with a brilliant time in the first run. An improvement of 2 thousanths of a second kept that slot before Alvarez eventually conceded to sit in 3rd place. A fantastic drive considering the issues for the Spaniard.

2nd: Netherlands What looked to be a very ordinary session for De Boer quickly took a turn for the better as he was able to convert a 10th place into a front row slot. A tenth off the pole position, but a brilliant drive none the less.

1st: Portugal But it was Portugal who managed to turn it around even more spectacularly. Silva took an 8th place to start, marginally improved up to 7th before smashing the time set by Alvarez to take pole. A fantastic drive by Portuguese driver which seemed to come from absolutely nowhere!

So this is how the grid shall look for tomorrows race:

A big congratulations to Paulo Silva of Portugal for taking the pole position and the point that goes with it. The grid is set for a fascinating battle and by tomorrow evening we will be one step closer to finding out the champion of this season. Thanks for tuning in and we hope to see you then!

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2014 03:27PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Oooh yeah, Dijon's an awesome circuit! :D

GPGSL -
Yeah awesome result! Too bad I couldn't manage to snatch pole position! But we are making the best of this bad season :)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
YAY! First pole ever for the Portuguese team after so many races...
We are hoping also for the first win ever for our nation.

-----------------------------------------------------

Very good qualification by Kamikaze.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Could have been better, but with my rivals not doing much better than me it's not that bad. Let's see what the race will bring.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Not the position we hoped to be, but still we can progress to the podium!
Team China

Looks like it's going to be another tough race for Cheng. Starting from 15th isn't what we were expecting, so hopefully Cheng can make up some positions to get into the top 10.

Decent quali ;)

GPGSL -
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy