GrandPrixGames Nations Cup Season 3 [Round 17 - World Grand Prix - Abu Dhabi: Race pg 81-82!]

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
GPG Nations Cup Rd 15 British GP - Race Day

Part 2

We welcome you back to Silverstone, as we continue our coverage of the British GP.

After recovering from his error, Kung is quick to start putting pressure on Taytoh.

But maybe Kung needs to keep an eye out for what is going on behind him, as Nikolov looks to be the one putting pressure on instead.

Nikolov has a look up the inside for a pass attempt.

But he couldn’t make it, so slots back in behind the South Korea car.

Uh-oh. Kung has two wheels in the dirt. Another mistake that may be costly.

That seems to be the case, as Nikolov looks up the outside heading up Hangar Straight. But he isn’t the only one. Paddock and Vukcevic are looking into this battle as well. Meanwhile, the current standings shows that McGregor has been passed by Alvarez.

It’s really close between the Bulgaria and South Korea cars.

But Nikolov has been forced out wide as Kung successfully defends his position.

Which gives Vukcevic the chance to make his move on the Bulgaria car.

Vukcevic gets the position, and even Paddock has gotten by. Two positions lost within the space of two corners for Nikolov.

The standings shows that Kederer has dropped back to 16th.

Here he is in front of Silva.

Copeman must have made a mistake somewhere, which was missed by the cameras but not the standings. He was inside the top 10, but now is near the rear of the field. He will not be happy about that.

Back to the front, and Paddock is once again putting pressure on Kung. But awhile back, it was Vukcevic that was behind the South Korea car. What happened?

This may explain what happened. Vukcevic had a look up the inside of Kung.

And managed to make the move stick.

Leaving Kung to fend off Paddock.

This looks close between the two. Paddock goes for a passing move.

But Kung holds his position.

Behind them, Nikolov is still close enough to give Paddock some problems. But Nikolov will need to watch his back. Girard has caught up to the back of this battle group.

And he manages to get in front of the Bulgaria car. Nice driving by the Frenchman.

Silvestre and McGregor locked in battle.

Paddock has finally gotten in front of Kung.

With 10 laps done, here are the current positions.

Kederer has been passed by Copeman. How did this happen?

The replay shows that Copeman made a clean pass on Kederer.

Back to the battle between San Marino and Australia, and it looks like McGregor is attempting a move on Silvestre.

And makes the move stick. McGregor now sits inside the top 10.

Girard is really going well in this race. He has managed to get in front of Kung.

Alvarez being put under pressure by Sarosa, while Cremasco watches on, ready to strike should the cars in front make a mistake.

Going into the last corners, Cremasco is right on the back of Sarosa.

And it looks like contact was made. Sarosa goes wide and off the track, while Cremasco recovers. As a result, Cremasco loses the position to Silva, while Sarosa loses both positions while rejoining the track.

It hasn’t been smooth sailing for both Kamakazi and Grimaldi in this race. They sit in the last two positions, and probably need a miracle to get back into contention for a top 10 finish.

Taytoh looks to be under pressure from Vukcevic.

While further back, Kung has to defend from Nikolov.

Nikolov looks for a move up the outside.

He couldn’t get close enough before, but now finds himself directly on the back of Kung.

Not again. It seems contact was made between the two. Kung goes wide, while Nikolov just barely holds his position from De Boer after recovering. Kung on the other hand, ends up losing both positions while rejoining.

The first round of stop gets underway, as Cauncaunibuca is the first driver in.

And he rejoins, still in the lead. This shows just how dominate the Fiji team are at the current moment.

Taytoh, having taken his first stop, rejoins in 7th.

While Paddock rejoins in 9th after taking his stop.

Alvarez getting plenty of pressure put on him at the hands of Silva. Sarosa and Cremasco are waiting for a chance to get by.

Grimaldi looks to be in trouble. There’s smoke pouring from the back of his car, and it’s not the spray from the track. It would seem the engine has blown.

Which it has. That’s a retirement for the Monaco team.

Kung, having taken his stop, now sits behind Silva. And he may end up losing a position to Sarosa.

Apparently not. Kung was able to hold his position.

Another fastest lap to Cauncaunibuca.

Meanwhile, the battle between Kung and Sarosa has gotten more interesting.

Sarosa goes to the inside, in an attempt to pass into the next corner.

Side by side.

But is unsuccessful in getting by.

Sarosa goes into the pits for his stop, as we see there is a yellow flag situation.

Here is why we have a yellow flag situation. Cremasco and Copeman are both off the track. Did these two make contact? Or was it separate?

The replay shows that Copeman was attempting to look up the inside of Cremasco.

He looks close to making the move stick, but Cremasco isn’t willing to give his position up.

Which results in contact between the two, sending them into the sand.

Kederer goes up two positions as a result of the incident.

Cremasco and Copeman managed to get back on track, but lost a bunch of positions and now sit near the rear of the field.

Another fastest lap again to Fiji.

Vukcevic, Girard and Nikolov take their first stops.

Vukcevic rejoins in 3rd, Girard in 5th, and Nikolov in 6th.

Cauncaunibuca takes yet another fastest lap.

We have another yellow flag situation.

This looks to be the reason. Tafuro has lost one of his wheels.

And it was because of Kung running into him.

Onboard with Tafuro, and we see that Kung had run wide.

And contact was made as Kung was rejoining the track.

This results in Tafuro retiring from the race.

Kederer makes his first stop, as Alvarez focuses on keeping Sarosa behind him.

Team Fiji continues to stamp their authority on this race by setting another fastest lap.

Now that everyone has taken their first stop, let’s check the current standings as of lap 19.

It’s time for another break. Stay tuned for the next part.

Hopefully Kamikaze can snatch a top 10 position.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
6th is not where we would like to be, but still it is not that bad. Go on, Nikolov, you can make it top 5th at the end.
At the moment in 12th after a collision and two pit stops...
Hoping for some good luck for the rest of the race, for a change... :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Team Italy

Tafuro seemed quite pissed off over the retirement. Nothing of what he said will be reported here as we refuse to report his rant.

My GPGSL Career
Crap race. At least we didn't waste our boost points.

Well...I guess the deluge of bad luck continues, & it seems to have transfered to the Silverstone track from that Zandvoort wall. Maybe not too bad if these retirements keep up. But Sarosa did shout 'Yes, yes, I know what I'm doing' over the radio, so clearly a Kimi fan XD

A Scotsman in Indonesia. A fan of the Far East & all their drivers & an advocate of women in motorsport / GPGNC - S3: Team Philippines, S4/S5: Team Japan, S6: Team Indonesia (S6 runner-up)

Part 3

Welcome back once again.

Vukcevic on the back of Taytoh in the battle for 2nd.

Meanwhile, Sarosa is looking for a chance to get by Alvarez.

He tries to go around on the outside, but ends up going too wide.

Which gives Silva a chance to catch right up to the back of the Philippines car.

Silva managed to get by Sarosa, and now has his sights set on passing Alvarez.

But Sarosa wants to get the position back, and is keeping up with Silva.

Can anyone, or anything, stop Cauncaunibuca? He has a 28 second lead back to Taytoh, and at the moment everything looks to be going his way.

Onboard with Alvarez, as Silva makes a successful passing move on the Spanish driver.

Leaving Alvarez with the job of having to now defend from Sarosa.

Sarosa has a look up the inside.

But Alvarez manages to hold his position.

We finally have a new fastest lap holder. To the delight of the home crowd, Paddock takes the fastest lap.

Alvarez looks offline. This should give Sarosa the chance to get past the Spanish driver.

And Sarosa has done it. He has finally gotten by Alvarez.

Back to the front, as Vukcevic has a look up the inside of Taytoh.

And makes the move stick. Vukcevic now sits in 2nd.

Leaving the Irishman to defend from Paddock to hold onto the final podium spot.

Paddock tried to go around the outside, but isn’t able to make the move work.

Nikolov in the Bulgaria car now has the fastest lap.

Onboard with Paddock, as he looks for a chance to get past Taytoh. He goes to the inside.

And gets the job done. Paddock nows sits in 3rd.

Another change to the fastest lap. This time, Silva takes the fastest lap.

The second round of stops now gets underway. Cauncaunibuca is once again the first driver in.

And he rejoins in 1st.

The fastest lap changes once again. Now Vukcevic holds the fastest lap.

Silvestre looks to be missing his rear wing. That’s not good at all for the San Marino driver.

From the replay, it shows that Silvestre was under attack from Silva.

And then ran wide and off the track.

As he rejoined, he was hit from behind by Sarosa.

Leaving both Silvestre and Sarosa in need of repairs. But they need to be careful of both Kederer and Alvarez.

Kederer and Alvarez take advantage of the damaged cars, and make the move down the straight.

Even Kung takes advantage and gets past both cars.

The pitlane isn’t wide enough for two cars to enter at the same time, so this won’t look good.

Thankfully, they both manage to make it into the pitlane without any more damage.

Who will win this battle, and get out in front? Sarosa needs a new front wing, while Silvestre needs a new rear wing.

And it appears that Silvestre has won this battle.

Vukcevic has set another fastest lap.

Meanwhile, Paddock pits from 3rd.

And rejoins in 5th.

Another yellow flag situation?

This looks to be the reason for the yellow flags. Vukcevic is off the track.

And retires with a right front suspension failure. Such a shame too, as he was running inside the top 3.

Taytoh has spun around.

He gets going again, but has lost a few positions.

Alvarez is under pressure from Kung.

Nikolov takes his second stop from 3rd place. And it appears that most teams have switched from monsoon wets, to standard wets. Could this mean that the track conditions have improved slightly?

Nikolov rejoins in 5th.

McGregor currently sits in 4th place. But it’s only temporary until he makes his second stop.

De Boer hasn’t been seen much throughout the coverage, but he still is in contention for some good points.

Paddock once again takes the fastest lap.

Cauncaunibuca shows why he is dominating this race by taking the fastest lap again.

But Paddock shows that he is faster and takes the fastest lap back.

McGregor finally takes to the pits for his second stop.

Girard sits in 2nd, but needs to make his second stop. And he needs to do it soon.

Here are the current standings.

Final break of the coverage. We’ll try and be back soon. Stay tuned to see who will be the winner of the British GP.

I can only apologize to Tafuro, Kung needs to look at his mirrors before enter the track
Well, our hopes for the podium are still living. We keep our fingers crossed for Nikolov.

Part 4

Welcome back to the final part of the coverage, as we get set to see who the winner will be.

Cauncaunibuca again takes the fastest lap.

Silva is in for his second scheduled stop from 6th position.

Cremasco is in major trouble. His car is on fire. Literally.

Girard will not be enjoying this, as he is right behind the dying Mexico car.

Cremasco finally pulls over to the side of the track, and is now out of the race with an engine failure.

Alvarez on the defense, as Kung looks for his chance to pass.

He tries to go around on the outside.

But was unable to get by. Kung doesn’t give up though, and he is right back onto the back of Alvarez.

Alvarez has gone wide, and Kung takes the chance and goes up the inside. But it was an unfair move, as it seems more than likely that Kung made contact with the rear of Alvarez, causing the Spanish driver to run wide.

The end result sees Alvarez in danger of going a lap down, as the race leader is now on the back of him.

Cauncaunibuca has gotten in front of Alvarez, which now means that Team Spain have gone a lap down.

As we enter lap 29, here are the current standings showing the pitstops made.

Silvestre takes to the pits for his stop.

Paddock is slowly catching up to the back of Girard. Only 2 seconds separate the two cars.

Looks like Alvarez and Kamikazi are going to battle each other.

Silva takes the fastest lap.

It’s very close between the two.

5 laps remaining, and still no sign of when Girard will take to the pits for his stop.

And if that wasn’t enough to worry about, Paddock is getting even closer.

Where did Silva find the pace? Another fastest lap to Team Portugal.

Back to the battle for 2nd, as Paddock goes for a pass on the inside.

And he makes the move stick. Great driving from Paddock, and the crowds cheer in delight.

4 laps remaining.

Girard passes the pitlane entry, and once again doesn’t go in for his stop.

Let’s see how the current top 10 has moved since the start of the race.

Cauncaunibuca is closing in onto the back of Kung. If he gets by, Kung will go a lap down.

Silva once again takes the fastest lap.

3 laps remaining.

Cauncaunibuca gets by Kung, and Team South Korea are now a lap down.

2 laps remaining, and Sarosa is holding down 10th.

Championship leader, Kederer, currently sits in 9th position.

Again Girard goes straight by pitlane entry. Looks like he’ll be getting himself a post-race penalty for only stopping once.

Cauncaunibuca is on his way home. He has simply been unbeatable all race.

He enters the final corners.

And crosses the line to win the British GP.

Paddock finishes in 2nd.

And Girard finishes in 3rd. But this result is not official just yet as he’ll most likely be receiving a post-race penalty.

Nikolov finishes in 4th, but may become 3rd depending on what happens with Girard.

There we have it. In this rain soaked race, we had everything that we could possibly see. But in the end, it was Cauncaunibuca and Team Fiji who managed to survive and hold on to this race from the beginning. They are deserving winners, no doubt about that. Even if the British crowds seem to disagree with that fact. Until next time, it’s goodbye from Silverstone.

GPG Nations Cup Rd 15 British GP - Official Results

Race Results (Unofficial)

(Due to Team France failing to take their second stop, a penalty will need to be given out)

Fastest Laps

Brilliant coverage! :)

The Portuguese team set the fastest lap several times. Wow! :)
The 8th position in the end taste just to little... Too many bad luck over the season and this time was no exception...
We are hopping for some good results in the final races before we focus on the next season.

Penalties for dangerous driving for the next season?

-----------------------------------------------------

Happy with 9th considering I didn't use a boost. However the gap to second decreased further, so I guess it'll be a tough fight for the title in the last two rounds.

Nice job on the coverage, Greg :)

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2013 06:04PM by kedy89.
Although it was a really crap race forMonaco I must say it was a great coverage by Greg. Congrats mate.

13th is disappointing with other cars flying off everywhere.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Hey,

I would like to participate ... can nay1 brief me up on how to join ?

I am from india :D
roanshetty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey,
>
> I would like to participate ... can nay1 brief me
> up on how to join ?
>
> I am from india :D

Currently there are no free slots available, but it should be possible to put you onto the waiting list.

Yea please , but what do i need to do ? i have gp4 game of 2011 season ?

Any patches upgrades ?
roanshetty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yea please , but what do i need to do ? i have gp4
> game of 2011 season ?
>
> Any patches upgrades ?

You don't need anything to take part in the series as it's a AI based series. All you need is the templates for the car and helmet used by everyone. Just ask for the links and I'm sure someone can help you out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy