drt01 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Road Atlanta for me:-)

Same wote from here :) LMP/Endurance racing is great.... (Y)

And thanks for your work...
@kedy89: AVUS is a bit problematic. It has the same issue as Reims (I was also asked to do Reims). The version which had the banked corner was 8.3km long, which is a bit longer than what GP4 permits. (Reims is also a bit longer, even the 1952 version, though that one only slightly.) I could scale them down, but I am inexorably obsessed with making precise layouts, so at the moment it is not on the list, sorry. :(
Atticus. schrieb:
> @kedy89: AVUS is a bit problematic. It has the
> same issue as Reims (I was also asked to do
> Reims). The version which had the banked corner
> was 8.3km long, which is a bit longer than what
> GP4 permits. (Reims is also a bit longer, even the
> 1952 version, though that one only slightly.) I
> could scale them down, but I am inexorably
> obsessed with making precise layouts, so at the
> moment it is not on the list, sorry. :(

No problem. I just took a look at the different track versions, the original one even had a lenght of over 19km :-o, while the one that the ITC used in 1995 was only 2.6km long.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Sears Point :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Difficult vote, both tracks are great tracks. So, aftzr a long discussion with myself I vote for the older one Riverside.
(and Lime Rock too :-) )

Riverside plz!Dog

Sears Point :)

Nice suprise mate, looks very good :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Road Atlanta.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
+ 1.
Road Atlanta.

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
OK guys, here's the result:

Riverside 7
Road Atlanta 6
Sears Point 4

So Riverside won, hasbriale will likely present a preview soon, and I will publish the track in the evening. :-)
Road Atlanta!!! (Dang it! xD)

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Riverside is up. Its short description on p. 1 also worths a read.

And don't worry Road Atlanta and Sears Point will follow soon in this order.

Merry Christmas once again. :-)
astonishing work once again mr atticus! many many thanks and merry christmas!
Super stuff as ever! (B)
Lovely and tricky track. Nice Bahrain style blind left corner. Very difficult and these treacherous kerbs... Thank you and happy New Year!(B)

Date: December 26, 2012 09:31AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Riverside preview video updated on Page 1, Post # 5
Atticus. Wrote:
> And don't worry Road Atlanta and Sears Point will
> follow soon in this order.
>
Soooo... I mean, soon - when it will be??? Dog

As the gp4form.txt says, this is the first track where I used actual elevation data instead of my own assumptions, which were based on photos, videos and feelings. That resulted in a .dat file, which has practically all its parameters (layout, width, banks, verges, elevations, kerbs etc.) right, whereas earlier there were inaccuracies most notably on the elevation and kerb areas.

And as I wrote in the description on p. 1, you can attack this track aggressively - in fact, that is the only way to get 100% out of it. This is in stark contrast with Riverside's four hairpins, where endless patience is the key.

Enjoy. :-)

As for the future, Sears Point will also be polished to be ready for upload in a few weeks at the latest. I also have Cadweel Park more or less done, but I want it to be part of a three track English prack with Oulton Park and Knockhill.

However, there are numerous issues. First, I want three more tracks from America after Sears Point, namely Lime Rock Park, Mid-Ohio and Willow Springs. Second, I scheduled a number of things to focus on for the foreseeable future, so there might be huge delays after Sears Point, because, although building a .dat only takes about two weeks of full focus work for me, I will not have much time for this as things stand. Nevertheless, I will try to squeeze them in this year and we'll see how it goes.

Cheers. :-)

P. S.: Oh, and I almost forgot: increase ride height for Road Atlanta, this is very important. The default GP4 setup for Montreal cannot handle the climb from the Dip up to Turn 11 and the car bottoms up hopelessly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2013 05:23PM by Atticus..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy